Reviews for living wild
gip-k chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This definitely gets my thumbs up!
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Shiveringly stunning in its aches and pains
i collect lullabies chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
This is outstanding. I don't know what else to say. It just caught my attention from the beginning. I really enjoyed this part "on saturdays, we'd hope to god,

oh god, that we'd make it through the night

because we'd taken it too far this time."
Prescription Em chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
It unravels a story and this is amazing how it seems to roll right by relentlessly. I cant say much to this beside that i like it. a lot.
stuck here waiting chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Thank you so much for the review! I've been starving for at least one this past week.

I love how, in this piece, your statements are very matter of fact. They avoid being overly descriptive while still giving enough adjectives for the reader to be enticed and enveloped in your words. You've found a very happy medium between being over descript and having an adjective drought.

Also, the anticipation you build by the use of 3, 2, 1, and thier position as individual stanzas builds a lovely anticipation, allowing the reader to be fully punched by the sharpness of your last statement.

The rythm and word choice of said statement: magnificent. I love that you found a combination of words that simply and inherently works togethor, portraying the immense anguish felt, while at the same time being immensely fun (maybe fun isn't the right word...) to say.

Having said that, I think there are a few phrases where you might cinche the words you use to aid in the rythm and clear impact of the words. Though, I haven't heard you read it. And more often than not, when a poet reads thier work, it's wonderful.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
this is breathtaking. you really are a wonderful wonderful writer.

i would love opinions from a talented writer like yourself on my work, it would mean a lot to me!
Venz0r chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
I like how the poem circles back to monday. Time can't really be stopped, and though different (or the same) things may happen over and over again, it's always there.

I liked the imagery, though I can't really draw the meaning from it. It's probably just me, though.

I also liked the countdown. It really is hard to say goodbye.
synapse collapse chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
i can't believe i haven't seen this earlier, but this is breathtaking in the most bittersweet way. you had me holding my breath until the very end, and those last two lines are so beautifully raw, they cut you in just the right way. goodness. fav!
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
This is amazing. And so beautiful, i loved the cloud imagery. Truly wonderful. Well done.
st. maverick chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Beautiful and painful... imagery that cuts you deep, like wintertime cold. Thursdays are my favorite. The anticipation of what Friday has to offer...
this is britt chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
so many lush images: "you made me melt, shiny black boots and that cherry cigar smoke on your breath" and that "i'd undress you, shiver and moan" gave me chills. plus this ending! good stuff. you do not see it coming, and that's always something to be proud of it. there's a slight typo (wednesday), but that's it, it really doesn't diminish things at all.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
"your arms around my waist possessive." I felt it either needed a comma or it should be possessively

I liked the piece, going through each day was really interesting and your descriptions of each day were wonderful as well. Really great job.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
thursday, friday, saturday, sunday

are delicious because they are beautiful

and monday and tuesday and wednesday

are quite true indeed
Phantasmagoria Land chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
I love the cycle of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then repeating back to Monday like it's never ending, that's my favorite part of the poem. I love Tuesday and the "rose-colored glasses".

I'm glad you're back, I've missed reading your poems.
xfail chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
This is really original and honest and true. It feels natural, not like you tried to hard to make something good but like it just came out that way.