Reviews for Scum of The Earth
nickhillcc chapter 6 . 4/8/2013
Just wanted to let you know that I've been writing for a long time, and this story is pretty damn impressive! I don't have as much time as I used to, so I have to pick only certain stories to read and you had me with your awesome (although somewhat self deprecating) intro! Good luck with the rest of the book!
jim chapter 5 . 11/20/2012
mexicans are scum.
Hate consumes chapter 6 . 1/9/2009
Hey man. I'm lovin' this story. Kind of an extreme version of my group of friends. We never stabbed anyone or anything though. Haha.

An update soon I hope?

I'm a pretty impatient dude. haha.
Trust The Music chapter 6 . 12/22/2008
Another good chapter. A couple minor grammatical/spelling errors. Nothing major but you still might want to look over it again. The part in the beginning seemed a little drawn out and it didn't really get us that far but, hey, maybe you're planning on going somewhere with that in later chapters. Not sure what you're planning but I thought the part with Ace and the guys talking about what happened when you died was intriguing. I remember Ace mentioning something about another world. Maybe this has something to do with the spider web theory and Ace of Shotguns? Either way, another good chapter and I look forward to your updates.
Trust The Music chapter 5 . 12/17/2008
My favorite chapter by far. I found myself laughing out loud when Ace and Brody started figthing each other. It reminds me so much of my friends when they would randomly just tackle each other at school lol. Well done, and keep them coming.
Trust The Music chapter 4 . 12/17/2008
Very good story you have so far. It is a little bit hard to tell, in the book that Mick is writing, when flashbacks come and go but overall this is very good writing.
TashaStarship chapter 4 . 10/30/2008
Your a really great writer

I truly cant wait to read more!
RedWheeler chapter 2 . 7/21/2008
I actually read this yesterday, I just didn't have the time to review. Amazingly, I found this by chance because I didn't get the email until I went looking for it. Which is just so helpful.

First of all, I saw your profile, and I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. Maybe it was for the best though, seeing how whatever happened early instead of later. I'm sure you'll find that special girl. XP

But onto the story, I won't say anything about the drugs... seeing how I know you don't do them so there's no point about ranting. I'll merely say I don't get them or the people who do them. Especially if they're like Ace and do them regardless if he knows if it's a curse. I don't think people realize half the time they're playing with an addiction and that's serious business.

Nice introduction to the cast of characters though, and whoo for Ryan Skathen making an appearence. XP I love that kid.

Constructively speaking, I saw a few mistakes. When describing Ryan you used the word "brodding", I'm wondering if you meant brooding? Other than that, it was minor stuff like "to to Lego" so repeated words. Oh and "Wikapsh" is like the best way to spell out that sound effect. XD

One thing that wasn't necessarily incorrect that stuck out to me though had to do with Ryan's dialogue. Almost right after you pointed out he didn't use abbreviations he started using them occasionally. In the form of "I'm" during his discussion about the up and coming party. Again, because you said most of the time, I just thought I'd bring that up.

Right. Well, another great job! Hope to see more stuff from you soon, especially this.
dancin-in-the-rain chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Wow... especially intriguing. I'm curious now, so update soon if possible. I love the way it sets up for a world of possibilities-the story could develop in many ways. Congrats... this goes on alerts.
RedWheeler chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Alternative name, eh? Do you have a lot of stuff under it, or just this? Anyway, gotta say I was surprised to see something new. I still haven't read the other new chapters that were updated a while ago, I'm in the midst of exams so I've been doing some pretty heavy studying. After next Wednesday though, then I'll be good for reading.

Anywho, some stuff sorta reminded me of that movie "Stand By Me". Not the plot as far as I could see, just something, you know? But I very much doubt they're about to go on a journey to find a dead body; only one kid died in that movie anyway. And it was when he was older... so yeah.

I didn't see any errors with the first run through, so nothing terribly obvious. Interesting set-up for the plot though, I'm interested to see what's to come. And I was just saying that the story reminded me of the movie, I'm not seeing much blatant parrallels other than possible themes (ie. childhood friendships), so you know.

I can understand not wanting people you know to see what you write though sometimes, especially on this site. I don't think I'd want my family to know either... maybe that's why I have so much trouble writing something from me. If that made sense.

Hope to see more updates from you.
Emerald clover chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Continue:)
silver-teardropz chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Very nice intro, it really caught my attention. I like that you didn't stretch it out so much that it would be boring, and your protagonist seems normal (so far), but intriguing. You now have me looking forward to the next chapter, and so, you're going on alerts. Write more soon.

S.