Reviews for Divination
BlackestOpal chapter 2 . 6/9/2008
This is beautiful and sad.

I loved the way you worded it and I loved a lot of the punctuation.

"i’m afraid

of her knowing the truth

—my battle within—

because i want to protect her from everyone

including myself."

That's my favourite stanza.

I like the full version, it has more. I liked both halves equally, so having more is better than having less. :D In this case, anyways.
DefineBeauty chapter 2 . 6/5/2008
i agree with you, i like the first half by itself better. my reason for this is that it seems to give it more mystery, more depth. the second half, in a way, doesn't do the first part justice. even though it gives more backround, it takes the mystery away. and i think the mystery of it is the important part of the poem
casi chapter 2 . 6/2/2008
I'm sorry that i can read you so well (seeing as you dont like it or such) but you cant protect me from you, because by doing that you pull away and i need you, your my bestest friend and the one i love to pieces ) but if you dont want to tell me or dont want to talk about it, you can always just tell me that. I will ask and i will always ask but you never have to answer anything you dont want to ).

I love you!

-casi

[hey want to let my parents in on the whole 25-year old thing? i swear they think im still 12-13]
deletethisaccountplease9 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Hmm, well I cannot see the full version for some reason, but the first three stanza's are really good. I like the pattern (short long short long short) in the lines (the first one seems to fit well with short short long long short though, so don't change that :) ) Keep up the great work!

Now on to content (as I so often comment on, much to most authors chagrin.) I completely and totally know what you mean by that one person who can just... see through you. I am not going to deny that I have as many walls as are necessary to keep my emotions in check, but this guy can just see through them like superman with x-ray vision. At first I did the same thing, ran away, kept my distance, but when the time came that I wanted someone to relate to my problems, he was there, because he knew exactly how I felt. So don't completely rule this person out as a close friend. Sooner or later, knowing that someone will get it without you having to say it will be a HUGE comfort to you. I can almost promise you. :)

Have an great day and an awesome week! D

Maximus Rexmundi