Reviews for Mortal Heart Volume I: Above
afternoonxteax chapter 32 . 12/5/2017
Hi, so I've been reading this story for the past I don't even know how many years. But it's one of the most beautifully written and magical stories I've ever read. I read it once a year in the fall and it gets better every time. I hope everything is going well with you - and just know you have a forever fan here!
NatureSpirit chapter 3 . 6/30/2016
Very nice editing, I was a big fan of this story when I first discovered it few years ago. And is still one of my top favorite stories on fiction websites. I really am enjoying the re-editing you've done and look forward to see the re-edits of the other chapters. Excellent work, keep it up. I must look into the other stories sometime (I apologize i haven't had the chance in the past, this story amazed me too much haha, and reading plenty of other stories and books keeps you busy) anyway you a brilliant writer and I wish you luck on the rest of this series and others.
somersaultkick chapter 32 . 11/29/2015
Your story is full of emotion. It is also full of sincerity, which is what I certainly adore here.
Julia chapter 2 . 9/8/2015
You drew me into your story right from the getgo, and so far it's amazing! Please get this to a publisher, I will definitely buy your book!
Julia chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
Excellent so far and I'm not even into the first chapter! Great writing. :)
Anne L chapter 32 . 5/12/2014
.God.
I've never read something with so much fun. Ok, I have (I will not lie, it's a sin) but ugh, I just love the way you write! -fangirl squeal- you play with words in such a way... And you describe emotions and feelings of characters every paragraph.. It's interesting. I wish I could write like you (or any other good writer) but I can barely write an essay (ok, that's so not true! Just my angst speaking)
I've noticed that sometimes you don't put space between some words... But that's okay 'cause your writing is just sooooo amazing! (too much praising)
through out the story I felt that Lilith and Azrael were feeling the same emotion but in a different way.. Maybe that's just me, I'm weird like that.
My favourite character was Beel his Casanova personality was soooo entertainting and amusing. Gosh, I love him! -love struck smile-
there were times (I think I should admit, you deserve an honest review) when I found Azrael to be.. Whining? Not that's not the right word.. But like weak and too much dependant on Lilth but it was only in the first few chapters so It doesn't matter.
Now, when I'll get some free time (and I hope that happens soon) I will definately read the next volume. Hope to see more stories from you in future!
-Anne L
Anne L chapter 17 . 5/11/2014
My most favourite part in this story was when he asked for her honesty. It was such a simple request yet important in a relationship.
-Anne L
lovingeditor24 chapter 32 . 1/28/2014
I just finished reading your entire story thus far. I started reading it at 10pm last night. Amazing is the only word I find that describes your writing. I was and am completely captivated by your writing. You are an exceptional writer. Keep up the splendid work. Can't wait for more.
Ritalyna chapter 40 . 4/5/2013
Worth the reading. Took me a little over a month to finish it but loved every single part of it. You are a great author and brought to life some realistic characters. So in the future expect me to read next volume :P
xxjoceyuxx chapter 40 . 4/4/2013
I feel like its been a while since I've truly fell in love with a story here fiction press. I've read a lot of stories that I like but this one I've fallen in love with.
It's so well written and all the details and imagery adds to it's amazing-ness. I should start studying for my APs but all this week I've spent every spare moment reading this story.
I'm so excited to start the second book. What I love about this story is that even though its centered around this love story there are so many other elements that make transcend typical love stories
And I really felt the emotions in this story. I know I love a story when I can physically feel the heartbreak or pain, and this story made me feel
Okay I'm going to stop gushing now and start reading the second book!
Guest chapter 40 . 3/12/2013
I happened across this story 4 days ago, and have not been able to stop reading! Your writing is so descriptive, emotional, and fluid that sometimes I forget that I'm reading a fictional story! This is some of the best writing I have ever come across. I especially love the recommended listening for each chapter too! :) I am moving onto Volume II now, and sincerely hoping that the chapters all come swiftly so I don't have to wait!
afternoonxteax chapter 37 . 2/26/2013
So I've read this story about 5 times, and every time I love it a little more! I always find new details - you are incredible keep up the good work!
casper2010 chapter 45 . 1/19/2013
I just found this story a few days ago and I've been reading I non-stop ever since! I absolutely love the way you write, it's so descriptive and you create wonderful characters! I really enjoyed every chapter! I'll have to get started on the second book now, but keep up the good work!
AsianFlipGurl chapter 45 . 10/7/2012
I'm really lost for words.

I had not experienced this fluidity of writing in a fictionpress story in quite some time, and I'm glad SKOW led me to this wonderful story. I had not experienced the type of jaw-dropping, butterflies in my stomach type of writing ever; I had felt the emotions that Lilith and Azrael felt. I have to admit, Lilith annoyed me for some time during the first several chapters, but it fits her character, and I was not whining when she opened her heart to Azrael. I love Azrael. No doubt. I mean, who wouldn't? (: And Beelzebub is definitely my favorite. I love his character in Good Omens (by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen; such an amazing humorous read) and I love his depiction even moreso in this piece. Now that I think about it, Good Omens and Mortal Heart have taken a different view on religion and created something great.

Thanks for such an amazing story, and I will definitely be following you into the next few volumes of Mortal Heart.
A delfi chapter 31 . 8/2/2012
I was originally intending to leave a review at the end of the story but found myself unable to contain my self.
Wow . Simply breath taking, from the story plot ( and I have to tell you I'm quiet well read so dont find many plots twists shocking but killing of the main hero! The look On my face when I read with disbelief, sounding like a crazy, screaming what? Noooooo! You can't do that? are even allowed to do that! At my phone, haha needless to say everyone thinks Iv lost my marble now lol) The characterisation was fabulous and wonderfully consistent, ( i never thought that Lilith came across as bipolar) It was so refreshing to see such an honest and realistic way to portray her feelings considering her past, but what I praise you for above all else is the wonderful way you nurtured the romance to grow believably, I come across So many stories of the genre where the hero and heroine fall in love practically overnight with no logical reason as to why. your wonderfully eloquent writing style is wonderful, I quiet literally couldn't stop reading this story the first time I came across it ( which was during exam season and very nearly failed had i not forced my self to stop half way haha talk about the utmost of self control :) but even rereading the first half again didn't dim from the Beauty in the way it's so wonderfully put together so well done !
Anyways I'm going to cut my ramblings short, and say thank you for sharing! And what a fantastic job you've done, oh and keep writing pleas! :D
489 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »