Reviews for Chateau Tisane
Written chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
awesome story! I'll be back to read more, but I was baking and ran out of eggs, so I have to make a quick run to the store. very clever!
Brackets chapter 33 . 9/18/2008
I loved Luis's character the most- he has an amazing personality with lots of quirky traits I can't help but love...

Characterisation is truly your strongest skill, and it's worked very well to make for a brilliant read. The little details you include for each character make them really come to life.

I'll be forever reminded of your story whenever I drink any tea, that's for certain!

-Brackets
MaxindorPepper chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I got a kick out of just the summary. This is truly funny. I love it.
asylum writer chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
I like the character of Luis. He's not the typical old wizard type, so it's a nice break from the overused.

There's some great witty humor in here. I love “No, impossible would be plaid.” Again, it's different from a lot of things you see everywhere.

I'm interested and definitely looking forward to more!

From the Review Marathon - check out the link in my profile.
FireInsideMyself chapter 33 . 8/15/2008
wow. this is an amazing story and im glad i had the chance to read it. I loved your characterization especially!-Salem
FireInsideMyself chapter 22 . 8/13/2008
This is really good and i can tell ur defnitely a tea expert...-Salem
FireInsideMyself chapter 16 . 8/13/2008
it's good that simon is now living with luis though I do hope luis is slightly less trivky with simon then vincent.-Salem
Violent Messiah chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I'm normally not all that big on fantasy, but this was pretty good. I think I liked it more then most fantasy I've read because of the dialog. It was smooth, flowed well, and didn't have that flowery, heavy tone to it, which I appreciate.

I also like Luis' character, not your typical fantasy magic user, in fact a bit modern seeming. Maybe that's why the character appeals to me.

Other then a couple of spelling errors, it was a pretty good intro chapter that set the tone for the story. I think I shall keep an eye on this story for when I want a break from some of the darker stuff I write and read. Nice job. Thanks for coming to The Road House...Cheers!
CaroSimmy chapter 33 . 8/1/2008
Wow, I loved the ending, it's great!

This whole story was great in general, really original.

My favorite character was Phillipe, he seemed the most human and was also very comical. Thanks for writing this and giving me the enjoyment of reading this. (wow, that sounds corny, but it's true!)
satc chapter 33 . 7/31/2008
this was a lovely story...if only it didn't have to end!

you should do a sequel...yes you should...maybe...?

can't say there is a specific favorite character, though i do wonder how Luis would do if he was ever forced to attend an aa meeting...

just a random thought
ib-insane chapter 33 . 7/30/2008
that was an amzing story, and my favorite character is Luis
Kgbwriter chapter 33 . 7/30/2008
Hm Vincent was probably my favorite just because he's always freaking out. You'd think he'd chill after a few years with Luis but he's still just as crazy hahaha.

I really enjoyed the story. I think there should be a sequel. If there ever is make sure you message me about it, I will be on the spot immediately to read the next chronicle of Luis Hyde.
Steben chapter 31 . 7/25/2008
Your speed is impressive, not even two months and you're already at eighty thousand. It may have been a long read, but it definitely wasn't boring.

Vincient fighting? That's a new one...can't wait to see the next update.
rockonztar chapter 31 . 7/25/2008
Hm... I'm very curious to find out why Luis wants to pack up and leave so suddenly. Or maybe he already has a plan all figured out?

Anyway, enough of my personal thoughts. I have really had the pleasure of reading your story so far. There were definitely a lot of scenes where I found myself laughing, and in my opinion it takes a lot of talent to actually make people laugh through writing.

Though, there seems to be this common mistake you keep using. Whenever you write something that is in Luis' possession you write Luis's. Just that you know, when a person's name ends with an s all you have to do is add an apostrophe at the end of the name. Therefore you should be writing Luis' instead of Luis's. Other than that I didn't find too many grammatical errors.

Also, near the end of this chapter you wrote: On one hand, Luis seemed to be abandoning his home town, but on the other, where else could he go?... Isn't a home town where you were born and raised? I thought Luis moved to this town along with Chateau Tisane, so that wouldn't make it his home town. I was just wondering about that...

Good job so far. I like Issac being introduced to the story, now there seems to be an actual plot. I still adore Luis' character. He cracks me up.

Anyway, I will anticipate the next chapter of your story. By the way, thank God you're the type of person who updates regularly. I just can't stand waiting for weeks on end for a new chapter to come ;).
K. Mika chapter 6 . 7/18/2008
This chapter in particular amused me; I absolutely love their dialogue. Their characteristics, their personality, those little actions like Luis hiding stuff behind his back- they're just pure awesome. I'm very much enjoying reading this story.
41 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »