Reviews for Away With Jenny Wren
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 10 . 10/24/2008
Well so erm... can this be called a filler? Anyway, good chapter as always here. The scenes here are very well described and I wonder what will you do next after the fluff scene.

"Wow, Mikey’s death has castrated me." That was one of the major lawls of your story. :D

And I did see some real screwed up body painting, huh? Ok, I know that Luca is sort of a nutcase, but is the Mikey's ghost issue some kind or reality or illusion? And yeah, whether will you play this part into the future plot.

Anyway, I just wonder will the next chapter be a filler or not... and yeah, I'm really curious about the title meaning. Care to explain? ;)

P.S: Yeah I know what you mean by future worries. Can you believe I'm still in a state of dunno for my future despite me taking my final school semester? :S

Add P.S: Well, hope that you've received the update alert for Bloodfire. Hope to see your review for it soon. :)
criti-sized chapter 8 . 10/20/2008
Sorry for the late, late review. I was in the hospital but am thankfully out and don't plan on going back in any time soon.

[...one day I will be the healthiest crazy on the ward.] Lol, how he got around to eating a carrot and falling asleep is amazing.

[I don’t think I’m much of a morning person.] I understand that all too well.

[Now I can buy cigarettes without lying. Great.] Wow, buying cigarettes at sixteen. How old can he be to buy alcohol? Lol.

[Unwrapping cards and presents, spouting out fake thank yous, acting like I don’t secretly want to go out and punch someone—I can think of better things to do. Like scratching my arse.] Amazing, my mother told me I was harsh when I told her every birthday was the same.

[“I think I need therapy,” I say blandly.] After seeing a picture like that I would too.

[“How about Mikey?” I reply darkly. “Fuck, you people are twisted. Best friend shoots himself, so get a puppy instead. That’s it, right?”] LOL, he would know about that also.

[“Run away forever? I know. But it’s so difficult not to.”] I think the problem with most people is that they think running away makes them cowards.

[“You silly little bitch, Sandy.”] I think those are the funniest harsh words I've ever heard.

[Why do girls always do this—put themselves down so we’re forced to compliment them? It’s bloody annoying.] It's our job to put ourselves down so they can compliment us and we can give them a crappy compliment in return.

[“An orphanage with beliefs,” Katie repeats. “Wow. You’re right; that sounds completely innocent.”] Lol, smart ass siblings.

Another great chapter. Though it wasn't as light as some of the others it wasn't heavy either. Luca seems to get more and more confused as time goes by, lol, poor soul.

C.S.
ideallylonely chapter 7 . 10/20/2008
UPDAATTE AH

-shakes laptop-
Dot Cubed chapter 5 . 10/13/2008
[“Free period,” I lie with a shrug.] -aw man, I miss free periods! Although I guess there are times when college feels like one giant free period, but still.

p.s. yay Luca! I like how he's taking the initiative to get himself help. or something.

"Crutches mean Liam" -jerkface loserhead

"Mikey is sitting in a blue chair just like mine, silently playing his beloved guitar." - D: Mikey.y.y.y.y.y! I don't know why I miss him, considering the fact that he seems like he might've been kinda a jerk, but obviously his death is tearing up poor Luca, which makes me super super sad

"I’m just coping." -oh Luca! I just want to hug you! D:

“He’s very sick,” -hee. i love moments like those. and liam's a psychotic jerkhead loserface.

aw.w.w.w.w.w.w Luca's mom, this is going to upset me, isn't it?

"I don’t do it on purpose, not at all, but it still happens and it still makes me feel terrible." - D:

D: D: That's like my only reaction to this scene

"I marry myself." -hahaha that cracks me up, and I know it shouldn't, because it's horrible because his mom is psychotic, but still, I can't get the image out of me head

[A face. A little like mine, but still different. Brown eyes flash at me from underneath a black fringe. The corners of its mouth tilt upwards.

I blink, and the face is gone, and my heart is beating hard and fast.

The nurses tell my mother that nothing is there, that no one is trying to steal the baby she doesn’t have. I stare at my mother, at her pink, teary eyes and her hollow grey cheeks. I remember her advice to me, her only advice to me, then I run.]

