Reviews for Away With Jenny Wren
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
Heyo there! Me again lol! :D Anyway, I'll have to say weed is illegal here in S'pore and I've never tried it nor will I want to. So yeah, the whole notion of being high for me is only something of an assumption just like you. But tbh tho, what you've portrayed there pretty much matched my impression in this area. On a side note, I'm a fan of the Harold and Kumar movies, which is basically a stoner happy series. Watched it yet btw? The humor was slapstick, but super funny. XD And I really wonder if Jenny was high as well although I chose to doubt it. And yeah, the dialogue is pretty much well done as well. :) Just a side info here: on your concept of Jenny's emotions here, I've got more or less the same idea for Illandil of Elven Chronicles for quite some time. I won't spoil it for you on this area though. Most likely it will come to light in the next chapter. ;) Anyway, glad to see this updated. And also glad you're back in action here as well. :)
She Had Somewhere To Go chapter 6 . 9/6/2008
love it :)

update soon!
FingerTips chapter 2 . 9/6/2008
This is amazing. Please keep writing this, I love it. When i read it i get sucked into the story and its characters are so vivid...

Just please keep going. You are talented
She Had Somewhere To Go chapter 5 . 9/5/2008
hmm.. mysterious boy must associate with Jenny Wren.. hehe.

UPDATE SOON I LOVE THIS!

She Had Somewhere To Go chapter 3 . 9/5/2008
I love it.

Next chapter!
She Had Somewhere To Go chapter 2 . 9/5/2008
Oh my god I really love this story! Seriously, Luca is such a captivating character, and the mystery surrounding Liam keeps me hooked!
She Had Somewhere To Go chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
OH MY GOD.

This is really, really, really, REALLY good.

It's very mysterious because Luca doesn't seem to like to explain too much - not a bad thing though!

I like how it starts, with the counselor, and I like how Luca doesn't tell her anything. The thing about this story is that in most definitely sucks you in from the start. Not only this but it has a dark feel to it, a good one! There are virtually no errors that I could see and the dialogue is very well done.

I'd write more, but I'd prefer to just go read the next chapter!
criti-sized chapter 5 . 8/30/2008
Sorry this is so late, I can't even explain anything without it seeming like a review itself so I'm not going to.

[if you always expect the worst, you usually get it.] Lol, somehow I know this sentence applies to me.

[I snigger; I haven’t had one of those since the day Mikey died.] I chuckled at her question. It's one of the backwards question that catch people attentions after a second.

[“Liam threatened my family yesterday. He said he would cut my sister a new hole to smile from. He said that I had to help him, or people would get hurt. He’s the bully, Morgan. He’s the one who made Mikey’s life such a misery. If it wasn’t for him, my friend would still be here.”] Wow, he gave her a mouthful for the first time.

[“Liam has a broken leg and stitches. He‘s traumatised.”] What? She's defending him?

[Maybe this really is the best thing to do.] I hope it helps him.

[“Number five,” she reads, “fight a teacher. Number three, burn a house. Number two, kill? These are horrible, Luca.”] Did she just realize that, lol.

[She stares at me for a long time. “Are you sure this is from Liam?”] This makes me wonder what Liam told her. Luca shoulda found that out first.

[She wants me to connect to her, and this is what I’m accidentally doing.] That's a bit weird. She wants him to connect with her, but she doesn't believe him. Maybe he did write the list himself, lol.

[The possibilities are bloody endless.] Lol, no reason for him to go crazy trying to figure it out.

[“Your boyfriend?” She looks hopeful.] Lol, just when someone thought that his mother was feeling a little better.

[...and she imagines weeping with joy into a pale pink handkerchief as I marry myself.] At least if he maries himself he can't go wrong anywhere in the marriage.

[“What’s wrongwith me?”] Damn those sticky words.

Awesome chapter. I see what you meant by your favorite character was introduced in this chapter. Mr. Mystery, lol.

Poor Luca, he's in such a bad predicament that there's nothing for him to do. He has to figure things out for himself, especially with Morgan thinking that he's crazy.

C.S.
sierra chapter 5 . 8/30/2008
wow, this is amazing. i wish more people would write like you.
Alteng chapter 5 . 8/25/2008
I hope you have a good time in New York. I hope to go to Philadeplhia in October.

Anyway, to this chapter. This story is really growing on me. You are indeed suggesting that Luca may not be playing with a full deck since the llist of things to do is in his hand. What a twist of events!

I never really thought anything about him seeing Mikey all the time. I agree with Luca in this, that it is his way of coping. It is rather touching in a way.

The mother scene was a bit out there to say the least. It really shows Luca's mother's decayed state. I kind of wonder why the hospital would call the school when they thought she was getting better. Of course, I have heard in most terminal diseases, a person gets better right before he dies. That's got to freak Morgan out majorly. You think Liam has problems!

The mysterious man is interesting. Is this another one of Luca's illusions. He is right though. There is really no way the guy could have followed him so quick and not be winded, even buy bike. That was just plan weird. Is Luca maybe seeing images of his father.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the next chapter. Insanity is about as much fun to read as it is to write.
Alteng chapter 4 . 8/24/2008
I was kind of hoping that wasn't as bad as Luca thought him to be. WHat can I say. I like psychotic characters who don't see the whole as they should. After all, no one could blame Luca for being a bit off.

Anyway, Liam did come off as complete scum. I think it is sweet how Luca is worried about Katie and all. He does act like her real big brother.

Jenny is a strange litle piece inded. In a way, I thought that she was without friends. This proves otherwise. And I agree with Luca. SHe does seem to be frm another planet sometimes. Star and her boyfriend are rather interesting, and they are even more alien with the physical description you give them. They almost come off as sounding elven, because of the sharp features, indetermite age, and the height. It is odd that she will die to give birth to her child. She seems happy and sad at the same time, but that doesn't promote the race very well.

Jenny and Swallow make for an interesting pair as well. Is she trying to get Swallow jealous? Is that why she is hanging around with Luca?
Alteng chapter 3 . 8/23/2008
Ah, you introduce Jenny Wren. She is a fun little piece, I have to admit, and she is everything that Luca isn't. So, does this mean that Luca is having an Oedipal Complex because this girl reminds him of his mother? That would be freaky.

The story about what happened to Liam was fun. I always like back stories are a bit violent. Some of the things mentioned in this chapter heighten my interest in this character as well. Are you trying to create sympathy for Liam as well? After all, the girls say that Luca killed him. Does this mean now that he will be frightened of his own shadow? And he would have liked to have Luca visit him in the hosptial. Is he that lonely?

Kissing Sandy was a bit random on Luca's part. the girl is really going think that he likes her. It had to be an awkward situation for their Biology teacher, since he didn't say anything about it to them.

Oh well, and yes, I am horribly behind as well!. I think we all stay that way.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 5 . 8/22/2008
Well, tbh, when you said antagonist, for a moment, I thought it was Liam since he's a sick bastard. Then after reading to the end, I guess it could be that stranger dude. Anyway, interesting chapter here especially with all the events happening here. Liam obviously is in need of a serious dosage of karma and it really sucks to be person like Luca, both mentally and physically. :S As for that strange dude, I think you did well in not revealing too much about him for now. Makes the reader want to know more. :) Anyway, my brain's a bit dead now, so I'll be off for now. And yeah, Wolfblood has been updated. Hope to see your review for it soon! Bye! :)
A Reader Peep chapter 5 . 8/22/2008
My curiosity levels are soaring. This is amazing. ] You characterize beautifully.
204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »