Reviews for Away With Jenny Wren
criti-sized chapter 17 . 3/31/2009
Well, I read this chapter anyways, lol. It was interesting to see someone come out and talk about the FAE and give more questions to it as well.

I don't really have much to say about this , so I guess I'll move on to the next chapter.

C.S.
moon-skittles chapter 18 . 3/20/2009
Oh wow.

Just found this story today, just finished reading up through Ch. 18. And I love this. Your characterization is wonderful. Your wit in writing Luca is awesome. And Swallow... Swallow... he's creepy-lovely. He fascinates me. I think I like him the best, because... I understand him? I don't know.

I feel silly just giving you a bunch of ass-pats, but I honestly can't think of anything I didn't like about this story. It was a little confusing sometimes - the only time I can think of that I really didn't understand what was going on was in Ch. 16, when his mother is stumbling through the hospital. I wasn't sure if it was real or a hallucination or what, and then she was actually dead and I was just confused. But other than that time, I usually can follow his strange hallucinations and ramblings fairly well.

Tor. You writing Tor scares me. Because I used to have a... friend, I guess, named Victoria ("Tori"), and she was so much like your Tor. Right down to the not caring about anything except swimming. Except your character is a bit more ballsy and less manipulative.

But in any case. I love this. It reminds me of Tithe and The Shoebox Project (a really really really awesome Harry Potter fanfic) all rolled into one. I will be watching this for updates.
Alteng chapter 18 . 3/14/2009
I read the previous bit as well. I'm not too sure of that, but it is a brief little interlude after all, and it is very Swallow indeed.

I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise about Luca's mother is really Jenny's mom, because of the references that you made that Jenny looks so much like her, and Jenny seems to get around as well.

It is sweet still that Luca still feels for her death and not being there for her despite what he has learned.

Swallow is definately Swallow. Does he ever do anything but be nasty. Sometimes I think he is worse than Liam. He also throws so much doubt into the handwriting analysis. We still don't know if Luca wrote it or not. You are just too mean to that boy, and I would think that Luca is not too sure about it either.

The chapters are getting more twisted as they go along, you know. It makes the story fun.

Oh, and I am having those spurts of reading here and reading books. So, I am being really negligent with my duties as well.
terrorofthehighway chapter 18 . 3/14/2009
Nice story. A bit slow though.

Typo in Chapter 9: As if on queue, Nameless craps on the floor. Thanks.

It should be 'cue'.
Kate Marshall chapter 18 . 3/13/2009
Ah, congratulations on getting the TiRO judges' pick! :)

And .goodness. So creepy about the birth-switch 'you're the girl my mom went crazy over' thing. And poor Luca was the one to pay for it. How is he ever going to be able to show any baby pictures? *shudders*

Great chapter! Toward the end, it was a little hard to read, but overall, very entertaining. Good luck on the next chapter!
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 18 . 3/10/2009
Wow things are getting pretty messed up huh? Jenny being Luca's mom real kid and LUca being a Fae and they got swopped at the hospital when ther were born. Shit this is sure one hell of a major issue lol! :D And as always, Swallow is super unpredictable. And I think he's the one who rigged the handwriting evidence result. Correct me if I'm wrong. :S As for Darren McKenzie, well I truly wonder wtf is he. He must have been somebody to turn Swallow into a Dr Evil and that Swallow can't even find him. I truly wonder if he will make a vital appearance to this story although I'm entitled to my own guessing. But then again, he maybe dead, so who knows? Anyway, brain's getting stumped now, so I'll stop here, And yeah, planning on a new chapter of A Ranger's Tale. Hopefully I can get it up by this weekend. :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 17 . 3/10/2009
Hiya there. tbh I really went lol and more lol over this interview. I think it's no different from a what-if similiar scene in Beavis and Butthead lol! XD I like the way Swallow did the answers. You really made him out to be a humor guy without changing his nature. Feel so sorry for the reporter though. For the sake of my poor sympathy towards minor characters, I truly hope Swallow won't do something funny.

[Anyone who thinks otherwise either has no knowledge of basic biology, or hasn’t looked close enough. Have you used your dick recently, Jack?] Lol that's one hell of a golden speech. :D

[I am human, d**khead.] Lol Swallow really needs to relax ffs. XD

[Now f**k off.] Dude that big evil guy is sure pissed lawl.

Anyway, I truly wonder what will come out of Swallow's agenda here or to put the facts straight, what is actually his aim in getting Luca onto his side. Guess I'll have to read on to see. ;)
Written chapter 18 . 3/7/2009
aah! crazy. I loved this chapter. I feel like we got some answers but then it's also still so mysterious.

so he was SORT OF like a changeling, which was what I had kind of thought near the beginning... but then I forgot about that idea haha. I shoulda stuck to it!

i think swallow is infuriating... I wish he would just give me the answers. sigh...

and uh... yeah. crazy luca! but I love him. thanks for the update. I would go longer on this review, but my best friend is in town. gotta go :)
Written chapter 17 . 3/7/2009
ahahaha, I love you so much. this chapter was majorly funny, especially the end. not going to lie, swallow made me laugh.

also, tiro so fell apart! but congrats on the win! I was SO excited that you got judge's pick. also, the skow nom! how awesome is that :D
Written chapter 16 . 2/27/2009
I've been WAITING to review this chapter. Like, just waiting. I promised I would do it as soon as I got done with my exam, so here I am.

first thought is that I've missed the way luca speaks. like, "my beautiful victory". I really think I should start talking like that, except that I would probably also be totally nuts. or at least, people would think I was nuts.

Aha... so you allude to the fact that he got the results and that he is not innocent, but you skip over it, so I kind of want to know for sure. and "kind of grounded"... hmm..

I love the scene with katie where he suggests weed. haha.

(She continues to smile. “I’m American today,” she says softly. “I drive. So, are you ready?”)

I love her!

them getting together was awkward but awesome and you know. cool. and the very last scene is very creepy and heeby. because his mom died. and jenny takes after her. and sijfkgjfkgja OH GOD. ARE THEY RELATED.

anyway... ahem. excuse my minor freakout.

when you are finished with this story, I'm going to have to read it again to see if I actually understand it hahah. I love it so much; you're amazing.

also, tracy and trev ;D
criti-sized chapter 16 . 2/10/2009
Okay, I was trying to get to this chapter because I was anxious to find out what happens, but I had a long ass list of people to review- still do, lol.

But what the hell.

[I shrug. “You didn’t ask. And I was too busy plotting my revenge to particularly care. Right after Mikey died, I knew I’d kill Liam eventually. It’s only a matter of time.”] Wow, what a way to make yourself look innocent Luca, lol.

[She continues to smile. “I’m American today,” she says softly. “I drive. So, are you ready?”] Aha, that's funny.

[“Hypothetically, he couldn’t know if there ever was to be an us.”] Yeah, I could imagine him just accepting their being together so easily, lol.

[They’re friends with Tor, that’s why, and no friend of Tor’s would ever be caught dead in a club without having taken something beforehand. Except for her boyfriend, of course; where Tor chooses to live her wild life on the edge of a knife, Jase sits on a spoon and does algebra.] LOL, she's got a great choice in friends and boyfriends... at least she knows how to seperate the two.

[Morgan and Mr Lamberry—that well known arsehole of the teaching community—together. And she thinks I need therapy.] Wow, yeah he's not the only one that needs therapy, lol.

[I could eat her up on a slice of toast.] That's a thought.

[A smile rises suddenly and I laugh in disbelief, and then Jenny laughs, and then we lie next to each other, laughing stupidly until the little kids come in and scream.] The poor little kids, they'll never forget that day, lol.

Well, I think they're getting together was nice, you didn't make too much of it and it was about time. I wonder how Sparrow's going to react if he finds out, which he probably will.

Great chapter.

C.S.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 16 . 2/7/2009
Herro there! Me again lol! :D Anyway, glad to review this and so sorry for not reviewing earlier. Anyway, interesting chapter here on Luca and Jenny's interactions. And I thought the phone call was from the police or wtf you want to call them. I thought the verdict will be out at that moment. For once, I thought Luca would be condemned. :S As for the sex scene, I'm okay with it. Maybe a bit awkward but nothing explicit. So yeah, no problems on that. :) Also, nice bit of information on Swallow from what I've seen in Jenny and Luca's talk. Just one thing I feel that can improve this part is how you can do a bit of flashback on that part. Like something Jenny saw Swallow did or something about just a simple talk. Apart from that, nothing to say. And yeah, on the lame line, I guess it's "I could eat her up on a slice of toast." Erm yeah it's a lame guess. Maybe you can tell me the answer? ;) Anyway, I maybe going on an update for A Ranger's Tale. SO just look out for it in case I really update. :)
Alteng chapter 16 . 2/6/2009
I slightly remember Tracy and Trev from RNA. That was not one of my favorite stories that you have wrote, but I kind of remember the hero of that story going drinking with some girl and these guys. So, it says something that I remember something of it.

I am surprised that Luc got grounded because his mother died. That seems kind of heartless on his foster parents part. On the other hand, it does help to lend to the idea that the handwriting analysis came back positive.

As for the scene when they get together, yeah, I was kind of expecting that eventually. I just wonder how surrealistic this meant to be.

As for the worst line known to man, I don't know which one that could be. After all, they are teens, and silly lines come out of the mouth often.

As for you not considering being published, don't say that. I think your writing is wonderful, and I enjoy your chapters when they come out.
Kate Marshall chapter 16 . 2/6/2009
Great. The seat that dreams are made of, surely.

With a sword of love. Ha.

Those are my picks. lol Although if you hadn't have mentioned anything in the a/n, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. ;) I wonder if I'm right?

Poor Luca! And that was a great ending, by the way! I mean, not the kids coming in and screaming, but just then finally saying it was the hospital that called. Very well put in -I was completely shocked. *wink*

PFFT, I laughed when Jenny said she felt like a slut. /Now/ she feels like a slut? Ha.

Good luck with the next chapter! Oh, and you don't owe me review love, silly. I'm glad I found this story, despite how utterly weird it is. HA. But if you really want to, reviews are never annoying. _

Happy early Valentine's! *heart*
dyingimmortal chapter 16 . 2/3/2009
YAY, THEY GET TOGETHER! -jumps up and down like a little kid on drugs-

Sorry, I've just been waiting for that ever since Jenny Wren was first introduced to the story. :D

Wow. His mom died. I like how you didn't tell us til the end. And... this was awesome, as usual. Good job. I do think you should up the rating to M, because I've seen fics more appropriate than this (I don't mean that in a bad way... er) that were rated M. -nod- Don't want this to get deleted for an inappropriate rating or anything~! xD

And I didn't catch the, er, dumb line. Probably because it wasn't dumb. You need to stop making derogatory comments about yourself and your own work; none of them are true. :P (But that's just my lowly opinion. Feel free to ignore me.)

And if I remember to, I'll be sure to vote for this on SKoW! :D