Reviews for Holy War
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
one word: AWESOMENESS! okay so it's not a word, but oh well, it is for this second. anywho, favorites *does dance*
Hoodwynk chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Hmm, it is very true that an open mind considers bad ideas, but it does not necessarily accept them. If there is a God, he is more truly found by looking with in one's conscious and heart. I really like this, though; the battle between faith and natural curiousity.
emptyemptyemptyempty chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Oh, your last two lines are intense, I love them. The whole building up of the poem is nice. I feel as though it's a little...I dont know, I hesitate to say small, because size doesnt really matter, but it's such a forcefull poem, I would have almost expected it to be bigger for the impact it left, If that makes ANY SENSE. It's an intimidating little poem. Very nice

Jo
Untitled and Unfinished chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Very good! I really enjoyed this entire piece. I especaially like the 4 and 5 lines. THey are really neat. I wonder if you could write more with this?
Katenheimer chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Easy fix: I love the way your poem flows, and the language and word choice is pure brilliance. I don't know if this was your intent, but what I got from this poem is that having a mind that is TOO open can lead to losing sight of your true self. While it is important to not be closed off from the world, opening yourself up to it can be just as damaging. Anyways, beautifully done.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I really liked this piece, except the last two lines. The whole idea of introducing lust into the end of the piece just didn't seem to serve a purpose. Anyhow as I said I did like the rest of piece a lot because tour word choices were really great. I loved the part about the a thought to add to a collection... great job!
Mahone-chic-89 chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Nice work!

I'm a christian myself so i found this particularly fascinating.

I like your use of adjectives and descrpitions.

My only complaint is that i'd want it to be longer. it could branch off into an even longer poem. other than that i think its great!

~L
nothing.void.gone chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
I thought this was a great poem. Great imagery. You can easily visualize what's happening as you describe it. I like the line "nothing induces lust like an open mind". Very thoughtful. Unfortunate that it's short, because I would have liked to read more P Good stuff.
Jaserinu chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
"Armies are being built

and nothing induces lust

like an open mind."

Beautiful lines! Fantastic work!