Reviews for Good Dogs Don't Bite
ClassicStatic chapter 11 . 1/30/2010
OMG OMG OMG OMG PLEASE Update soon (: This is soo great!:)
Garneau chapter 11 . 1/9/2010
I am really enjoying this story.

Its a really interesting concept you have come up with, having the supernatural beings as 'pets'. In the real world I reckon there would be a whole heap of issues regarding abusing ethics, in terms of their treatment. Anyway, it's a really captivating and unique idea. I have never read a werewolf story set in an environment like this. Well done on not following the cliche.

I'm still confused about what Adrian's line of work is and what it invovles, though I suspect that it is illegal.

I think you write really well from Raze and Marah's perspective, though in previous chapters I didn't think you're writing from Malachi's point of view was as authentic or as persuading. In this chapter, you have really stepped it up a notch. The segment through Malachi's eyes was really really good. It was also eventful which helped you pass the necessary slips of information about Adrian and Mendel into the story in an intreging way.

Intially I found this chapter a bit confusing to follow, in terms of the characters emotional state, so the note at the end was really helpful in straightening out each character psychological circumstance.

I notice the ocassional error in spelling/expression/grammar (not that I can talk ;)), but besides that it is pretty well written.

I'm excited to see what happens next when you update,

desmoulins.
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT NOW 323402 chapter 11 . 1/8/2010
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

update soon

im inlove with this story :D
Aspendragon chapter 3 . 1/7/2010
Brilliant. Brilliant.

I congratulate you on SO MANY LEVELs.

First of all, I LOVE how you're not going with stereotypes such as Cassy and Adrian, both being blonde but have a high sense of intelligence. Although Cassy is naive and Adrian is maniacal, that's just their personalities and Cassy doesn't seem to be Ell Woods (although I love her too for her own type of intelligence.) Adrian is absolutely charming, I love how you're writing these two characters out.

Second, pet information. Although you're using mythological creatures as this universe's main pet theme, I love how you're applying proper research. Such as Cassy going into depth about the psychology of an abused animal and how Marah is learning from her own mistakes. Basically I can see you actually have an idea of what you're talking about in comparison to authors who write about vicious werewolves simply falling for the main character and obeying her every whim since the moment they met. THANK YOU FOR BEING REALISTIC. I personally love stories that tell a great story and educate at the same time.

Third, overall great character design and staying away from the typical colors (grey werewolf while most are either white or black.)

My own negative mark is that maybe you should make paragraphs a little longer, more description in gestures, habits, etc. REALLY make characters stand apart, so that when they show they have something in common, it really pulls at the heartstrings (I hope that made some sense.)

Very impressive story, keep it up!
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT NOW 323402 chapter 2 . 1/7/2010
nice :D
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT NOW 323402 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
this sounds very charming

good first chapter :D
ThatLovelyDarkMelody chapter 8 . 1/6/2010
update lot's with short chapters!
ThatLovelyDarkMelody chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
The beauty of defiance and rage! I loved this. Hope her brother is happy lol.
charliej chapter 11 . 1/1/2010
Quite a unique take on the usual werewolf story! Like the characters (mostly - Malachai? not sure, Brother - nut bar but with a reason?)

Curious to see how this plays out
Musical-Ink-Exchange chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
love it so far and will deffinatly keep reading. keep writing!
Adrenalin chapter 11 . 12/20/2009
Ok, no. I’m not marrying that scene from the previous chapter, I’m marrying that scene from Marah’s POV. Or maybe both… They could live with me and have some fun together and produce a lot of baby scenes in this genre…

Marah sounds so wild in this scene, it was exhilarating. It made me think that she was quite the repressed girl usually. I mean, Adrian is a very volatile character, and it’s doubtful that Marah doesn’t share some of this wildness. So her freedom there made me think that it would be interesting to see her lose that control she has over her emotions…

Speaking of Adrian, I was so shocked by his attitude toward Malachi. This is the first time we get to see how much of a psychopath he can be and, well… It was kinda terrifying.

And yeah for Marah trying to apologize for ditching Cassy!

I’ll be waiting very impatiently for the next chapters of this story.

For the Review Marathon, link in my profile.
Adrenalin chapter 10 . 12/20/2009
Oh my ** god, Raze’s POV! When I saw his name below Malachi’s part, I almost skimmed over the end of it to jump straight into our dear werewolf’s head (I didn’t, don’t worry).

Malachi’s part is becoming more and more intriguing. What can they be doing at Genesis, seriously?

I liked how you shared the werewolves’ insults with us by using Raze’s mulling. But the little mutt has seriously one hell of a temper! I was on edge the whole time until he morphed into his wolf form, fearing he might hurt Marah (I would kick him to death if he did).

And the scene when he starts playing with her? TOTAL, EPIC LOVE! (that scene is gonna become my second spouse I think) Finally some bonding between the two of them. And better, bonding over something Raze loves, wildness and running and all.

I felt sorry for Cassy at the end, because yeah, they totally abandoned her. But I was so happy I had guessed right about her… Compassion really is not my forte! Haybell calling her cuz reminded me that she had called the dryads her ‘wooden cousins’. Is Cassy a dryad? Or probably only half, if she’s not listed as a demon…
Adrenalin chapter 9 . 12/20/2009
Ahahah, payback time, Marah, you really shouldn’t have left Raze in the cage! (Yes, I’m a vindictive little bitch… Sorry). Your description of the fight scene is well thought out and flows naturally, but you once again did your little thing with starting paragraphs in the same manner: ‘As the heavy gate’/’ As I approached’ and the next two paragraphs with ‘It wasn’t’/’It didn’t’. If I can give you some advice so you can point them out yourself, it’s to take your chapters and read only the two-three first words of each paragraphs. You’ll see quickly if there are any repetitions that are annoying to read.

Haybell is a fun and easily lovable character. Her input about dryads made me think of something: isn’t that kind of what Cassy does?

I also liked to learn more about Raze. I had suspected that he had been bitten into becoming a lycan when you had described his scar, but actually knowing it is not the same. And I loved how you made that into something that get him rejected amongst the werewolves. Racism everywhere, people!
Adrenalin chapter 8 . 12/20/2009
Of course the Cassy/Raze/Marah moment in the car, with Cassy realizing that no, she still doesn't have anyone to babble to death in the morning, made me laugh to no end. She's such a happy-go-lucky character, I love that. And her little trick for calming Raze down is really useful, but I still doesn't understand how it's possible that she got it.

The part about the cage made me shudder. I'm claustrophobic, and I can't imagine how I would react to being locked down, no matter how big the cage, for I don't know how many hours. I would probably have a panic attack... And wolves are reputed for being claustrophobic. Poor Raze, I totally understand his predicament (and I'm not so happy with Marah using her promise from the morning to get him in the cage)
Adrenalin chapter 7 . 12/20/2009
Oh my god, the laugh I got at reading about Marah's culinary experiments! It's amusing how spoilt girls never quite manage to learn to cook. (And Raze's commentaries made it all the more worthwhile).

I also liked the way Marah chose to compromise at the end. I would have been disappointed if she had chosen any other way to get what she wants. And the idea of getting to see them doing whatever Raze wants is so exciting, I can't wait :) Finally (perhaps) they will be able to bond a little (I mean, she's giving him more and more freedom, he has to be at least a little thankful, no?)
427 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »