Reviews for Note To Self: Learn Social Skills
xoxluurve chapter 31 . 3/4/2011
Hi,

Wow, after 30 long chapters, it's finally done! Haha, I just got around to reading the last chapter and it's a little bittersweet to know that there won't be another update. But anyway, onto the review!

Overall, I enjoyed Kate and Hal, and their relationship wasn't too bad either. In fact, I loved their constant denials (at each other, relating to each other...) and the way they treated each other in the beginning. Typical cliche, but welcomed cliche. Haha! I mean, her love for that other male (I don't even remember his name, see what Hal does?) seemed a little bland to me (or possibly because I was biased) but either way it worked out in our main couple's favour. :) The plot was interesting. I've read a few other stories where the maid/help falls for the employer/employer's family but not quite a situation like this! XD Kate is cute, but sometimes she annoyed me. I thought she was acting really stupid when she was contemplating whether or not to sleep with Hal, or if that would prove her love for him… It was idiotic and demeaning, and I loved Hal for pushing her away. It hurt, yes, it was rude, maybe, but it got the point across. He cared more for her than he let on. ALSO! I completely love how Hal always preferred Kate without makeup and just in her comfortable clothes. Every time he would wince, I gave my screen a knowing look, especially at Kate’s uneasiness. HAHA!

While I enjoyed the couple’s chemistry, my only issue is that as the story progressed, I noticed detail in the chapters progressively began to dwindle. They honestly felt half-heartedly written to me. This last chapter was great, but it felt rushed. It was touching in a detached sort of way, because I didn’t know what Kate was really feeling. They left so abruptly! I honestly just felt surprised by the last few chapters because it was harder to connect with the characters in comparison to initial chapters. Other than that… I’ve said everything there is to say, and I just wanted to thank you for sharing this with us! It was thoroughly enjoyed. :)

XOXLUURVE
goingsogagaoveryou chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
I love it! Super duper awesome story! I love Hal especially Katie! I'm gonna miss them. I hope you make a sequel! lol
Kelly Rogala chapter 31 . 2/22/2011
I absolutley loved this story. My favorite parts were the Note to self notes hahaha I found myself laughing through most of this story and having people look at me like I'm crazy but hey it was funny :) You are very talented and I look forward to reading more from you! I also loved the way it ended, great job!
CaBlasch87 chapter 31 . 2/20/2011
so, i just re-read this story. its still amazing. you do have some errors in earlier chapters, but your writing improved later on. i look forward to reading more stories from you
Lili and RayRay chapter 31 . 2/19/2011
I love this story! There were so many twists and drama!

Lili and RayRay ~.~
xEchoxInfernox chapter 31 . 2/15/2011
awesome! i love this and i love the characters, they are different and cool:). i like em crazy, makes me feel normal;).

i dont have anything smart or encouraging 2 say so i hope me just saying i love it and thank you, will do. thank you, because lately ive been finding it really hard 2 find a decent story with a happy ending thats pretty clean on both fp and in book stores. and that isnt about vampires or the supernatural, i can only take so much of it and i have reached my limit. lol.

so yeah. awesome. story. i would love 2 read hals pov but if u dont end up doin it than i'll be happy 2 just keep

re-reading thisD.

i hope this makes sense, if not just smile and wave.

-echo
thefaultinourpatronus chapter 10 . 2/5/2011
As usual, Ruth is great! I think i liker her more than I like Katie. She's so high-and-mighty and dignified types, that's what I love about her!

I wish Hal and Katie would stop faking their love! :)

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 9 . 2/5/2011
Hal is such a JERK! He makes me so mad. I wonder how Katie puts up with him. Then again, she has to.

Ruth's dad is so sweet! I love how he's so caring about Katie. Absolutely love the chemistry between Hal and Katie. Great chapter :)

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 8 . 2/5/2011
Can someone be immature in a good way? I think so. Because Katie's mom is DEFINITELY immature, but in a great way :)

Haha at the last line ;)

Katie ftw.

The jokes throughout the chapter are totally hilarious! You have a great sense of humor :) Four inch heels? Ouch! The shopping scene is written really well - detailed and all that. Great chapter :)

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 7 . 2/5/2011
"Kiss me Kate." Wow, I can so imagine lights flashing and the stage spinning. Total dramatic moment D Ruth is so Rawr. She reminds me of one of my best friends! She's so dominating and really cool. Josh Groban reference? LOVE IT! The only thing wrong was that some parts with her mom felt awkward and the dialog was forced. Those parts could use a bit of smoothening :) Anyhow, great chapter!

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 6 . 2/5/2011
Ooh, I hope there's no James and Lily. That would suck for Katie! Except all of a sudden, it doesn't really seem like she's into James that much anymore...

Hal is just way cool :) I love the hot and cold versions of him. WHY didn't I see this fake-relationship happening? I love it, though. Great plot!

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 5 . 2/5/2011
Aw, Henry's getting so much better. I might actually like him now! I like the football game in the beginning, it was easy to relate with because I never have a clue about what goes on in that game! Well, I caught a mistake where you said 'and' instead of 'are' but I can't find it ;)

I love the parts with Katie and her mom. She's really caring and understanding and sympathetic. I wish my mom was that understanding and sweet about everything!

Great chapter :)

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
Damn it, Hal is so hot and cold! I wish he's just come out and say, HEY! I'M NOT SO BAD! I'M HOT AND AWESOME! Haha, if only ;)

I love how outspoken she is. She's not exactly the world's most discrete person, is she? Great chapter, the tiny details here and there are awesome!

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 3 . 2/4/2011
Hal, be a gentleman? Fat chance, but I'd really like to see him try! ;) Hal's characterization is really getting well developed here - the whole parts with his dad help. It shows that's he's pretty insecure about that part of his life.

Anyhow, great chapter! (:

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
I freaking love the humor of this chapter. The parts where Hal forgets her name are awesome! I especially like the part where Hal says, "Hey, aren't you in my gym class?" CLASSIC. Great progress!

1,114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »