Reviews for A Hell of a Town
GrannyP chapter 13 . 7/29/2008
Whoa.. very... intense! (I almost used the word creepy, but then I stopped myself). The whole deal with Larisa's husband finally came up. I hope that she has some really awesome way of dealing with it, being an angel/demon and all.

Have I mentioned before that I like Sarah? Well, I do. Her conversations with Tiffany seem so realistic. I can actually picture me and one of my relatives (oddly, who is also named Tiffany but with a completely freaky spelling that I'm not even going to type here) having a very similar conversation. And I think that Tiffany's gift is pretty nice. I would love to have that one for myself.

Well, I can't wait to see where you take this. I'm interested in finding out what is up with Sarah. I'm terrible with predictions, like I said before (I think), so I won't even try.
GrannyP chapter 12 . 7/27/2008
Whoa... all very interesting... and very intense. I like the whole concept of angels and demons.

Sarah's situation intrigues me... I can't wait to figure out what's up with her. She seems like a unique situation for some reason. Larisa seemed to freak out a little bit there at the end, and things didn't go quite as smoothly as they had with Juliette. So yeah, creepy. I think I say the word creepy a lot... but I like creepy, so take it as a compliment.

I look forward to reading more!
GrannyP chapter 8 . 7/27/2008
Haha! "Whip it out!" Why can not I stop laughing at that? No idea... well, it's a funny joke.

Okay, so I was a little confused about the big math section... not because I didn't understand it. Surprisingly, I did, which is hard to believe because I often come across as a complete airhead (that's just my cover, sh). But I wasn't really sure what the purpose of it was in the story. Was it just to show how completely intelligent Tiffany is, or do I need to keep that specfic information in mind as I read the rest of it? Am I overanalyzing things? I can do that sometimes.

Okay.. so there are more of these "angels" out there giving people gifts. Hmm.. well, the connection is becoming much clearer now!
GrannyP chapter 7 . 7/27/2008
I love this advice in this chapter. I am sure that this is the advice she would give every teenager in the world. Perhaps that is exactly what has happened in this world... no, now I am just being ridiculous.

So Larisa still creeps me out, perhaps even more than before, and I like Dexter. The deal with the woman in the miniskirt was kind of awkward, so I wonder what that was all about...

Anyway, I plan to keep reading. As in, now.
GrannyP chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Okay... Larissa/Tydannoth is totally creepy. The lies she is telling have me intrigued. What's the REAL story here? And I'm still curious as to what was going on with Dexter/Sarah. This is all going to tie in together somehow and I have no clue how you are going to go about it. Okay, well obviously they are tied together with the hospital, but I'm talking more specifics here.

Okay, yes, I sound like a complete crazy person when I review, but that's just how I am.

Juliette might not care about the package anymore, but I sure do. What kind of evil items does she have in there? Maybe I am jumping to conclusions here, but Tydannoth is not right, I tell you!
GrannyP chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
I'm one of those people who has to review frequently or else I forget what I have done. So here we go, first two chapters.

The first was really creepy, in a sad kind of way. I can't believe she did that to herself! She must have really loved her husband. If my husband cheated on me, I would have injured him in ways that no male wants to think about... but she actually went after herself... so sad. But at least he got it in the end...

Now I am just trying to figure out how that fits in with the next chapter. It's probably going to be obvious soon, I'm sure, but I like how it isn't so obvious right now. Also, I know absolutely nothing about rugby, so I'm gaining some new knowledge here. Anyway, Dexter seems like a nice guy... helping out the lady being attacked by the creepy neck-bite guy.

Will read more... sometime...
Removed01 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Oouu... Suspense, eh?

Where to start, where to start (waggles fingers).

Is Larisa not going to really be Larisa anymore? I'm curious about how she's gonna get away with the murder. Maybe some Kirby-like power to suck the victims, who knows? The Human Larisa, anyhow, was quite the weak character- not in the way she was portrayed, but in what she based her choices. Killing herself because her hubby was cheating on her? (Eye twitches) What about all those patients that needed surgery? But well well, sometimes there are supernatural forces that move them to act some way and end in another (and I really can't talk about characters getting themselves killed for another).

It really is fun to start killing off characters, no?

I can't read any more yet, but I'm intrigued about how you're going to intertwine the two story lines and each one's characters together. That's a challenge.

Really good narrative, I think at some points you still need to add more to a thought process (for example, near the beginning I thought it was a bit abrupt how she went to thinking about her cheating husband, to the brain surgeries and then to the BIID). Yikes! That's one of the reasons why I didn't get into Med school, you gotta pretty much have nerves of steel to survive there.

So I was checking out some of your reviews (just cos you mentioned some people do and I got curious), and I'll have some tough competition to become the queen, huh?

I'll keep an eye; that way I'll be able to tell you my theories, mwahahaha!

Best Wishes from AG
Lana Sky chapter 12 . 7/18/2008
Interesting chapter, one thing though: Mercedes is annoying. I don't really like her that much, lol. But the girl does have guts! :)
Lana Sky chapter 11 . 7/14/2008
Wow, Tiffany is fast becoming my favorite character (next to Julliett and then Larisa...lol)

Very, very interesting chapter.

Katherine A. Rossetti chapter 10 . 7/13/2008
Okay, so I just finished reading all of the chapters you have up so far and I must say that I think you are an excellent writer. Really, I like every single one of your characters and I love how you really fleshed them out and gave them unique personalities. Right now, I'm really curious about what is going on with Sarah as well as the whole story is behind Tydannoth. Is she good, evil, both? Right now she seems pretty good even though in the first chapter she seemed evil. I don't know, I think she is using Juliette too. I could be wrong. Anyway, great job, keep up the good work and I will definitely be reading more of this the next time you update.
Katherine A. Rossetti chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Wow, I was going to read all the way through without reviewing till the end but this prologue was just way too good. Seriously, this first chapter was so many things: sad, creepy, intriguing etc.

Larisa seems like a very good, smart, hardworking, and focused person and then she gets betrayed by her husband, I felt so incredibly bad for her. I'm glad James was stabbed by whoever took over Larisa's body. I also really want to find out who is in her body and how they got there when she died.

Okay, so far this is excellent and now I'm going to go read some more.

-Katherine
Lana Sky chapter 10 . 7/10/2008
interesting. I can't wait to read the other half. :)

Lana Sky chapter 9 . 7/8/2008
Wow, that was interesting. Okay, I remember your request so one REAL review here coming up! ;)

Okay, from the other chapter: yes I got the feeling that Tyler was a know-it-all.

About Juliette:

Her and Larisa are my favorite characters they just have that cool connection (like, dare i say it? Batman and Robin...sort of).

I think the character is interesting because she had a hard life and shes trying to change it, through her "second chance"

I'm starting to think I can predict what she'll do, but I think just a little bit more situations of how she reacts in dangerous situations (someone attacking her, someone from her past, exct) would be needed to realy know what she'll do and where she stands. ;)

Her actions seem perfect for the situation.

As a character, I see her ending up as Larisa's perfect side-kick, in fact, from her, and Mercedes I think I'm getting a...oh, i don't know, Charlie's Angel type vibe, ya know?

So, with the seriousness aside (i hope that i answered your questions adequately) I can't wait to see what happens next!

Moni Jane chapter 8 . 7/7/2008
Oh! Things are getting so much more interesting now! I can't wait to read more about Sarah and Tiffany sounds cool too. Hope you update soon and may good writings continue to you! ~Moni Jane
Moni Jane chapter 7 . 7/7/2008
I loved the intervew scene! Well the cutting thing was a bit odd, but I suppose it was suppose to be that way. It's actually really ironic because I'm about to leave for an interview myself, hopefully I'm not as nervous as Juliette was! I'm really interested to see how Larisa and Juliette work together to "save" people.
237 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 Next »