Reviews for Ribs
Lost In Context chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
Intense.

I love "Dancing in clothes marked/CAUTION" and "While they forget in lull of goodbye/They breathe and crack and sigh"

I'm not exactly sure what the underlying idea here is, except it sounds a bit like self-destruction to me. A little creepy as well. Nice.
The Hippie Nerd chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
There is a great honesty to this poem, and a dark undercurrent that gives it a unique vibe. Some astounding imagery throughout. Hm, I'm not overly crazy about the last line- not that it's bad or anything, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the poem. Endings really are the hardest part though, I find I struggle with them far too often. There's something about the third stanza that I especially love. Great job!
Johannas mirror chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Oh. I like this. Especially the Fragility among the agile bit. I think the end, and endings are so difficult, seems a *bit* contrived, but it doesnt overpower the lovely thing you have going on in this poem. I really like it.

Jo
angels know the rest chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I like how blunt this poem is - with metaphors like "her organs are captors of these prison bars", I don't think anyone could read "Ribs" without feeling the impact of what you're saying. Good job!
the face in the window chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
oh gosh, i have a friend like this. thanks so much for writing this, it's beautiful and i think i'm inspired to write a poem about my friend now.

rowan.
Scarlett Wynter chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Very descriptive in a chilling way. I love the lines "dancing in clothes marked/CAUTION/fragility among the agile" :D
SirScott chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Touching poem. It's good to see you around again.

SirScott