Reviews for For Better or For Worse
moongazer7 chapter 2 . 9/12/2008
I have to relate very much so. That’s about how I felt. I really liked it.
gigglebug chapter 2 . 9/12/2008
Hey, congrats! Glad to hear you're awesome. xD

Break a leg! Or, maybe a tooth? lol.
fallenangel417 chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
So you just basically summed up all the mixed emotions i had after i finished the hp series, after seeing just about every significant figure in harry's life die, as i closed the book with ambivalent feelings.

im also a sucker for titles

i loved how the last thing you said and your title matched

that might just be me though

all in all, i loved it. :]
average.snarker chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I think you just defined my childhood right there O_o

It was lovely, and well written. I was actually sad when I finished the last book within a day after it came out, now I'm reading it one chapter a night, like when I was five again.

Cynically Yours,

T.F.O.

The Furtive Oubliette
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
I think fp messed up and repeated your title twice in the beginning.

In the beginning you use bat mitzvah's and confirmation ceremonies as coming of age things, but those seem more like religious things. Maybe something about a sweet 16? Just to keep it more about coming of age and less about religion.

"when I finished Half-Blood Prince in a matter of hours." that sounds a bit like bragging, just to me. I hated ppl who were like well I finished the book in 4 hours... I wanted to smack them... lol. That might just be me though.

I love the line about braving things without grace because it's a great description and so very true.

I liked it. I think it was a really interesting comparison. I kinda wish you told us what the essay contest was though, it might help with giving feedback.

PS. If you're bored check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (link in my profile)
Liebe Dance chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
First off, I feel like this is something that SO many people in our generation can relate to. When I first started reading the books, I was 11 and I finished them when I was 17.

I feel like you could draw some more parallels between your life and Harry's. Maybe give more concrete examples, like the one about the 8th grade formal & the yule ball. Also, I'd cut the line "faced his demons" as that's slightly cliche. The idea is right though, so maybe find a more harry-potter-esq way of saying it? Maybe Dark Wizards or Death Eaters or something like that? I'm not sure.

500 words is short, but you did a good job at conveying something with so few words. Way to go. Harry Potter rocks