Reviews for The Opal Fox
TymCon chapter 28 . 1/18/2010
"It amazes me that they never think to call for backup first but always rush to join in. Men.", lol i love your comments. True though
violinrunner chapter 27 . 1/9/2010
Yay! An update! You made my morning.

I love how you handled the message. It was great.

I'm rather confused about what happened at the end of the chapter, though I'm sure you'll explain it later on.

So, did Auralie call the "Celestial Rabbit" the Sky Bunny because she always calls it that, or because she was half asleep.

One more question: how old is Aurelie, again - and Marie, and Prince Emory, for that matter? I know you said in one of the earlier chapters, but I've totally forgotten.
TymCon chapter 27 . 1/9/2010
“Oh no, it's lovely to be surrounded by the prime suspects.”, lol typical Aurelie:P

“Ha! Why I could tell you a—”

“No,” Emory said.

“But I could—”

“No,” Miss D'Astair chimed in.

“There's one where—”

“No!” the other two said in unison,

That made me laugh so much!:)

Oh I actually didnt realise Aunt Mary was That powerful till this chapter! And a small cliffhanger. Although a tad bit droll, but it fits her personality when she counting the people:)
Tawny Owl chapter 27 . 1/9/2010
Unseen Academicals was good. I got it for Christmas and have just finished it.

Aura's affinity to the lower/wilder gods was an interesting revelation. It makes her magic more interesting as it has seemed very structured before. Do the gods influence how the magic users work? or the type of magic they can do?

I got a bit confused towards the end, msybe I was as confused as Aura because she was just waking up. I take it the wicked waiters are on a kidnap mission.

I'm also curious about not having actually seen James yet - and I suspect you have a good plot reason for that. I'm looking forward to actually meeting him, and how it's construed. (I think I spelt that right.)

This didn't seem as detailed as previous chapters in terms of background and what everyone was doing, but there was still some really good lines. I loved the way Sophie was introduced and Angela pinching Freddy's wallet. I'd like to know what she found in there though.
user254435384 chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
i've only read the first chapter and i already love it!
Tawny Owl chapter 26 . 12/24/2009
That’s the spirit: sort those astrological bodies out. I miss being an omnipotent fantasy writer.

I loved the silliness of this chapter (the image of Cora being dragged through the door was brilliant.) There were some great lines as well – Aura being half dressed being the inducement stood out, and the holding the reins and hoping no one notices. And she’s thinking of Emory as ‘my prince’ - sweet. And he comes to her rescue just like her own knight in shining armour. Actually I loved the imperious way he summoned her down stairs: who’d have thought he could be so masterful. Although he is a prince, even if he is only the spare. Or is he the oldest? Argh. Can’t remember. That’s terrible; I’ll have to check that.

The ride in the lights made me think of Central Park. Not that I’ve ever had a carriage ride there, but it was nice and romantic, almost, without descending to twee. Of course it was just as much fun when Aura’s inner monologue got snarky again. And Martin was a welcome arrival both in terms of his impish description and the sharp introductions. Shortly after he whisked Aura away though I did wish the gremlin in the fountain had got him.

“Ah well people are willing to forgive little things, especially when they're pretty.” – That could be almost insulting. Or am I reading too much into it?

The bored women talking about s*x were ghastly, and I’m intrigued by the maybe mistress with the sardonic smile. That was a great observation.

I noticed the foot notes as well. Have you been reading Discworld novels again?
Ayakaishi Fei chapter 26 . 12/22/2009
I'm entirely incoherant at 4am, but suffice it to say - you have a gift with dialogue, and with world building too. I like the idea of opposing noble factions - and of a noble girl whose parents *don't* want her to marry a prince. I am looking forward to reading the next chapter when you update, as I am really enjoying the way your story in unfolding. Also, I love the chemistry between Auralie and Emory.
AlijaS117 chapter 26 . 12/21/2009
Emory and her are really cute update soon!
TymCon chapter 26 . 12/21/2009
Oh cool footnotes. Im kinda tired so i cant really give good review. Sorry:(
Casup chapter 26 . 12/21/2009
I acctualy read all of this chapter : D, and again, I found it a wonderful piece of writing, I loved the part where Emory used the accent, and for the bottom, I agree, who comes up with those names, they are really kind of depressing clearly thye were not happy whne they named those places. And indeed how can you not know and love a Jackalope,a fluffly little rabbit thing with antlers
AlijaS117 chapter 25 . 12/12/2009
good chapter update soon!
redambrosia chapter 25 . 12/11/2009
I love your story. I just started it today & I'm already done with what you wrote so far. That is how much I loved it.
TymCon chapter 25 . 12/9/2009
Hah she knows how to make an entrance at the end:P Well we finally get a mention of james and some well deserved kingsley and aurie time. Its suprising how quick these chapters flow. I usually dislike reading long chapters on a computer.
Kjersti aurora borealis chapter 23 . 12/9/2009
Seriously... The review button for chapter 25 didn't work. :S Thanks for the review reply, by the way! :)

Good chapter. I really like Kingsley. :) I don't know if I like James for hiding, but I guess it's easier to hide than confront Aurelie.

Can't wait to read more!
Tawny Owl chapter 25 . 12/9/2009
I loved the beginning of this – you’re right, the Kingsley time was needed because I think it is the first time we’ve seen the two of them interacting like this, and I think it’s the first time he actually referred to Aura as his sister. For some reason I presumed that it was one of those secrets that every one knew, but it was taboo and even Kingsley and Aura wouldn’t actually acknowledge it. That said though it was incredibly sweet that they did – and this rounded out Kingsley’s character more as well. With his aversion to boats, and the affected accent (something he made up to be cute hehe.). His reaction to Anne’s approaching engagement was interesting as well. Probably because it was couples with the comment about footmen being the one who fetches the things for gentleman to give to ladies. Is there any bitterness there? But then this has made me so paranoid I’m seizing at everything. This bit did seem a bit short on description, but I still really enjoyed, and would now like more of Kingsley when convenient. Please.

The bit with Cora was mostly dialogue as well, but I loved the bit about telling her to run downstairs and say that her bed was empty. I liked the bit with the banisters too.

Actually, with the accents. Where was Kingsley brought up – was he raised by the servants or his mother? It’s just that if he was brought up with the servants chances are he’d have learnt to speak with their accent anyway. Unless his mum taught him not to? It doesn’t really matter; I’m just nosey.

I liked the staring as well, and the way he could convey the footman’s snootiness out of uniform. That was a wicked image. Sorry, bit obsessed, me thinks.

Eviscerating – lovely word.

Difficulties will make that difficult – I liked the affected mystery of this and, and the hidden politics. Especially the way she wrote the note to annoy him. I think I get the bit about the foxes at the end. The fox was presumably pushed out like James was?

The sulkiness of breaking the glasses made me smile as well. If I could I would have done the same. I did quite want to meet James, but I like the fact that you are hiding him. I’d do that as well.
275 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »