Reviews for too much truth
xfail chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
I really know what you mean here. You go searching all the time for the truth and encounter so many mixed messages and hypocrisy and eventually all you want is something easy.

I know that you're a person who really has a set of unique values and I just wish the world could align with them more neatly.

(I know you from the nw if you're wondering why I sound like I know stuff about you /)
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
I loved the message but I don't agree. I hope to pursue truth forever and maybe just maybe I'll find it.
Averybarbarian chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Interesting. I like it. It shows the denyal of the truth of the distruction of today's life. Instead of sorrow of every day life you want to not see it you want to believe in the lies the world feeds you in order to be happy. I like it. Keep writting )
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
i truthfully (ha?) have such mixed thoughts and feelings after reading this that i don't know how to respond

or really if responding is what i should do

(though i'm sincerely not sure if responding is ever right in your case haha),

but i will say that i wasn't expecting the last line at all.

usually after a piece like this, you'll have something ironic and...mean, in the most unpure sense of the word.

but wow this last line makes you think just as much.

there's really nothing wrong, i think, with wanting stability-as in your cultural norm. it's so /easy/ and almost natural to just live how your parents and how 99percent of everyone you know is going to live.

but it's such a corrupt 'norm' that you feel you have to fix it. which sucks.

it's a really interesting thing, countercultures or revolutionary sentiments...wanting the far implausible with such a passion that it, in a sense, regulates your life..

i don't know what i'm going on about. haha i did warn you that it leaves a really mixed up reader. me, at least.

but i guess-reader to storyteller, friend to friend, or whatever-that i'm confident in confiding that i feel this same way sometimes. i'd think a lot of people do. but i also know i simply would never be really happy living my entire life fully participating in that kind of corruption and exploitation.

then you also make that really interesting point about the idea of knowledge.

like you know i've kind of formed an opinion about truth that would not include something "fake" as a lie.

i mean you have that cliche knowledge is power but also that power is the relative ability to influence or manipulate then you have the idea that absolute power corrupts absolutely. and of course cliches are only that-only cliches. but they definitely give people something to think about.

anyway, we all like pretending.

you wrote this after all.

same thing-i hope you're all right and everything.

haha how heartbreakingly ironic is it that burning your books would fuck the ozone or w/e (
KhaosKitty chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
...The last line was a bit odd, but otherwise that was incredible! I love how you put across willingness to accept something empty.
kb.arrera chapter 1 . 6/21/2008