Reviews for A Hell of a Town
Removed01 chapter 20 . 12/14/2008
Funny, I clicked on the Go button without seeing that the layout changed. Now your story is on my faves; work hard to make it stay there :P

Iron the kinks huh? I'd like to see her try. Please do.

No machine is ever perfect, human body included. Here in the Engineering world we have two terms, efficiency and efficacy. Not the same, you need the efficiency to calculate the efficacy. Anyway, there is something called efficiency of Carnot, Carnot being the name of the dude who made the theoretical perfect thermodynamic cycle. PERFECT cycle doesn't reach 100% efficiency. The real cycles normally don't reach half the efficiency of Carnot (despite all the thought and calcs put in them). Now that's all human stuff, but it sadly is applied as well for the human body cos... guess what? There's a thermodynamic property that works its crazy magic in everything (and thoroughly fucks up the cycles) called Entropy. HAPPENS IN HUMANS TOO! And the Universe, and philosophy... It's the human proof that nothing is perfect even when made to be perfect (after all, God is perfect and He made us).

Even she is not perfect; she's fucked in the head.

Moving on.

Idiot things only I point out: Fifteen minutes to cross half the city?

Poor little Deckstah, minding his choice words. There may be a point, not every girl is like me.

HAHA! Cute. Now Sarah will think of Deckstah's mangled face.

Merecedes... I hope she at least becomes a kick ass traitor. She judges because she fancies herself not a sinner, a true believer. A complete idiot.

Tylenol knows how to pick them pawns, huh? Yet she doesn't know so many other things... Four year old was she? How could they break HER rules huh? Does she know how bad coffee can be? HUH? Hypocrite.

AHAHAHAHAHA! Deckstah happens to be Juliette's type of man! Hyena laughter there. Worst date ever, Deckstah, and you didn't even get to see why it was ruined for. Wana grab the crazy chick in the meantime?

All hail the evilness of them writers and their cliffhangers. I caught sight of some repetitive phrases near the end, but I guess that's just me being too picky. Cheers for the German blondie I'm drinking!

Best Wishes from AG
VelvetyCheerio chapter 15 . 12/14/2008
Wow, Sarah was talking to her guardian spirit. What a terrible past Zatailah had, though, she's not all that evil, just really sad.

I can kind of see why she's angry with the world though, having everyone so terrified of her, all the other demons, how she unmade so many of them and devoured them. An unfortunate way to be.

Excellent chapter, I loved it. The connection between minds was rather entertaining. I can't wait to see that come into play, along with Tydannoth's plan.

By the way, her appearance when she's, uh, angry? hungry?, it's very frightening. Juliette's lucky she's never seen that form of her "guardian angel".

VelvetyCheerio chapter 14 . 12/12/2008
Yup, my feelings on Tydannoth still stand firm, especially if she's going to kill that mugger guy. I mean, what does she need to do that for? Crazy.

Although, her history was very sad, I'll give her that much. To have lost her love in a war and then been lied to. Tsk, tsk! And by Curiel, no less! The very demon who gave Tiff the power to know everything. Is that a lie, too? Hm!

It's just so much to take in right now, so I must be off, but don't worry. I'll be back with the morning and see to it that I finish.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 13 . 12/12/2008
Oh, shiznits. This chapter, out of all the other chapters, should be awarded the title of best freakin' chapter ever. Are there words for it? Maybe.

Oh my God! What happened to Tydannoth? Why was her mind all confuzzled when she woke up? Must be one of the effects to sleeping while in a human's body. And then she has to be all emotional by asking emotional questions. No. Her regret will not sway my opinion on her. ):

As for Mercedes and her awesome gift of sight! Complete awesomeness! Oh, what is she going to tell Tydannoth? Why couldn't Tyler, a demon! I thought he was an angel!, see that she was marked by Tydannoth?

It's mystery all over the place and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 12 . 12/12/2008
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! She is complete and utter and terrible EVIL. (runs around screaming in triumph) But now I must ask, what happens next?

In the situation that the Fall was presented in, who are the real good guys and bad guys? Is it the demons in disguise who merely want humans to not be subject to the rule of a God who wanted them to be "talking parrots"? Or is the angels with dark hearts who we have yet to see?

Is there going to be a big war between angels and demons? You know, your story makes me think, but it will not have my beliefs! Ever! But it does make me think. :D

Excellent chapter. What exactly was that thing that Tydannoth was working on anyway? Some sort of thing that will help her get back her eternal love or something? Hmm.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 11 . 12/12/2008
Aha! Sarah's been taken over by the Mistress of Silence, Zatailah! And the only way this Mistress can reveal herself is through the medium of writing.

Clever, Mister Black, very clever. Hmm, but this Zatailah seems to be a dangerous demon who doesn't like to be confused with an angel or called a psycho. Wow, talk about a complex.

