Reviews for I Love How
charlotte-the-spider chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
you are offically my new favorite writter:

finally someone is honest about what a shit hole place we live in today. keep it up and dont let anyone bring you down.
keegankupcake chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
all i have to say to this is...bravo baby girl bravo.

i don't think anyone could have said it better.

absolutely fabulous.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I think it's a fair accusation to say that media, culture, and the lack of moral values that have obviously diminished since the rise of recent technology is part of the reason people have become increasingly indifferent and selfish (towards one another).

It's easy to disregard ourselves in the favor of hurting someone else because we've grown up thinking we deserve more happiness than the people we share our lives with, when in fact this is not the case.

Most people I believe regard themsevles as the center of the universe, and just to be fair I'm a narciccist myself, though I keep all sorts of pride and vanity within myself. For most people that act out their selfishness however, I think this is done more subconsciously, because if it were conscious people would realize their own mistakes and correct them, or apologize. (However, if a selfish act is done consciously, I guess that's what you'd call evil, or malevolent.)

But for those who supposedly don't know any better, their actions are merely providing for themselves. Give people tests on morals and they'll score high, but give-or-take, these same persons can sink into carnal obsessions, envy, rage, et cetera. I'm no exception; it's my personal opinion that intellects and emotionally intelligent human beings (such as myself) can do more damage than your average person, and that's no vain attempt to seperate me from the masses. For the sake of an example, since I have talent in writing I can harm people in various ways with it (eg. propaganda). I don't think it needs a further explanation than that.

So, selfishness happens when things do not go our way, and the least emotionally intelligent of us will seek out revenge on those who we think do us wrong, when perhaps we've made a mistake or done them an injustice. And what's the easiest way to get someone to see your point of view? Hit them. Hit them because they won't listen.

Life is unfair, life is suffering, and it's not even all our fault I think. Let's take away the envirnoment completely and the hazards of growing up, you still have genetic traits you inherit from your parents which could be negative in many ways: there are diseases which are genetically transferred, you may adapt your parents anger, or submissive behavior you may grow to disfavor.

There's a million things to think about that are unfair, but our world would be less hostile if we treated each other with love and human compassion. We need to *understand* why we need to be more considerate of each other and not plug ourselves in our Ipod all day; and now in this age where everyone is connected and the world is more crowded thanks to technology, we need to overcome our biases and reason with others. Hitting others and getting revenge on others just to make ourselves feel good is a juvenial act to say the least, and we need to work together to solve our differences rather than be alone in isolation.

I don't like any of your other reviewers for this poem because they're not helping the problem at all by announcing their favor for this poem. I'm curious to know what they do to monitor their behavior, as I should monitor my own.

Thanks for writing this, I'm repulsed by it and thankful for it because it made me think really early in the morning. ;)

Take care,

- Julian
Jennifer chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Ya know, I was just thinking about how stupid our world has become these past few years a couple day ago. I love this rant. Cuz It speaks the truth. I was tryin' to write something like this, but couldn't think of how to do it.

I love how you tell the truth!

-Jennifer.
sweets555 chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
i love it. to death. great job, going on my favourites
stained blue chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
this is so true, but the world's a creepy, messed up place but i think it's just human "nauture" to be hypocritical, everybody seems to *do* it to the point where the only person you can blame is yourself.

i don't really understand all the bolding and italics because maybe it's just me but they seem to distract you, and i don't -like- it, oh whose knows.

nice job.
4tehlessthan3of0scoreintennis chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
so true, and awesomely told.
Rock Music is my Muse chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
So damn true.
deletethisaccountplease9 chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
haha, I know I shouldnt be laughing, but you have it so perfectly correct, that I cant help but laugh at how pathetic the world is. Also what you said about boys is about everything I have been saying for the last 3 years, hense my hate of them, and hense my amusement at finding a person that agrees. Can you explain one thing though? how is the girl kissing a guy automatically a whore? If that is the case, then France is a land of whores. Anyway, always good to read more from you. Keep it up :D (the spirits and the writing)