-um so I know that's a lot to quote, but i am quoting it because i love it and it thus needs to be enshrined in this review. i don't even know why i love it so much, just-luca's mom isn't crazy, maybe? or she is crazy but there's a reason for it, and omg, WHO IS THIS PSYCHO. not luca or mom, but the psycho mystery ghost man. not-i'm not coherent. i just really loved those passages. luca.a.a.a.a.a.a.a D: D: D:

jenny wren needs to pop up again! this chapter is too depressing without her and her pregnant alien ways.

dude i like ghost mikey! he is creepy but helpful at the same time, and really just a manifestation of luca's subconscious, but i am still attached to him.

OMG SCARY GHOST PSYCHO MAN. WHAT.

"Fuck this, I’ll hit him." -i want to hit him too! Luca we're TWINS

way to not answer the question, loser ghost man. loser PSYCHO ghost man. that's my name for you. LPGM.

"ringing his little bell like a psycho" -Luca agrees with me! Our twinness grows with every chapter :D

and yeah, this chapter was amazing. I love the introduction of LPGM, even though I think he's a loser and a psycho and a ghost. except not a ghost anymore, because he does actually exist, but still.

ha. i just realized something. did luca just leave morgan back at the hospital with his mom? hee, that amuses me far too much.
25ariel25 chapter 9 . 10/12/2008
I'm confused. Are we supposed to know who Mikey was in love with? And why is Luca so cringing about his boyfriend or is he just a homophobe?

Ariel
Dot Cubed chapter 4 . 10/12/2008
"Some psycho beat me up for no reason, didn’t you hear?" -hee. I kind of like Liam, just for that line. Even though I know he's totally a jerkhead loserface because of Mikey. What can I say, I'm a sucker for sarcasm.

"Do you think she’d be happier if I cut them off, one by one?" and.d.d.d.d.d.d.d.d Liam's psychotic! I take back my whole liking him for earlier. Momentary lapse of judgment.

Liam, please stop being super psychotic. Now you're just grossing me out.

"it will be the last thing he ever does." -Luca's badass. I knew I loved him! :D

aw, I like Kimberly. And poor Luca-this situation absolutely sucks.

"The smoke leaving his mouth in grey circles is battered into invisibility by the wind; his brown lips part." -I love that image a lot.

“I can’t wait. This time next year, I’ll be as big as a house.” -Jenny! You seem slightly crazy to me right now! This does not mean that I still don't love you, though

"fertility is a gift. An honour" -omg Jenny's an alien! Sorry, that was random. I just get extraterrestrial vibes from her.

"it’s as if she comes from a different planet. Maybe she is an alien" -Luca we're twins! I like being twins with characters! :D

aw, I want to meet Swallow.

aw.w.w.w.w.w.w why are they so cute? I don't know! hahaha I really need to stop leaving reviews when I should be doing work, cause I feel like this one's crappy too! I apologize for the suck. hahaha
Perfect Bliss chapter 9 . 10/12/2008
the way you have with words it's impressive. I love the images you portray and the way you introduce us inside of Luca's thoughts. about the plot: it's getting more and more interesting with each chapter. I like the fact that it's a fantastic story but yet you had imprinted the characters with nothing more than human traits. I like the way they are so fucked up hehe.

About your a/n I hope everything gets better :D

About Swallow... I really don't know what to make of him, he seems like a really powerful character. He intrigues me and yet scares me. And what is really going between him and Jenny Wren?

Oh I want to know what Mikey showed Luca before he killed himself. God I love this story so much!

please continue :D
Dot Cubed chapter 3 . 10/11/2008
"I think of dead people as she talks about Sunday roasts. Blood pours down the wall behind us." -Luca.a.a.a.a.a.a.a I love you but at moments like this I tend to ask myself why I do.

"I want to slip cyanide into her coffee and watch as her organs fail." -one of these days, Luca, you and I are going to have a talk. hopefully when I'm not as ridiculously busy as I am now.

“What do your parents do?” -way to not answer the question, Jenny. Hee. I kind of love her.

“Really? Because her name’s Katie and she’s eleven?” -See, I knew there was a reason I loved him! Moments like these.

haha, that was an odd scene in the science room. oh sandy, you're silly. and somehow i feel Jenny Wren has like superpowers too, like Luca! Or something.

Betty is totes my new favorite character. :D

“And then, you don’t talk much at all, so we have quite a nice little situation, don’t we?” -hee, I really like Jenny. For some reason this chapter just seems to be zipping by! That's not a bad thing, though.

“He was the one who drove Mikey to it—Mikey was my friend,” -:O D: Liam is a jerkhead loserface

"bright red streak stark against my monochrome life" -ooh, nice imagery

I love that last line! And this entire story! And how we got explanation for everything AND how twisted up Luca is AND Jenny Wren and OMFG LIAM IS RIGHT THERE, please don't hurt Luca, you crippled jerkface of suck.

(i really should not leave reviews at 2:45 in the morning. they're just not coherent. which i wholeheartedly apologize for. i also apologize for taking so long to read the chapter! haha)
Written chapter 9 . 10/11/2008
YO. It's me, as promised. re: your author note, hope everything is okay. I'm in a black mood myself, so that's coloring everything I read, so if you are actually okay, ignore.

swallow is like... a little scary. the way his mom reacted to him is still unsettling to me. so like, they ARE fairies, right? but is our narrator also a fairy? if so... is he like... I dont know, a changeling or something?

or is his mother a fairy? I know jenny wren reminds him of her at first or something.

I thought the five pounds from sam part was really interesting. I mean, the money had a note on it that liam wrote, right? so does Liam want him to know that he's sorry in some weird twisted way? or... I don't know. it's so intriguing!

okay, I loved this chapter. good work! I'm so excited that you updated, to be honest. hope everything is well! or good. or something.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 9 . 10/11/2008
Heya. Glad to see you update on this one. That's pretty fast though. :) Anyway, I think it's confirmed that there are indeed other people in this story crocked in the head apart from Luca. Swallow seems like one to me as well as Sam. And speaking of Sam, I wonder what does it have to do with Liam's issue with Mikey. That will be interesting. And am I right to say that Swallow is the main antagonist here? And I do heard of dogs eating their own shit before, believe it or not. :S And yeah, speaking of Liverpool, the teams starting to be on form now lol! XD Anyway, interesting to know that Luca don't belong to humans or maybe he wasn't human to start with. I dunno, but that will be interesting to find out. :) And yeah, the whole shit Luca's been through in this chapter gave me an inspiration for Seal of Valor. Just dunno how I'll get to do it.
Written chapter 9 . 10/10/2008
do you realize that you posted ch. 6 as ch. 9? that being said, I hope everything is fine, and I'll review ch. 9 when you post it, though I'll have to do so anonymously. well you know, like, not signed in.
Unknowning chapter 8 . 10/1/2008
Wow, that was surprising at the end. I thought Liam was just a bully, turns out he's homophobic. Jeez, poor Mikey. This is getting very interesting, please update soon ]
25ariel25 chapter 8 . 9/28/2008
I really like your story. It's interesting. There's this whole undertone of something weirdly supernatural going on while most of everything is just too calm before the storm. The main character is interesting but not necessarily likeable, and that's unique compared to alot of other stories where everyone is a Mary-sue. Keep writing.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 8 . 9/28/2008
Heyo. It's me again lol! XD Anyway, I guess this chapter's a filler, but tbh I don't mind as long as it's not too ridiculous like what the makers did for the Naruto anime. Well, I guess it's really hard to think about what's going on in Luca's head. I know I do at least except for the fact that he's not too right in the head. And I really wonder if Morgan truly knew about the whole Liam-Luca issue. And I really wonder who burnt Liam's house. And yeah, never knew Mikey's a gay. Well at least that's what I know after reading this chapter. Anyway, glad to see you update again and hope that your studies will go well. :) Bye!
Dot Cubed chapter 2 . 9/27/2008
"Well, I’m a good kid too." -that is quite possibly the creepiest line I have ever read in the history of existence. I don't know why it gives me chills but it just does.

Have I mentioned how much I love this story? Because I really really really love this story. And Luca! he's so messed up but in a way that makes me love him more. I just adore the way you narrate with him. And honestly the scene with his mother at the end there just gutted me. LUCA D: the poor guy!

I also really like the relationship he has with Katie.

This is such a good story! I am seriously not coherent about it right now, haha
204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »