Reviews for Minuet of the Night
MacKitty chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
oh man, when i saw this, i thought 'oh yay, new story!' and then i started reading and realized i'd already read this on your site...damn. ah well, i still really liked it! but i always like your stories...they're cute and fluffy, but they don't seem cliche. they give me a good feeling after i read. :D
millionSongs chapter 6 . 7/1/2008
wow

i'm entranced

your writing and conveying emotions is SO good
Mystik Wryter chapter 6 . 7/1/2008
This story was so cute! I love Julian and Sebastion. Feel free to write about them some more if you ever get the urge. I certainly won't mind.
SomethingCheeky chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Brilliant. Amazing. Magnificent. Ah, there aren't enough words in the world to ever describe how incredible this story is.

I have probably read almost everything you've ever posted, both on LJ and FP, but this takes the cake man. Seriously, I think this is the best thing you've ever written (that you've posted of course...there could be a plethora of undiscovered treasures that I've never seen). I've loved just about every story you've posted because they're cute, funny, warm, etc. But I dunno man, this just blew me away.

I started reading it thinking, "Wow, this is strange. Tygati rarely writes about things taking place in our world. Huh." (I did recognize the first chapter from LJ, but I have been out of the LJ loop for a while and have missed quite a bit.) However, as I kept reading the setting felt more and more natural. What impressed me the most, though, was the character developement. The transitions over time were also wonderful- clean, fluid, smooth. Choose whatever word you want to use, they were great. I just still can't get over the character developement. It was so subtle but at the same time so in your face and oh my god I just loved it to death. All of that being said, I can't think of much else, but then my mind is still recovering from shock. I expect it will be a few hours before my brain is fully functioning again. Anyway, excellent work (of course) and let's see if you can come up with anything to top this.

~ruler

P.S. This story made me cry. I'm not sure why it did, but I had to actually leave my computer and go cry. I am pretty sure that has never ever happened before. Not once.
Chasmodai Blue chapter 4 . 6/28/2008
I love the time span and the interactions that occur. Kudos for non-linearism.

I am watching you.
Andra Sashner chapter 6 . 6/27/2008
Nice to see these here and for all the world to enjoy. I take it you've forgiven alice your hate...? I was reading this in bits on LJ then I got a whole load of email notices that you'd put these up; so very big Thank You for doing that.

This story... beautiful. It's not too easy to grasp the passage of time because it sounds too easy from their perspective, like time isn't really all that long. In reality, the dates you put by the entries show just how long their relationship has been on/off for. I'm dizzy with ideas on how Sebastian fell for Julian; only having Julian in bits and pieces and only ever few decades, etc. Then waiting for him in the middle of almost no where for a decade again... So enduring a love.

Loved that you took the time to bring them together and make love. That was just top of the charts for me. The detail you put into their first night together was brilliant and I wished (because of it) that you had put as much detail into every meeting of theirs in the past. It was just too sublime...! I don't think I could have asked anything more of this Happily Ever After.

Except maybe a few drabbles about what Happily Ever After is like (hint hint)!
Ambriel chapter 6 . 6/26/2008
;-;
nonaccount chapter 6 . 6/25/2008
Aw ... very sweet. I must admit I want more because this is so splendidly special.
nonaccount chapter 5 . 6/25/2008
Julian "was done letting fear rule his life". Yay! But, oh no, there's only one chapter left. :(
nonaccount chapter 4 . 6/25/2008
Okay so Julian didn't turn Sebastian into a vampire - good. It only occurred to me later, but sebastian could have already been a vampire when they first met. He probably was and I just didn't realize it. Enough blathering about that, I like Julian's blushes and Sebastian's ability to confound him.
nonaccount chapter 3 . 6/25/2008
Oh, I hope Julian didn't turn Sebastian as that would make him feel guilty, probably, and pose another barrier between them. Other than that - over 700 years of interest on possibly both their parts and never doing anything about it, that's a lot of self-control. And time, which I guess vampires have in abundance.
nonaccount chapter 2 . 6/25/2008
Adorable! "He thought up several creative profanities regarding silver, as for once he had Julian in a wonderfully compromising position and was in too much pain to do anything about it."
nonaccount chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Great start. I love Sebastian's zest and Julian's dourness - such a cute combo.

"He oofed quietly as a firm body collided with his own, sending them both crashing to the rooftop from which he'd been observing the city. As usual, he somehow managed to wind up on the bottom, pinned securely beneath a grinning, bright-eyed body." :)
bella-luna89 chapter 6 . 6/25/2008
I really liked this. I liked how it went through years of them knowing each other, without dragging it out. Very good story :)
LetMeSing22 chapter 6 . 6/25/2008
Agh. I have dissolved into a puddle of happy goo. Hot. And cute. And and and.

Sorry I'm not coherent - that was very very excellent. :)
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4