Reviews for A Hell of a Town
Removed01 chapter 11 . 9/7/2008
Lol, how true that is. Completely healthy and clean food tastes like paper, but go to a proper neighbourhood, middle of nowhere restaurant and you'll taste the best food of your life (and strengthen your immune system in the process; all gains).

You'll allow me to correct this, right?

“Buenos noches…quiero una plata de carne asada, sin queso y sin guacamole. Tambien, esta possiple para usted dime doble arroz y sin frijoles?”

Cos it says a lot of... Yeah well... It should be:

"Buenas noches. Quiero un plato de carne asada, sin queso y sin guacamole. ¿Es posible también que me de una ración doble de arroz sin frijoles?"

Also:

“Quiero una burrito pollo con guacamole y pico de gallo, y una Sprite poquito.”

“No problema, doce setenta ocho.”

It should be:

"Quiero un burrito de pollo con guacamole y pico de gallo, y una Sprite pequeña."

"No hay problema. Son doce sesenta y ocho."

Unless it's meant to be that way? It wouldn't be too normal for a gringo to know perfect Spanish. Or would it? You tell me.

Aw, Deckstah... Eating away like a dog while Sarah's not even opened her food. Yikes, she's pretty dense. Never heard of the word tact. Even worse than me.

Is that true? In that case Ireland's a grand sized cementery cos there's no greener grass than that there (not that I've seen on the tv, anyway. Sigh.)

Oh. Okay that "story" has thrown my first (unmatured) theory out the window. Me gots a new one now. She tells it like she was there, huh... Huuhh... USSR sickles, huh...

Best Wishes from AG

PD: Deckstah equals Kirby.
Removed01 chapter 10 . 9/7/2008
Aw. That was cute. Very manga-esque. But they won, most of the times in managas the good guys lose. That White Army thing... I got a wacky theory already, lemme mature it a bit till I can share it. What's the difference between rugby and american football? Leaving the pads aside.

So Tiffany made some good points about the oddity of Sarah surviving that ordeal. Methinks Sarah just thinks she's lucky (that is, that she doesn't consciously know something's up). I'm still wondering if it was a vampy... That'd be wicked oO

Go Deckstah!

Best Wishes from Me
Removed01 chapter 9 . 9/7/2008
I'd smack my forehead but I don't wanna ruin my birthday hat (it's a Jamiroquai type, very funky).

Juliette's proving to be a great pawn, blind as hell but providing some good ideas. Just a piece of advice for her, being a warrior ain't all that easy. MWAHA-

Imma cut it there. You know, blind people can develop some pretty crazy abilities and do some things that people wouldn't possibly imagine they could do.

Tylenol sure has her own definition of humour, doesn't she?

GAH! Now I want to punch somebody. I just hope I'm not mistaken in my dislike for Tylenol. Flowers. Grr.

Stupid question of the day: wouldn't it be weird if more than one miracle happened in the same hospital in a relatively short span of time? At least she screws up with the security cameras first.

Removed01 chapter 8 . 9/7/2008
Cute. AG got the explanation without getting the link. AG has not studied Einstein's gig, but that was one hell of a cool explanation. It might've also helped that I've gone through harder shit (not to brag... fine, lemme brag, it's the only thing that can make me feel remotely good after being butchered in my career).

The 1/(xsquared) graphic is a type of signal to excite systems, ya know. It's called Ramp... in the Transformed of Laplace.

Well, I'm no NASA material but isn't the mass the same but what changes is the weight?

Dammit hold on, my birthday piece of cake just fell.

So this new character Tyler is an angel, huh... Oi oi, Tiffany has a gift given by Curiel/Tyler. How very curious! Reminds me of a little something. This is very interesting; either Sarah is not what she seems or that thing that attacked her did something to her. Not only am I wondering whom the good and bad guys are, but also who is the true leading character.

Blah, I'll not over-talk, just read.

Removed01 chapter 7 . 9/7/2008
Yikes, for a pseudo-mother Larisa/Tylenol does give some crappy advices (cut yourself?). Although I see her point. Cutters philosophy applied to someone who can heal without hindrance.

Damn, there's this great scale scheme Tylenol has, surely. She needs pawns and all.

Imma keep reading, but for some reason or the next I don't like these two.

Removed01 chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
You know, I heard that sleeping is the closest thing to be dead. It seems to me Sarah doesn't like being alive/awake, huh.

What's up with hospitals decoration? It's like they're preparing people already for the tomb with the blandness and emptiness... That or to not make them comfy enough to want to overstay their welcome.

TWENTY FIVE GRANDS FOR THAT! Holy crap, that must be the difference in your police force and ours. One of many at least.

I still think that female voice tlling Sarah to let her in is like a second Larisa. But maybe not a friend of hers, who knows.

It's getting closer to me making the official announcement that Dex is my fave character.

Removed01 chapter 5 . 9/7/2008
Here's the first (or was it third?) impression I've got from Tylenol. She freaks me out. However considering her part in creation I can't yet safely assume if she's this or that. But so far I'm thinking she's a wee bit bananas, she did end up in Hell and all. Must've done something to become a fallen angel... And then there's the "one" she loved, maybe it's his (her?) fault. Maybe she's out for revenge.

So she needs followers, and now she's got herself a pretty trusting one. I'm not sure if that's a good thing; I guess it's normal to believe in the one who saved your ass out of a sure death, but after hearing the imperative "need for believe" you oughtta start wondering what you're getting youself into. I even thought it twice when I enrolled in an English course!

But that's just me.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be fixed on this believing part of the bargain. Bear with me.

So there was clearly some explanation going on; "Larissa" successfully bought her first fan. It was very clear she was leaving out the good stuff. Damned my curiosity. I think you could've put a bitmore of description in this (though I know it was a dialogue based chapter) cos I forgot about the pizza quicker than Juliette did.

Moving forth!

Lana Sky chapter 17 . 9/6/2008
Wow. Juliette seems to be getting a little ego now isn't she? And just a tad bit dangerous.

For some reason, Sarah seems creepy and Dexter...seems like the average joe we just have to love. :D

Whats in store?

I can't wait to find out. :D

~nicola~
GrannyP chapter 17 . 9/5/2008
Okay, so my brain actually started working a little bit while I was reading this chapter. But just a little bit. Anyway, I LOVE the whole concept of the Zatailah thingy (though I don't really know the correct term to call it; you've said it before, but I'm not thinking in that direction right now) inhabiting Sarah's body with her still in there as well. It's like having schizophrenia, but, you know, more interesting.

And I like how she calls Dexter the White Knight. It's so cute!

Also, the peculiar habit of bachelor's not putting away their clean clothes is not unique to bachelors. Married guys do it also, to the point that it annoys their wives when they go to do some laundry and SOMEONE hasn't put away the clothes that are still in the dryer... hmm.. some body is bitter. Perhaps I should work on that. Oh, whatever, we all have our pet peeves. This is mine.

Well, I beat you with the update this time! Did you notice that? Haha! Kidding. Anyway, very good chapter. Keep on writing!
Removed01 chapter 4 . 8/30/2008
In non Disney situations mostly the good guy is the one who gets killed first, giving the attacked the chance to a) Take advatage of the distraction to 1) Run or 2) Attack back, or b) Miss the chance and get fucked too. Thankfully Dex-man managed to play the hero part well, but he got arrested! What the hell messed up system is that? Coppers... Shoot first and find out later, you know.

Dex is a goodie two shoes with a macho act. I'm finding him cute.

But you know, he had in his favour the witnesses at the pub who saw him drink. He could later make up the story that he was a bit tipsy... though that'd present the problem of the drinking and driving, but that's far less money to pay for getting out of jail than attempt of rape and, or murder, I think. I don't watch criminal shows... And at any rate our laws are different (and wackier).

Btw, useless input here, the smart glasses thing, that's bs. I wear glasses so I can tell :P

Back to what matters.

I got a feeling that if Juliette lets that flower die the same will happen to her. Also there's this hunch that Juliette doesn't know what she's getting herself into while everything seems to be going smoothly for Tydanol.

You've poised this interesting plot question so far, who is the good guy and the bad one? Are there good or bad guys?

Ah, it's intriguing what was said in the last chap (I think) that the body keeps the memories. Some religious say it's the soul that stores them, scientists, well, the obvious. You used the latter in the first's context (like back to school, coming up with a theory mixing God's creation with the Darwinist evolution, inswert swirling eyes).

Removed01 chapter 3 . 8/30/2008
How very interesting. It was easy to figure that this fillie (Tydannoth) had gotten over Larisa's body in a fashion like that (details excluded), but considering she came straight from Hell my guess was that she was a demon, but she's an angel... A fallen angel? Now I'm making theories. Lets see how parallel our worlds are, Mistah B.

Well, my angels don't got four arms though. I'm interested in knowing why yours do.

Eheh, I had kinda read Tydanol.

So here is were the first signs of intertwining paths. Larisa/Tydannoth meeting in the elevator. Elevators are fun. But setting that aside it is very unfortunate that Dex is being arrested for something he didn't do, but his reaction to the problem goes to show you what kind of person he is. What would you have done? Would you have let the damsel in distress to keep being distressed? I don't know what I would have done, nuns school or not I'm not very generous.

Truly the story is about the character reactions. I'm liking that.

Best Wishes from AG

PD: Hope you don't mind my nick naming everything (some ppl do), but that's a natural for me.
Removed01 chapter 2 . 8/30/2008
Mistah Bee!

For some reason I skipped over to your last update and you said your readers are all insane. Lol! Then what can be said about the writer? :P

Holy hell! That was way too funny (talkin' 'bout the need for animosity explanation). I just can't help but wonder if some reader really gasped and said, Mommy! This guy said a bad word! Nah... Swearing is in, right now. Mr. Batman, I love your dude to dude interactions (are they real life based?) which simply can't miss having the presence of alcohol. 'Cause no mattah what ppl say, a guy who can't drink ain't one. Righto?

Now I'm just aniticipating the arrival of the Supernatural... You're trying to mislead us.

Ah hah! There it came, and action packed! That was good (insert many o's).

I learnt soething new (The Rule of Threes). There's this song, you know, it says Three is a Magic Number.

Oh. That was NICE. Dex had the hardest night of his life (possibly), and here I am like a good sadistic enjoying it. Kinda feel like giggling.

AWESOME JOB!

Me getting curious.

Twilight Starr chapter 8 . 8/24/2008
This chapter was intriguing. The banter between friends was cute and humorous. Nice work.

Twilight Starr chapter 7 . 8/24/2008
It was an interesting chapter. I think this cutting thing is going to prove problematic, but I'm intrigued and shall continue to read.

Twilight Starr chapter 6 . 8/24/2008