Reviews for Writer's Block
Cheyenne has a new profile chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
haha.

it was cute.

i can't write poetry worth crap.

J. Kim chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
I must say, your first poem sure beats mine.

Haha, mine was about Turtles or whatever (:

It was really cute, and I liked your rhyme scheme,

it's pretty cool how you kept the stressing of the beats in an easy way to read.

Just an idea for your next poem, maybe you should not try to be so repetitive.

Just a thought!

But good job overall!
Audy chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Basically all you are telling us is that you have writer's block and know this poem sucks but decided to post it on here anyway.

"Even random-er than you"

I find that line highly offensive, though probably true. I am pretty random xP But seriously, why call out your readers? Just so you can force a rhyme?

Anyways, this was okay for your first poem if my assumption is correct. It details exactly what some people do when they post things on this site.

Overall not very effective, but for a poem like this, not /horrible/. If you are seriously looking to improve this piece (and not just posting it 'just because' as your poem highlights) then I would start over, as it is sounding lyrical, which doesn't encompass the idea or frustration of what writer's block really is. Look at the user -insertsomethinguniquehere-'s poem of a similar name, and you can see how they managed to really capture the whole idea and premise of writer's block in such few words, whereas you have double the amount of words and no concept of an idea at all.

My advice to you: read some poetry. Read some Frost, Hemingway, or Poe. Poetry isn't just about rhyming, you know.

Audrey
icaughtfiree chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Nice poem. I really like it!
lymli chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
I guess they're things the most writers do..