Reviews for Shadow Kiss
elisefey chapter 6 . 1/13/2010
Lol! I am amused that your AN called the chapter bizarre. So true. It was like watching an episode of LOST by the end of which I'm yelling at the screen "What?" Which I do because I love it and the mystery has got me all riled up.

I'm sorry that I'm not very helpful with the reviews today. I kind of just felt like reading and enjoying. And I definitely felt like there was stuff to enjoy here. You've got a wonderful ability to maintain tension and tone and that's what works for this story above all else. That and the mystery of what's going on. It feels like a totally original world that you're drawing me into, but I'm only slowly realizing how new it is; discovering it alongside Angel.

I hope that life eases up enough to let you get back to writing at some point. You definitely have a natural talent that can be honed into something amazing. Of course, I totally understand being too overwhelmed to have time to write; married life has turned out to take up a lot of time. But it's not in a bad way. :)
elisefey chapter 5 . 1/13/2010
Okay, I was bad this time. I was too busy reading to really put together a review. But you know what? That's a compliment, because it means I was too caught up in the story to think about anything else. I mean, how can I not be caught up when even the air freezes for him? So cool.
elisefey chapter 4 . 1/6/2010
I actually like that you waited until now to give a thorough description of the Cronies. If you had done it back when they were first mentioned in the story it would have slowed down too much and felt like every other cliched high school drama. It's funny because in a way they are the cliched popular clique, but they feel more fleshed out and original than that in part because you've also made them the typical outcasts. It's weird, I'm probably not explaining it well. We'll just leave it at: I like the way you're developing them.

[Just last year Fray, a petite girl with skin dark as chocolate, eyes as blue as the sky, and hair streaked with bronze was offered a bit part in a drama popular in Taiwan, but she’d turned it down because she wouldn’t have time for her friends and ’d announced her decision to her mates after Ritz had tried to convince her to give her number to some Taiwanese actor she’s in love with that was playing the lead.] - heehee. A drama in Taiwan... Wow, I'm easy to please...

Can I just say that I love that Angel is straight edge without being self-righteous while maintaining a little sass? She just matter-of-factly owns that she's a good girl. LOVE that.

[“It’s not worth it. You’re so convinced that Sky and I want each other that anything I say isn’t going to register anyway.”] - I thoroughly enjoy that she's so unfazed.

Okay, done for today. Lovely chapter. The only thing that had me baffled was the way it would suddenly shift from Angel being overwhelmed by the supernatural and then not mentioning it at all; but mostly when that happened I would forget it pretty quickly because I'd become so engrossed in the next event. Good stuff.
elisefey chapter 3 . 1/5/2010
I am so, so, so, so, so late in reviewing this. Like, a year and a half late. And I was also supposed to email you. Gah! I'm a horrible person... Sigh.

Well, anyway, about this chapter: very enjoyable. I really liked the characterization of Candice and Sierra. They were quirky and believably gossipy.

[Not numb, but as though it hummed; as though my nerves were vibrating against one another, creating the sensation of decent. I felt the scream trapped at the back of my skull.] - I really liked this line. It reminded me of the humming in the first chapter. Which I assume is deliberate...

Wow, a lot happened in this chapter! I think splitting it into parts really was a good idea otherwise I would have just been overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of Angel's emotions.
ByYourSide chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Haunting, to say the least. :) Warm and yet chilling simultaneously. *shiver*
frizzle-tastic chapter 6 . 3/23/2009
I don't think I found anything gramatically wrong with this chapter. Still waht is up with those butterflies? They are always there, I'm getting really worked up 'cause I have no idea what or why there are there. Who is this new guy? Why does everthing happen in dreams? And what did she mean by "Child of Salvation"? This is an amazing read and has kept me on the edge of my seat where I still am. Please update soon! ]

frizzle-tastic chapter 3 . 3/8/2009
Hi again. Sorry i just reread my comment and forget that last bit about the humbleness that made no sence. Sorry! I wouldn't change anything with this chapter. It is just so captivating and perfect the way it is. I'm really curious as to why there are butterfiles. I'm sure though that it will all be explained later.

Enchanted

frizzle-tastic chapter 2 . 3/5/2009
I'm sorry this might be a bit annoying but I was just re-reading this and I think I found a few mistakes

"I’d hardly participated in the various ‘discussions’ previous to." is that suposed to be too instead of to?

"...and she had this way of carrying herself that was both with grace and humbleness." wouldn't it make more sence as just humble rather than humbleness?

Other than that i think this is amazing ] I love the story!

It gets even better the second time you read it.

frizzle-tastic chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
you are a very talented writer that is obvious i almost felt a shiver run down my spine as i was reading this i can't wait to find out who this guy is this mysterious force that my attention is drawn to you really manage to convey what Angel is feeling and that takes alot of skill please update soon

wingsrookie chapter 4 . 11/7/2008
interesting. NOt sure where this is really going yet...but I hope you update soon so I can find out.
bookwormhottie chapter 3 . 10/28/2008
amazingly well written
elisefey chapter 2 . 7/15/2008
Wow, for something that you believe to be immature, the visuals are incredibly vivid and you have some really great sensory details that you work into the story without slowing it down (for example, the tube of mercury and the color of the nail polish). In addition, the dialog is believable and flows and still gets across the necessary information to the reader.

[and yet feel the need to make it into some sort of an event just for the sake of turning something into an event] - I feel like this line makes me know them in a personal way.

The characters are so fun and believable; Angel is a great, sane counter point to Ritz. And, of course, you've made me curious about the new guy. But I like how you've so far somehow managed to make that secondary to simply wanting to follow these two friends through their interesting lives.

Anyway, I really hope you continue to post this because I want to finish reading it, plus if you continue to post it will have a chance to get more readers and thus more feedback. I think it's worthwhile and am adding it to my favorites list in the hopes that will get it some more exposure and thus reviews.
elisefey chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
I love the imagery of the little boy. Kind of creepy but in a good way; actually the whole narrative tone has that surreal feel to it which is perfect for the dream setting.

So far I think your mother is wise in telling you to leave it as it is.