Reviews for Things that kill me inside Issue 2
kb.arrera chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Just decided to read something else of yours on a spur, discovered they were mostly rants. Found that interesting.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say thank you. for being so oppinionated. I appreciate people who are brave enough to just say what they think and really not give a shit about what others say. (example, your response to tiefling and tenacious surrender)

Go you.
123456DoesNotExist chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
This one, I don’t agree with.

There may be a small percentage of schools that are like that, but mostly, no. I go to an alternative school, a boarding school. I’m working my ass off the stay there, many of my friends are working theirs 10x harder (don’t know how they do it all). There are so many opportunities, you do get to meet a lot of people that you wouldn't otherwise dream of meeting. But, it does come with a price. Money, obviously (Tuition for boarding school runs around the same as some colleges, $30,0), and responsibility. Emphasis on that. Everything I ever looked at when considering this was the same. I didn’t see a single ‘slacker school’.

And even then, for the few that do exist, do they really get the advantage? They don’t do any work, they don’t accept the responsibility and then they get to college. They’re so excited and they think they can to anything because they got this far. They’re in for a real treat then, because then they realize, they can’t do this. No way in hell. Not after never accepting the responsibility. So, they become a college dropout instead. Still, not that much better, you have to admit.
Lorki chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
Maybe. I figured it was the nicest way to put it. I love that you focus on that particular part of my response, rather then my actual point that you seemed to be calling into question. Seems like theres a pattern in how you read my writing.
Tiefling chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
*chuckles* Vicious? You must be working with a rather different definition of the word from what I understand.
audsome chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
you have a few grammatical errors and word errors, like: sink of swim philosophy.. should be sink or swim.

i was talking with two girls who thought that they should be permitted to graduate even though they did not pass the CAHSEE test, which is basic grammar and math, and they had at least two chances to retake it. people will do everthying they can to not do anything.
Clemency Lime chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
I think this is interesting, because I am homeschooled and hear a lot of different opinions on the ways that children should be schooled. Whoever said that you are an idiot lost their point the second they decided to go name-calling, so whatever my view on this, I have to say, that was childish.

Last year six of my friends joined a Montessori school while I was attending classes, working on huge (butt) projects, and generally flooding myself with as much information and knowledge as I could fit into my freshmen year. I was a little sore when they came back and told me how they were getting an education by doing three classes and then making a peace pole. I have nothing against peace poles, but seriously? How was that fair? Summer camp, guys, I thought. (In the long run, their school flunked, because Montessori is meant for gradeschool and not highschool, and they all have to do work over the summer.) Many believe homeschooling is a practice of religious isolation, but that is not why all do it. I do it because I can get as rigorous an education as many I know in public school. But I have initiative and hard work ethics to keep me moving forward, unlike some homeschoolers. I understand what you're saying about frustrating because I (from what I have read about you) work just as hard with my projects (civic projects, like running a website and program for an oral historic walking tour in my downtown, and a new teen art gallery business that I helped to start in January) and with the virtual school classes and general classes that I take every day for a grade.

Seeing others get the easy track can be infuriating, but realize that in the end, if you are a hard worker, then you will get where you want to be. Don't let jealously or frustration make you work any less, and keep in mind that some Alternate schools, like homeschooling or virtual schools, also set very high standards for individuals like you. (You are not superior because you are a hard public school worker, I mean.)

Jeez, does it just make you want college or what? I'd love to be there already!
Lorki chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Well I'm not completely sure why, if you were completely uninterested in it, why you would read it, just to make it sound as if I'm a whiny bee-yotch? Thanks

Calling me an idiot made me totally change my mind, how very thoughtful of you.
Tenacious Surrender chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
(Agrees with Tiefling)

Have I mentioned, you're an idiot?
Tiefling chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
A case of sour grapes doesn't make for particularly entertaining reading. There will always be people with advantaged you don't have. You might as well just learn to live with it.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
You know what I also hate? People like me work their asses off all through high school, taking all AP and Honors classes. Up here, we don't get our GPAs inflated or anything for our trouble, like in some states. Actually, our GPAs suffer because we're often getting lower grades than we would have in other classes. Then, you have all the people taking the "regular" classes, many of them coasting through. Their GPAs, meanwhile, are inflated because of the ridiculousness of many of these classes. (I can tell you right now, the reason I stopped taking the "regular" classes was because we never did anything in half of them.) Who gets rewarded most of the time?

Yeah, that'd be the kids in the crap classes.

Anyway, sorry I ranted on you. I just thought I'd let you know I agree, is all. ;)