It was also nice to hear Dexter's past, sad though it was. Is Sarah going to recruit him in her onslaught of those who hurt her? That would be interesting.

I must find out what happens next, as the story gets more and more intriguing.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 10 . 12/12/2008
Who said that? Something weird is going on. Did Tydannoth get to Sarah as well? Or was it an angel of darkness that also escaped from Hell?

Intrigue alight! I feel so pumped up right now, especially after reading the rugby match. Oh, I wish Sarah would have asked how she had survived! I would have loved to know. Perhaps the next chapter will have more to tell.

This story just gets better and better and the thought of something "important" coming along gets me all fired up!

VelvetyCheerio chapter 9 . 12/12/2008
Hello once again! Amazing chapter, I was sort of confused when Larisa took Juliette to the boxing arena place. I was like, you can't find blind people there! Brain dead, maybe, but definitely not blind.

Then, there was Mercedes, who had just about given up on God and along comes big, bad Tydannoth with her psuedo smile and I-art-holier-than-thou complex, to wisk her away and throw her into the evil! Gr. And what was with the Jesus freak reference? I didn't understand that interaction between Larisa and Juliette. Like, I didn't understand why Julie asked the question she did.

Anyway, how could an "angel" not have met the son of God? Smells fishy to me. On to the next chapter to see what becomes of Mercedes and if she'll take another breath.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 8 . 12/11/2008
Okay, that was amazing. I was a little surprised to find out that Tyler was an angel, which makes me realize that all angel names end in "el" wherein Tydannoth's does not!

Also, I put the equation Tyler and Tiff were talking about in my calculator, when it was simplified of course, and it worked. Are you a math major or something, studying all that engineering stuff, cause I was lost at velocity. XD

Hah, and I knew people couldn't be that smart. Tiff was cheating. She shouldn't have the power of all knowing-ness. That's not fair at all.

Hmm, the black wings were intriguing and I can't wait to find out more on them, but for today, I must retire. I will return later on to find out more.

This story is definitely epic. I can't wait for the sequels! Great job.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 7 . 12/11/2008
Oh yeah, Tydannoth is evil. I don't like her idea of cutting to abate fears. It makes me angry. And then her indifference to the man getting an ECT, when she claimed to love all humans! I don't care what she's experiencing right, she deserves no sympathy if any should come to her.

Okay, I'm gonna stop being angry, but I must find out what happens next. Excellent work!

VelvetyCheerio chapter 6 . 12/11/2008
This chapter was little dry, not much happened, but the prospect of fighting? Ooh, there's a real treat. Sucks to Dexter that he has to pay so much. Although, I thought he was a national rugby player? Or does he just play for fun? Hmm.

He works a day job, how drab. ;P It was an okay chapter, though. It sets up for more important things (such as fighting) along the way.

Can't wait to see some fight action.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 5 . 12/11/2008
Tydannoth is complete and utter evil. I could just feel it tingling at the bottom of my spine, telling me she was evil. She's not out to "save" anyone. She's a demon from Hell who killed her host's husband, stole the belief of a girl on the brink of death, and then lied to her!

Aah! I can't believe. I can not believe any of this! You're story won't steal my belief! JK! XD The whole creation thing was very interesting though. I enjoyed it. In a way, it made sense to me.

I must find out more. Great chapter, it was amazing.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 4 . 12/11/2008
Er, I'll log in later. Anyway, awesome chapter. I can't believe Dexter was going to jail for something as simple as that. Oh well. It's the law. ):

Hmm, now that I think about it, what is Juliette's real purpose? Did she bring that flower with her? As for her apparel, well. She needs a whole new wardrobe. XD And poor Ginger, getting her tail smashed! Then again, that dog needs a good grooming session, too.

The next chapter sounds frghtfully exciting. I'll see to it, then.

Velvety.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/11/2008
Okay, I know that flower has some significance if it managed to come back to life like that.

Oh, and the description of Larisa in angel form sent shivers down my spine. It was amazing. Although, is Tydannoth an angel in disguise or what? Cause she came from Hell, right? So she must be complete evil! Aah! There's a mystery growing in here already and when it rears its ugly, it's going to be a big one!

I can't wait to read the next chapter. :) Oh, and why was Dexter getting handcuffed and the likes? Gotta find out.

Velvety.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 2 . 12/11/2008
Whoa, that was a complete shocker. I wasn't expecting that last part. What was with the 'vampire' guy? Who was he and where did he come from?

I didn't quite get the joke about Queensland, but I like Michael. Everyone loves the Aussie! ;D I was about to point out "claret" but then I looked it up on the dictionary and found it was a word. My vocab has officially been expanded.

Great chapter! I'll be off to the next to figure out how things go for Sarah and Dexter.

VelvetyCheerio.