Reviews for The Divorce
redinthesky chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
damn girl...just...wow...

I'm in awe.

Amazing structure, imagery, language, and theme. You nailed this one on the head. It's so amazing for me to read something and realize that I feel exactly the same way, I just never knew how to put it so poetically

Great Job
AlbanianAtHeart chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
This was a great piece of work. It is so saddening that this is becoming more and more common. Awesome sentence structure.
Maziana chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Wow. I love the internal rhymes. It gives it a nice rhythm. It is also the most interesting long poem I have read in a while - usually I get really bored with them, but this is very unexpected at points, and quite engaging. Awesome!
SirScott chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Good poem about what our society has been reduced to. Hopefully someday things will get better.

SirScott
Arcane Hero chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
At first I didn't know if I would be able to read this. Not saying anything about your writing, I have a short attention span and comprehension issues on most days. (That's why everything I write is so short.)

I have to say though, you write beautifully! It didn't take me more than the first line to get into it, and the flow of it was amazing.
the face in the window chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
why are you such a good writer? like, honestly, tell me your secrets. amazing job as per usual.

rowan.
Raistlin Majere chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
I enjoy your offset syncopation; the rhyming brings to mind Escher illusions, simultaneous but different. "Humanity" rhyming with "insanity" is O.K. but very contrived. The fourth stanza is best. "Emotional kitchen"... I'll have to remember that.

You should have made it longer. This is, what... hardly 700 words? 738? Surely, you couldn't have made it 800? A shame.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
this was a wonderful comment on society.