Reviews for After The Rain Has Fallen
Fiery Dancer chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Very nice - felt a little rushed but that's understandable for a challenge one shot :) great fic
Carmel March chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This was just wonderful. I loved the whole world you created, your incredible writing style, the detailed descriptions, Takis and Xenia's relationship, the whole plot, and...well, all of it! Amazing job :)
atlalok33 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
pelase, please, please continue this. make a sequel with a child maybe?
my princess ending chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I thought this was really meaningful and I really enjoyed reading it.

xoxo,
JustWish
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Hi there! Your story has been added to the one-shot category on "A Drop of Romeo." Here's your review:

Le Meg has done it again. You may be wondering: what is "it," anyway? "It" would be the exquisite combination of an exciting plot, out-of-this-world characters, and immaculate prose.

The story starts off as Takis, a thief, brakes into a palace to steal Princess Xenia's necklace- a necklace which was given to her by the man she is promised to marry. Le Meg sets up the scene perfectly, giving insight to both Takis' life as a thief and what drove him to try and snatch the necklace in the first place.

Takis' character, quite frankly, is awesome. He's clearly intelligent, and he's also meticulous, two traits he definitely needs in his questionable profession. Despite the fact that he makes his living by stealing, he's so cool that it's hard not to adore him. Even the cold Princess Xenia would agree.

Princess Xenia, according to Takis, is a very icy person. What he doesn't realize until he meets her, however, is that she is quite clever and observant. She has her intentions, just as he does, and they are presented in a way that makes it easy to understand why she does what she does for him.

Other than portraying her characters in a lovable, realistic way, Le Meg's writing is nothing short of brilliant. The grammar is perfection, the words flow together like a delicate river, and it's clear how much effort and time she pours into what she writes.

It's now your turn to experience "After the Rain Has Fallen," and the joy of "it." So go on and click the link, we all know you want to.
aRUShtotheheadlikebRainFReeeze chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
A little too much detail at the beginning for such a short story, but it is good once the two characters actually meet.

His thoughts are very amusing. The leopard cub jumping up onto her bed was perfect because I instantly was able to visualize the scene as sort of princess jasmine with rajah type of look. I was instantly transported to the scene.

The love scene was a little weird at first with him pulling out, but the rest was good.

I wish that there was more to read!
KenzieGirl chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
This was very exciting to read. The way that you described the setting, I really feel like I could have been there. I loved how you went into detail on the feel of the place, like how he could feel the on coming storm. I feel like giving a detailed setting and background descriptions are really crucial to make a story feel real, it allows for me to connect with the story better, and you did it really well I thought. Also, I thought that the oleander bit was interesting, I felt like there was connection between the oleander and Xenia, both are very beautiful on the outside, but are different from which they appear on the inside. I really liked both of the characters, and I was really happy when her leopard cub didn't get left behind. I am excited to read more from you! :)
ForgottenHope chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Great story! Very creative! You're right; it does have the potential to become a multi chapter story. I think you should add on to it. I'm sure I would read it and thoroughly enjoy it if it's anything like this chapter. Add on to it! )
my toes are cold chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
this has always been one of my favorite stories

and now even more so after i found out my favorite spicy tortilla chips are also called takis!
widdersense chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Well, I adore this! I've adored it for a long time, actually, and once every span of some months, I'll be reminded of it by a turn of phrase, and Google "thief Sahara fictionpress" and relive it.

The pre-storm thrill is damp and seductive, the characterizations expected but riveting, and the storyline a girl's absolute dream.

But one thing: When, if ever, will we see its 10-chapter sequel The Prince of Hours? I've read your Blogger scrap on the "surprise" Xenia had prepared for Takis several times over, as well. I'm impatient for more of this vivid couple, atmosphere, era – but its been three years since 2008. Oh, do grant me an answer!
hideseekkeep chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
What a gorgeous story! I've always been a sucker for princess/scoundrel pairings and you told it beautifully.
Rosedreamer101 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Wait- I don't understand why she contradicted herself and told him "don't do this" after she had previously begged him to fuck her? It was good though !
QuickSilverSand chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
God, I loved this story! I loved how cool the princess was! I love confident female leads! Please, please, please continue it!
WinterInk24 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Ah. So good. You do such good challenge responses. :D I love Takis. Nothing sexier than an arrogant robin hood. I didn't warm up to Xenia as much, mainly because I didn't really learn alot about her personality. Yes, I realized she is confident and hungers for independence...but I guess I liked a person with humor more. Takis and Xenia are hot together. That little tryst in the sheets. Hot. Also did not see taht coming so suddenly, so that was a pleasant surprise. I don't think I beleive that their chemistry is so freakisally strong that they right away have sex with each other, but I still liked it because I like a little smut in things. :D I hope you really think about making this one-shot into something longer. Left it open enough that you could make this into something even more amazing. Not could, I know. You are a brillant writer. Have seen this plot kind of, but the descritive language, the intense atmosphere you were able to create was a amazing. Great charaters.
WishBlade chapter 1 . 10/30/2010