Reviews for First Sighting
Distilledfx chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Interesting story.

The summary for this caught my eye, as I too have written a Oneshot involving a monster massacring people on a train (PLUG TIME - THE LAST TRAIN). The Reaper seems like an interesting character with some sort of backstory, but you have to continue the story so that people can read about it, otherwise he is just some random guy with a massive sword who kills monsters.

Your idea was good and the buildup was suspenseful, but your description was a little lacking. I didn't have a clue what the monster actually looked like for the whole thing. Also I was a little confused by who was eaten. Also I think your combat, while action packed and interesting, was a bit empty sounding - He did this, the monster did that. Sort of thing.

Anyway, I had fun reading this. I hope there is more because there seems to be a shortage of monster hunter stories on FP. Nice work and keep writing.
Pyro Ghost chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I wonder if Reaper kills these things as a type of job, or if he does it because he feels like it. One of his comments to Static would make me think the last one. The story's coming along nicely.
Silent Will chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I see your style hasn't changed at all (not that that's a bad thing) That was a pretty nice job for about an hour of work, so keep on trucking.
Bob Evans chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Curious. It would seem your Reaper Chronicles is crossing more worlds than just the future. I'm wondering if more of these beasties will make an appearance in the main story... Excellent work on the Creative Writing. Keep writing.

~Bob Evans