Reviews for The Opal Fox
AlijaS117 chapter 37 . 5/24/2010
they are so cute! this was a great chapter please update soon!
emeraldmyst chapter 37 . 5/24/2010
Wow. Just that. Okay, that's all I need to say.

Never mind, there's one more thing-is this story ending soon or will there be a second arc? Either way, never stop writing!

I have a question though, what happens if your story gets deleted? My friend on FFnet's story got deleted by the people in charge of FFnet since (we think) someone reported it.

It was reported for having lyrics from a song in it (that was the reason FFnet said it was deleted), but that isn't the worst part-it's the fact that there wasn't anything vaguely representing song lyrics (or even poetry of some sort!) in the story.

So now FFnet officially sucks (not the writers, just the website). Does FP do the same thing?
redambrosia chapter 37 . 5/24/2010
I'm sorry to have to break up the cute moment..But what happened to James?
The Weatherwitch chapter 37 . 5/23/2010
:D

yay! happy happy lalala!

*dances around bedroom at 5:30 am*

i LOVE this!

update soon!
Kjersti chapter 36 . 5/22/2010
Wow, I've missed out on so many incredible chapters... This story is amazing. Daniel being Darius makes sense, especially because of that card reading...

I feel sorry for James. But he'll survive, I'm sure. Emory better survive too.

I can't wait to see where this goes. I love this story.
Edie chapter 36 . 5/16/2010
I guessed right, but you had me doubting if I was correct.
Katiefoolery chapter 12 . 5/9/2010
That device of stretching the letter out in tantalising snippets was such a good one! I almost wish you'd let it go on longer, giving us a little line here and there as the greeting and gift-giving went on around Aura.
paige chapter 36 . 4/26/2010
really good. i had thought it might be daniel but then that one lady said that sophie's man wouldn't be bad or something like that. that threw me off. Keep up the good writing! :)
Umog chapter 36 . 4/25/2010
This is my first review ever, actually I just registered here to be able to review your stories.

To go right into the middle of thing

I think that you are an excellent author, Not only do you master all the skills needed for writing, like building up tension and so on, but you also have the rare ability to fill the characters with life in the readers mind.

But filling the characters with life also means providing background stories, descriptions of clothing and environment, and of course of the relationships between the characters.

Since your protagonists live in a very complex social environment, it inevitably means a long story with a lot of words.

So I totally disagree with the demands to shorten the story, and maybe even more so with you actually having done so.

For instance I missed a description of the room where the first gathering took place and how the persons where positioned and moving, which would have been very helpful to catch the mood in there.

As someone else already mentioned, a description of clothing would also have been interesting.

Anyway, where was Kinsley?

I would have expected him to show up like some dark hero, clad in black leather, one or two longswords strapped on the back and a battleaxe in hand.

At least he should not have moved more than 2 inches from Aura’s side.

I am begging you to return to your initial pace, where this would have been at least 2 or 3 chapters, like Maries ball.

If you really must cut the story, you could take out a minor event in the middle, but I strongly advise against doing so.

There are enough standardized stories in standardized length, like those vampire stories popping up like mushrooms after the rain, and until now you really made a difference.

So please continue as you have started out and get this and the Priscilla story published as soon as possible. I would really love to have one of those on my shelf.

This leads to another question, have you thought about distributing channels?

I think you have admirers all over the world, how will they get your first book?
un chien andalusia chapter 36 . 4/25/2010
i had wondered whether it was lord daniel, as he was present at most of the magical mishaps and has been too suave to be truly good - then the tarot readings threw me off. also suspected prince geoffrey since he's in charge of the cyneweard, but didn't think that geoffrey and daniel would have a familial connection. freddy was briefly thought about too, since he tried to detain emory from interfering with james and aurelie - letting james hurry aurelie away would have fulfilled darius's plan with the fetish.

the latest installment is interesting and riveting as always. and yes, letting aunt mary kick ass spectacularly would be most welcome. unless there is another battle scene to come?

btw, i like the characters' song selections. especially muse's undisclosed desires.
redambrosia chapter 36 . 4/24/2010
THAT WAS EPIC! & I knew it was him! It's always the "flirty and kinda cute, but put in the shadows because of his/her family or friends" ones! Hun, I am not upset with you though because I honestly was confuzzled and debating with myself about this, but Finally! YAY! ..I mean BO!
Jennifer chapter 36 . 4/24/2010
Okay, I have been reading this story in the last week and I think it is great. Interesting world,unique characters and the background story was great. Now, I just read ch. 36 and the villain appears. I knew he was going to be the villain although you tried to throw us of his tracks with a certain discussion but he was the only one around of the Prince's group in the last few chapters. If you had his other friends come around more than I would not have been able to know he was Lord Darius. Although, you did give us plenty of other clues if we were looking. Actually, I think that they weren't too close may have been too much of clue. OTN, I think that you could get this story published but I think you are right that you would have to tighten up the story. I love that you have a back story to every character ( That reminds me of Rowling.) but your story can get weighed down explaining all of their stories. Overall, you have a talent with developing a creative universe and developing interesting plot line. Those first 2 chapters really did pull me into the story so your hard work was worth it!
The Weatherwitch chapter 36 . 4/24/2010
HA!

...would it sound bad if i said i suspected lord daniel from a while ago?

to me he just sound to good to be true really...

NO! EMORY!

this was an AWESOME chapter, the bit where james turned up was acyually rather funny in my opinion :D

plese update soon?
AlijaS117 chapter 36 . 4/24/2010
this is really starting to heat up update soon!
Tawny Owl chapter 36 . 4/24/2010
right, without going all fan girl on you I am really, really excited about finding out who Darius is. So I'm going to take a deep breath and then just read without jumping straight to the end...

I would not have said he looked content, he was obviously under less strain than the rest of us. - strange line. it feels like it should be funny, but doesn't quite fit. I did like the politics of Edward almost throwing his weight around though.

The details of James men was good. i was suddenly curious about what all the girls were wearing though. aunt Mary striding along in a dress would make people stare.

Ohh, is that true about the sword?

Of course Aura is shameless when she fights! I know she's been trained, but I wonder how much actual real life practise she's had? Probably lots from her days hanging out with James.

Who says milady? I thought it was Darius aking a big entrance, but now I guess it's someone warning her.

So when did auri work it out then? I think there need to be more wheels turning. And some reaction from Emory! He's being held at knife point by a man he thought was his friend and the girl he loves as just barged her way into now the poor boy has just been stabbed in the stomach (after reading blood and satin however I'm refusing to believe he's dead. Absolutely. You can't make me think it.)

Interesting you start calling him Roustaive when he has his cape and black moustace on...

And they have the whole family conversation with Lord Daniel watching? that seems odd.

I'm not unhappy. It was something to do with her father, however tenuous, and tbh out of all Emory's friends Lord Daniel was the smoothest, most sensible and therefore probably the most capable of being an arch villan. I didn't have a head slapping 'of course it's Lord Daniel' moment though, which I was expecting.

The biology was a it out of the blue, did you mention that before? I really must go back and reread. The reason was given a nice twist by his plans for Aura (shudder). It gave it a more sadistic edge. Nice way to give Emory the knife, and nice ckiff hanger. Go get him...
275 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »