Reviews for After The Rain Has Fallen
gnominator chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
WOW!

Aw I love reading your challenge responses. They are so creative and well written. You incorporate all of the required plots, lines, characters, objects etc so fluently and not just shoved in like many others do.

So id like to thank you for entertaining me this afternoon- and also for distracting me from my study- now I have to stay up and finish! :P

xx
lrstar123 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
aww. It's great that the thief allowed the princess to come with him in the end! Another great one-shot with truly unique characters. I love how the pet is a leopard cub! I want one. I think the best thing is that you managed to convey really effectively how the princess felt about her situation. It definitely helped me to emphasise with her which allowed me to become interested in the story. The only thing I'd maybe consider changing is the length of the introduction - perhaps maybe you could break it up with some dialogue? Otherwise, great work :)
Jade Windsor chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I love this so much! The detail was perfect-everything was outlined but it wasn't overbearing. The phrases/lines you chose from the song meshed well with the story itself. Great job!

-Jay
joyfulangel28 chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I so wish this was not a oneshot! (I want to know what happens next haha) This story was amazing; both your writing and your plot! I loved it… especially how the princess wasn’t exactly what the thief expected; they really are such a perfect match for each other. Even though it has an M rating, that scene wasn’t overdone – it was perfect )
un chien andalusia chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
i've only read guy gavriel kay's 'the lions of al-rassan' but something of your story reminds me of its atmosphere. exotic yet familiar.

anyhoo, this is a fascinating premise. something to explore at a later date?

btw, have you shopped 'ghost stone' to publishers? it's very well written - the chapters i'd read before they were moved.
Kajal chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
That was amazing! I absolutely adore your writing style. What you came up with for the challenge and how you incorporated everything was very creative. I wish you had turned it into a longer story because as you said, it has so much potential.
Chocorange888 chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
There's an amazing amount of depth for a one shot here. I liked their characters, thank you.
BlueRoseParamour chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Oh, this is brilliant. Please continue writing your stories and please get published one day soon. The world lacks fantastic literature, which you most certainly have. x
E. M. Isle chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
loved reading it :)
SlugHunter chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
:D that was good! i liked it :D

uhm just personal preference but since its a one shot, listing descriptions such as the precious stones and such work well as a one off sorta thing, you then listed the plants aswell so it just seemed a bit unoriginal i suppose...

also a lot of the stuff was told to the reader rather than shown, but i guess that did contribute to world building in a quicker way (although not sure if a whole world needed to be built if its only a oneshot)

but yeah it was cool, definately has intrigue :P

good work!
Midnight113 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
That was great, I really enjoyed it! Well done.
Hiddengirl10 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
One of my favorite short stories. I just keep reading this story. I think its my 10th time reading this. I love it! Its put together so well to be such a short piece, but it keeps my interest the whole time! Amazing story.
shutterbaby chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I know this is old but wow, it's great...very creative. I'm definitely impressed by the way you worked in the lyrics and by the fact that it's a legitimately good story, because some challenge responses feel sort of like reading a checklist.
ess3sandra chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
aha, reading the footnotes i got it. i would say, give us another oneshot!
fan chapter 1 . 1/14/2010