Reviews for the Art of being a Friend
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
kind of sad and sweet at the same time

the second stanza is one of my favorites. i think some parts of the poem are a little vague, but maybe that's for us interpret on our own.

after reading "(I never wanted)" the song i never wanted (as i lay dying) started playing in my head. and it kind of fits in a way. strange

the ending i also liked. it had finality without being too sudden

(thanks for your review from ages ago)

overall, nice poem :]
Setsuna529 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I really like the second stanza, it is a unique idea.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
"A broken heart is prettier/than a fulfilled dream/it means Love existed/and it’s not an invention by the Art"

I loved the whole thing, but this stanza was by far my favorite, probably because I agree with it. Nicely done!
Unique1952 chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
This is very good. I love the metaphors and the way you described things in this piece - it gave a great visual and a better understanding of your writing. The message here is one that I can relate too and I think that's why this appeals to me so. Again, great work with this.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
There's some grammar in here, but I'm too tired to fix it... lol. However I liked the idea a lot. The Dear thing was nice and I liked the descriptions of you an him a lot. Well done.
someday-i-will chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I liked how this was structured. Nicely written.
Scarlett Wynter chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Interesting structure. I like how the last stanza brings the poem full circle.

But it should say "a broken heart is prettier/than" not "prettiest/than"

Other than that, great job.
AK the Twilight chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
The indecision of the whole poem, surprisingly, is its strong point. It may be a poem of "being a friend," but it apparently is more than that. It did seem rather inconsistent in that case. The hints at love feel unsubtle and tend to lack specific placement. It's a great poem full of interesting imagery, but it would've been even better if some of the "love" concepts were organized into a crescendo of sorts, where the buildup is a bit smoother.

Overall, though this was still excellent, though not as solid as other of your works. It was still a great poem and worth reading. Great job.