Reviews for The Opal Fox
bookcentipede chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Its perfect!
HinaAta chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
*gasps dramatically*
The Opal Fox may be re-posted! XD I've never been so excited in my life!
Okay, so there was that one time at the zoo, but that was entirely my sister's fault I tell you!
Getting off topic. I can't wait to possibly be able to read it again! I love this story so much, and was so sad when you took it down.
Hope to see it again soon!
Sincerely,
HinaAta
Iceleaf chapter 4 . 8/12/2013
I look forward to being able to read the rest of this story.
x-rayLady chapter 4 . 12/1/2012
Ah, that's my bad luck, finding the story when you've just removed it...
sadreader chapter 4 . 10/27/2012
oh, yeah forgot mention, if you do publish the book, i will happily buy it!
sadreader chapter 4 . 10/27/2012
noo... this is my first time reading and... noooo... i really wanted to finish the story... it sounded awesome..., i don't blame you for taking it down, but please consider putting it back up
ellen chapter 4 . 9/14/2012
fair enough. i did really love your story :) if it ever became a book, i would buy it! :D
B chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
You're not being paranoid- you're just being smart. People can copy the stories posted on FP and save them in a word doc. Someone can take your story and pass it off as their own easily if you don't have it copyrighted. A word of advice- don't post anything on here that you will sell one day. You could post chapter one or two so that people know that your book is out there, but don't post a summary that gives details of the story until you copyright it.

This site was made for fun- and that means that anyone can copy your story and show it to others, because it is all for fun, right? If it is not copyrighted, then everyone has leagal right to it on here- fictionpress will not protect your story. It is best that young authors learn this now.
QueenOfTheFaeries chapter 4 . 5/14/2012
Sensible idea - good luck!
HarmonicDiscord chapter 4 . 5/13/2012
Hey there! Just wanted to say, good job with rewriting this! I was perusing the first three of TOF earlier today, and I think the rewrite compares quite favorably with the draft I reviewed back in the good ol days. Everything is much better explained, and the parts that I found slightly confusing when I reviewed the first time (or what I remember of them) all seem to be nicely clarified.

Also, congrats on working toward your master's degree. What type of degree, if you don't mind my asking? (It's always fun to catch up with people I haven't talked to in years... _)

I also want to wish you the best of luck with getting your non-prequel book and this book published! This was such a fun story. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, and do be sure to keep your readers informed!
Kaeven chapter 4 . 5/13/2012
Here I am, reading a unfinished story and feeling dreadfully left out from the rest of the story. As much as I hate to admit, there will probably be lots of "authors" plagiarizing your work, so your fears aren't unfounded... Though... I really hope to finish this story...

To those people who copy off others work, f*ck off. Many writers have been forced to remove their story from websites due to the high number of plagiarism. If you can't write, DON'T copy and call it yours because it's not. Easy as that.
un chien andalusia chapter 4 . 5/12/2012
I have always loved TOF, so I do hope you will get it published one day.

Good luck with your Masters.
The Weatherwitch chapter 4 . 5/12/2012
You probably know by now how much i love and adore this story, i must have read this 4 or 5 times now xD I absolutely understand why you've done this, and as much as i hate to say it, your fears are probably well founded.

When (that's WHEN not IF) you get this published, i will be among your first customers xD just make sure to tell us lot as soon as it happens ;D
The Weatherwitch chapter 38 . 4/23/2012
i just keep coming back to this story xD

just read it again for what must be the third or fourth time now xD

and its still as fabulous and enthralling as ever

well done again on your wonderful story writing skills xD
calvinandhobs chapter 38 . 4/15/2012
I just finished reading The Opal Fox (and I realize you put up the last chapter sometime in 2010, and probably haven't had any reviews in a while) and I just had to say that I thought it was AMAZING! I was totally hooked, and I couldn't stop reading! The only criticism I had was that for much of the story I was very confused about what happened with James and Max and the whole stabbing thing. I went and read Blood and Satin, and that cleared it up, but it was pretty confusing just reading The Opal Fox. I hope you do write a sequel- I can't wait to read it!

calvinandhobs