Reviews for I Still Remember
Gunning Twice chapter 21 . 6/26/2008
Wow. Your story is beautifully written with a moving happily ever after. The emotions of Iris and Otis (love the name by the way, though it did remind me of "The Barnyard" when I first read it...heheh) jump out of the page (figuratively speaking of course) and seem so real.

This is a lovely example of love at first sight, and the ending just goes to show that love doesn't need words. (If that ain't a quote yet, someone has to make it one!)

Your story is inspiring and heart-wrenching (in other words it made me cry like a baby and want to write my own story while I'm at it), bittersweet and...ehh...oh what the heck! (really really long story short:) I really enjoyed reading it and it's a great story!
imhxcbciuzxs chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I really enjoyed your story! Bittersweet and feel-good!
AllSpark chapter 21 . 6/26/2008
A really great story, I've really enjoyed reading it although I really want more. Great work
Rezin's Black Rose chapter 21 . 6/25/2008
He spoke! It was bittersweet and cute. A very good ending, really.

Now I'm sad that it's over and I have nothing more to read. But that's okay, I'll get over it.

I wish that I knew what his voice sounded like, though. I have his spoken words, but no description to go with it. I could leave it up to my imagination, but I don't know if you have a certain way that he's supposed to speak. Oh well.

Great story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Rezin's Black Rose chapter 20 . 6/25/2008
Okay, so now I really need a tissue because Iris went through with it. Her emotions are so raw and edgy and they just kind of pierce right through me. It's like I'm feeling all of her emotions with her.

One more chapter left. I'm sad about that, too, but I'm sure it'll be a good ending.

Rezin's Black Rose chapter 19 . 6/25/2008
Have I said that Iris can be really depressing? She almost makes me want to cry. It's that sad.

And Carolina, well, she is a total bitch. Ugh, I don't even want to think about her.

Okay, I have to go read more now. I'm really afraid that Iris is going to go through with her foolish plan. She can be so deluded!
Rezin's Black Rose chapter 18 . 6/25/2008
Oh. My. GOTH. She's going to leave Otis because of her hindering selfish desire? Man, this is really depressing. You see what I mean about emotions? They can make you do things that are really, really stupid.

Yes, I'm reviewing just to make the time stretch out before the story is over. But also because I sort of freaked out when I read that she wasn't going to Oxford because she felt like such a horrible, selfish person. And I won't say that she isn't selfish, but she is a little bit justified.

Someone's voice is another thing that defines a person, so I can understand her craving to her Otis literally SAY that he loves her and have a conversation that excludes paper and a pen (or a text message). But still. She is still foolish about her desire.

Anyway, back to more reading. Now I really feel like nibbling off my fingernails. The suspense is almost too much for me. Heh.
Rezin's Black Rose chapter 17 . 6/25/2008
I'm on chapter 16 and only have a few more to go. (Well, in between reading I had to go to work and all, but I'm back again.) So Otis and Iris are going overseas...for a reason that Otis is oblivious to.

I feel kind of bad for Iris. Reading through her point of view and feeling all of her emotions...You've created a very real character. Although, I don't think it would matter if Otis ever talked again. Sure, I don't think it's selfish at all that she wants to hear his voice, but I thought it was almost mean of her to tell him to stop trying.

In her defense, though, I think her emotions really controlled that whole situation. I know that intense emotional situations can be overwhelming.

I'm really anxious to read what happens next. I wonder what's going to happen on their trip and I feel like chewing my nails off (although that's a habit I kicked when I was ten, so I really hope I don't relapse into that).

And just so you know, I really love your story. It's so refreshing and unique from some of the other things I've been reading lately. So, I want to thank you for having such a wondeful imagination. If that's even something to thank someone for. Oh well, I can be such a dork sometimes. ] Seriously though, this is the kind of book I would buy in a bookstore.

Well, I'll stop rambling and put myself out of misery and just read the remaining chapters already.

Take It All Back chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I've only read like the first two paragraphs but... me likey! woot woot I love it. nice work!
Rezin's Black Rose chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I really like your story so far. I was going to read some more before I reviewed, but I couldn't help myself. lol.

Anyway, the first chapter has certainly captured my attention. I like that Iris is into art (but that may be because I am too, but oh well). Your writing is good and you did an excellent job in creating and sustaining Iris' voice.

Now I'm going to shut up and continue reading. I want to find out more about this Otis guy. Heehee.

85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6