Reviews for All the Fading Roses
brenna chapter 7 . 8/20/2008
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

i love this story and it just keeps getting better!
DareSapere chapter 7 . 7/31/2008
yay! update!

want. no need. to. know. waht. happens. next.

ah

please update again :]
An Inside Joke chapter 7 . 7/24/2008
I'm not sure how to feel about Casey. It says she never says anything intentionally mean, but her comments about the nun "hiking up her skirt" and telling the classmate that "your halitosis is offending the rest of us" seem unnecessarily mean.
An Inside Joke chapter 6 . 7/20/2008
A solid chapter. I thought it was odd that at least one person wouldn't come up and introduce themselves - unless this is such a big school that some people never even meet, and as such don't even know when there's a new kid?
An Inside Joke chapter 5 . 7/18/2008
Interesting that the marriage would be so bad at this point, when they made so much "progress" (or were at least willing to speak to one another) so immediatley after teh shock.
An Inside Joke chapter 4 . 7/14/2008
Great charecterizations in this chapter. I really got a feel for Uncle Rob right away, and everyone's different reactions on the airplane was great.
JD Allen chapter 7 . 7/11/2008
Yay! She has friends! I'm loving Casey, she's an awesome character. And Brandon, well, he's pretty adorable. I like his and Lydia's dynamic, even if it's pretty subtle right now. There's still a vibe between them and I love that stuff!

My only constructive criticism is you used the word "wryly" a lot, especially in the beginning of the chapter. I don't blame you for it, "wryly" is one of my favorite words, but you may wanna get rid of a few of them. I think we know Lydia's personality well enough to understand when she's being wry or not, you know?

Great chapter, loved the end especially! Can't wait for more!
kte-wonderful chapter 7 . 7/11/2008
Yay! I must tell you, I adore this story so far ]] I really enjoy all of the connections the characters have and the relationships which are coming out of it. I just had the feeling as I was reading this chapter that Casey and Brandon would be siblings... and then I was right! Haha, it was awesome ] I'm not saying that your story is predictable, of course, but rather that the way you wrote it was ideal to keep the readers thinking. D Loved it, and I can't wait to read more!

ps.. Hope you had a great vacation and can resolve the medical stuff! P ]
HoPeLeSs Or A rOmAnTiC chapter 7 . 7/11/2008
be

i would like to take this moment to say

your story rocks the casbah

:D
TheAmazingBritt chapter 7 . 7/10/2008
Alright! An update!

Finally...

Ok, this chapter was so good.

I love how she's finally getting normal...

Update again very very soon please...
An Inside Joke chapter 3 . 7/6/2008
Hey. I like the direction this chapter took - it was really unexpected.

Honestly, I think this chapter was one of the weakest of the story so far. I hate to say that, because it was still good, but it didn't have the same ring of realism that the rest of this story has had. The conversation Lydia overhears right after the affair is discovered seemed very generic - some of the lines seemed cliched, and none of the conversation seemed personal - it could have been any couple any where any time.

I also felt it a bit unbelievable that they'd decide to move so quickly. After every thing the family has been thorugh, a move across the country seems like the last thing they'd need. I'd have thought they'd at least talk it over with a counsellor, or try to make it work at home, or something.

Sorry if this review seemed harsh, but the rest of the story was really great, and I'd like to see this chapter up to the same standard.
Brenna chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
dang i hadn't read this in a while but i was missing out! this is a great new chapter and i cant wait to read more!

and "In the end, everyone learned a valuable lesson and the world was a much better place." i love that part!
An Inside Joke chapter 2 . 6/23/2008
Good chapter. I felt the lawyer's son wasn't entirely believable as he was so slimy, and he didn't reall treat her the way you'd expect him to treat someone he was attracted to. I'd think he might have been overly sweet or something.

The first transition was a bit confusing. Since you ended the first segment by refering to the day she attempted suicide, I thought the next segment would be a flashback, and I was pretty far into it before I realized we were still in the present.

This is very realistic, and all the details make me wonder if it's based on a true story. Stories like this run the risk of being melodramatic and/or contrived, and while I did question the fact that her grades would be so good and she'd have so much special treatment, the rest seemed very realistic.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Beautiful job at description on her and her wrists. It really paints a picture.

Whenever a story starts out with saying something like "it was a beautiful day". It begins to put me to sleep. Stories that begin with something that grabs your attention tend to get read all the way through. I'm not saying your opening is bad. It's okay, but it could be improved. Don't sweat it. We all can't have award-winning sentences every time we write a sentence. I sure don't! ;)

I'm interested, so I'll be reading more. Good luck with writing, this story, and life. Have a fantastic summer.

Twilight Starr
YellowCanary chapter 6 . 6/15/2008
I love this story it's great. I really like amount of detail you put in to your writing. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
34 | Page 1 .. Last Next »