Reviews for After The Rain Has Fallen
QuickSilverSand chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
God, I loved this story! I loved how cool the princess was! I love confident female leads! Please, please, please continue it!
WinterInk24 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Ah. So good. You do such good challenge responses. :D I love Takis. Nothing sexier than an arrogant robin hood. I didn't warm up to Xenia as much, mainly because I didn't really learn alot about her personality. Yes, I realized she is confident and hungers for independence...but I guess I liked a person with humor more. Takis and Xenia are hot together. That little tryst in the sheets. Hot. Also did not see taht coming so suddenly, so that was a pleasant surprise. I don't think I beleive that their chemistry is so freakisally strong that they right away have sex with each other, but I still liked it because I like a little smut in things. :D I hope you really think about making this one-shot into something longer. Left it open enough that you could make this into something even more amazing. Not could, I know. You are a brillant writer. Have seen this plot kind of, but the descritive language, the intense atmosphere you were able to create was a amazing. Great charaters.
WishBlade chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Amazing! And I looked up the song as soon as I finished ]
gnominator chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
WOW!

Aw I love reading your challenge responses. They are so creative and well written. You incorporate all of the required plots, lines, characters, objects etc so fluently and not just shoved in like many others do.

So id like to thank you for entertaining me this afternoon- and also for distracting me from my study- now I have to stay up and finish! :P

xx
lrstar123 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
aww. It's great that the thief allowed the princess to come with him in the end! Another great one-shot with truly unique characters. I love how the pet is a leopard cub! I want one. I think the best thing is that you managed to convey really effectively how the princess felt about her situation. It definitely helped me to emphasise with her which allowed me to become interested in the story. The only thing I'd maybe consider changing is the length of the introduction - perhaps maybe you could break it up with some dialogue? Otherwise, great work :)
Jade Windsor chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I love this so much! The detail was perfect-everything was outlined but it wasn't overbearing. The phrases/lines you chose from the song meshed well with the story itself. Great job!

-Jay
joyfulangel28 chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I so wish this was not a oneshot! (I want to know what happens next haha) This story was amazing; both your writing and your plot! I loved it… especially how the princess wasn’t exactly what the thief expected; they really are such a perfect match for each other. Even though it has an M rating, that scene wasn’t overdone – it was perfect )
un chien andalusia chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
i've only read guy gavriel kay's 'the lions of al-rassan' but something of your story reminds me of its atmosphere. exotic yet familiar.

anyhoo, this is a fascinating premise. something to explore at a later date?

btw, have you shopped 'ghost stone' to publishers? it's very well written - the chapters i'd read before they were moved.
Kajal chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
That was amazing! I absolutely adore your writing style. What you came up with for the challenge and how you incorporated everything was very creative. I wish you had turned it into a longer story because as you said, it has so much potential.
Chocorange888 chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
There's an amazing amount of depth for a one shot here. I liked their characters, thank you.
ASingleSplendidSong chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Oh, this is brilliant. Please continue writing your stories and please get published one day soon. The world lacks fantastic literature, which you most certainly have. x
E. M. Isle chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
loved reading it :)
SlugHunter chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
:D that was good! i liked it :D

uhm just personal preference but since its a one shot, listing descriptions such as the precious stones and such work well as a one off sorta thing, you then listed the plants aswell so it just seemed a bit unoriginal i suppose...

also a lot of the stuff was told to the reader rather than shown, but i guess that did contribute to world building in a quicker way (although not sure if a whole world needed to be built if its only a oneshot)

but yeah it was cool, definately has intrigue :P

good work!
Midnight113 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
That was great, I really enjoyed it! Well done.
Hiddengirl10 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
One of my favorite short stories. I just keep reading this story. I think its my 10th time reading this. I love it! Its put together so well to be such a short piece, but it keeps my interest the whole time! Amazing story.
66 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »