Reviews for Scribe's Sleepless Night
Doodleflip chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Well first and foremost, I like this poem.

In places the word order seems a little awkward, but nothing major. It's also not too clear what time period this is meant to be set in- the modern day, if you are writing as yourself? The first person voice sort of suggests that, but then the references to the candle seem out of place.

These are just tiny quibbles though, overall it flows really well and there are some lovely lines, particularly the first line and the last verse. It has a strong emotional impact and that's always good. :)
Auribus Teneo Lupum chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I loved how you make everything so alive in this, love in the background but still the reason for everything. And the last stanza summed up the whole thing, which I really liked.
PoisonedRazorBlades chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
I like it... Not really sure what I like about it... Hehe I like it. XD
miscellanea chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
That was immensely beautiful. I loved your concept of indirectly talking to someone through writing, but not something as direct as a letter. My favorite phrase was 'letting my emotions breathe'. Very eloquent, saying things in a clear way without being wordy. Your questions were sparingly placed for the optimum effect. Much Love, Miscellanea
lymli chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
that's weird, I mean to me the first verse was dark, freak.. something full of anxiety but it's a nice poem, I like your words.
Unique1952 chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
This is sweet, I like the story in it as well as the way that it's told. Nice work with this, I enjoyed reading it.
Isca chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
What an excellent poem! I loved how it was written for someone. You also had some good lines in this piece like the last line :).
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I can relate to this, or at least the staying up all night writing poetry aspect of it. I liked that you also addressed the person you were writing the poetry to/about. Nicely done, again. )