Reviews for The Opal Fox
The Weatherwitch chapter 38 . 4/23/2012
i just keep coming back to this story xD

just read it again for what must be the third or fourth time now xD

and its still as fabulous and enthralling as ever

well done again on your wonderful story writing skills xD
calvinandhobs chapter 38 . 4/15/2012
I just finished reading The Opal Fox (and I realize you put up the last chapter sometime in 2010, and probably haven't had any reviews in a while) and I just had to say that I thought it was AMAZING! I was totally hooked, and I couldn't stop reading! The only criticism I had was that for much of the story I was very confused about what happened with James and Max and the whole stabbing thing. I went and read Blood and Satin, and that cleared it up, but it was pretty confusing just reading The Opal Fox. I hope you do write a sequel- I can't wait to read it!

~ calvinandhobs
rue-on-fire chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
...
Elise Cromwell chapter 38 . 12/28/2011
I love it! :) Emory's and Aurelie's relationship progressed nicely. It didn't move along too fast, and you conveyed their personalities quite nicely. I enjoyed the plot, even if I did know it was Lord Daniel the whole time. :D The only problem I had were the minor grammatical mistakes smattered throughout. You may want to go back through just to edit. Other than that, I had no problems with the actual story! I loved it.
SunshineRay chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Hi! I read this story twice. The second time, (some months/ maybe one year after the first time) i was wholeheartedly team james. :(

LOL i knew what i was doing to myself when i started reading, i knew the ending!

But anywaay. it worked well.

Your story is like a whole new life that i would love to be sucked into and live. :) You give me that clarity of Aurelie's lifestyle and surroundings very well, but tbh; The only characters that I've really come love love are Aurelie, Emory, James, Kingsley Anne, Lady Farelle, ... And I'm sure that Marie was a favourite at the beginning of the story -esp because i could closely relate to the sister relationship since i have an older sister by two/three years too!- but she didn't become a central character so I kind of forgot about her. FORGIVE ME ! ."

I'm still team James; his story is just so ..sad-for lack of a better word (i read blood and satin before the opal fox upon my second reading of this story) and if there was one change that i would request to make it feel more complete is to put more James moments. I wish i had a clearer outline of Aurelie and James' relationship throughout the story. When i read it the first time; i was dense enough to imagine James being OLD; not a brilliant nineteen year old. :/

There's this moment where Aurelie describes James to Emory ... "If he had been born a noble he would have been a great statesman. If he had been raised by merchants he would have created a trading empire." I love this. This is what we needed to know about James. I wish it could somehow by expanded; I'm sure that i didn't really love James as much during my first read. :/

Anyway; you're story is absolutely brilliant! And I'm sorry if i've said too much and that detracts from any compliments. Just saying; I sincerely hope that this gets published soon because it's the type of story that i would love to hold in my hands. It deserves more reviews! I might just reread the whole thing just to go back and review every single chapter.

Truly magnificent ; keep up the good work and good luck!
The Weatherwitch chapter 38 . 10/2/2011
just reread this for funsies

as you do

'cause this is an epic story xD

i hope you do manage to get it published :D

and i would like to see what happens after this as it will most likely be rather amusing ;D
alexisrenee chapter 38 . 9/26/2011
OH MY GODDD!

That's absolutely AMAZING!

Go submit it to a publisher NOW so I can buy it!
alexisrenee chapter 16 . 9/26/2011
Oh my god! I totally did not suspect that Kingsley was her brother!

JEEZ!

I guess I'm a bit dim, because I completely missed all of the foreshadowing...

T_T

But it was still an amazing plot twist!
AranaBanana chapter 38 . 12/2/2010
Hello!

I'm so glad I finally managed to finish reading this story. I had stopped reading after the 26th chapter or something because I lacked time, and by the time I coul dread the new chapters I had forgottens most of the previous one. I had quite a surprise (and a very good one) when I noticed that this story was now complete. And it was awesome. Aurelie is so brilliantly described, she is just like some real person. And the plot is great too. I just can't think of even one thing to criticize. I'd give you 10/10.

Thanks a lot for writing and sharing this.
LanternLight13 chapter 38 . 10/22/2010
Amazing story, great plot and brilliantly written. Thanks for sharing.
Abrasive chapter 38 . 8/26/2010
I thought this was delightful. Reminded me of Diana Wynne Jones - particularly the chapter titles, which were reminiscent of Howl's Moving Castle.

Anyway, you managed to give clear and concise descriptions of setting and action, as well as wonderful characterisation. I really managed to get a great vision of not only Aura and co. but also the society in which they lived. Vibrant stuff, really.

For a little while I was afraid Aura might turn into a Mary-Sue, but she thankfully didn't. And I forsee a love triangle in her future (not sure if I like that, but whatever).
Lauranthalsala chapter 4 . 8/23/2010
Oops. I have this issue with scanning when I read. :S Especially on the computer because the radiation gives me a headache, but I lack patience so I always want to finsih the story as fast as possible. Im guessing people don't ride on birds in this countryy... I dont' know how i got that idea from. :S

It would have been kind of cool though, Final Fantasy-esque.
Lauranthalsala chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Oh my jesus, I think I really like this story. There are a few nitpicky things that i could be nitpicky about but I like it. I like this world you've created. I like how you call Wednesday (I'd assume), Third Day. I like how people ride on birds and I like that you put the time and effort in to create this whole world. I love that about fairy-tale/fantasy stories :$

One thing though, Marie and Derie? ... are their kids going to be named Barry and Terry? :P
Tara chapter 38 . 8/15/2010
this was an amazing story! from the description i was worried that it might have been a little unsophisticated in form, but i kept seeing it on my search for completed fantasy stories and so i thought i'd check it out and i am SO glad that i did! i got completely into the story, and i'm impressed at the originality of the story, i warmed to the characters and i felt gripped in the throws of your action scenes! it was so good i can't think of a single criticism of it!
elma chapter 38 . 8/4/2010
WOO so glad I finished it!

So sad it ended :(

I must go read all of your one shots now that I understand them :D

All this unspoken history between James and herself. Would've been nice to see a bit more of that in the story but I'm glad thats its in the one-shots at least (I'm assuming)

love love loved it

so glad i persevered and read through the end.

I like how it wasn't obvious at all that James was going to cause drama and I loved all the intricate detail of the world. But probably not so much at the beginning when I'm sure the characters are going through epiphanies but I as the reader was not.

Perhaps a bit more foreshadowing of James (that the audience will understand. enough to hint, not enough to let them know)

the fox metaphor/story was wonderful :)

I'm so glad she ended up with Emory :D

It just... works. And their relationship seems perfectly natural too!

Okay. Hope you appreciate my 30 or so reviews (heh)

happy writing! :)