Reviews for The Opal Fox
Tawny Owl chapter 33 . 3/24/2010
Nah, it's not wrong to give them theme songs (sorry I read the A/N first when I opened the review window) Morgaine is big on Muse too. (And Brand has the Rolling Stones, which seems strangely butch) Anyway on to more important things...

The only person present who was strong enough? does that mean Darius was trying to set aura up? It makes sense as she's trying to foil his plans. Have I read that right? I got a bit confused about who was speaking.

i like her aunt. she's almost like a female Charles. but friendlier. I can't imagine him saying 'poppet'

And it seems Darius likes his mind games. It seems like he's becoming more about the sadism than death. Or maybe he always was given how bad he is at killing people. hm

And if i was i'd do it myself. course she would!

Aww, make up kiss. good stuff. I think that's been brewing for a while. And he's sorry that she'll never love him? that was sad. and she doesn't really appear to contradict him. well, I suppose it's best not to give too much away.

Hello archancellor - I see what you mean, although I might not have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it. Liked the nicknames - that was wonderfully silly and like he almost can't be bothered to remember their real names. I now want to see Ridcully calling Ponder cupcake. That would be hilarious.

Oh, that manipulative king. I did quite want to see Emory snap. Although at first I imagined him looking more like a kicked puppy.

ha, knew they'd be having drinks together.

glad you and this chapter are on talking terms. I enjoyed it.
redambrosia chapter 33 . 3/23/2010
JAMES! I may be a bit smitten by him. D

Anyways.. YOU FINALLY POSTED! Finally. Seriously. lol It kind of started off slow, but it got much better and better and better from there. More please.
Layla the fiend chapter 16 . 3/11/2010
WHY did you link us to a guy riding an ostrich?
Layla the fiend chapter 2 . 3/6/2010
Ha! Anne sounds like me. XP
TymCon chapter 32 . 3/6/2010
Nice lots of stuff happened. And it's a good sighn if you think your chapters are bad. This chapter is good, but ti's better if you think theor bad. Ya know? LOL
Harmonic Discord chapter 32 . 3/1/2010
This chapter had some great lines:

The boys looked terrified, which was in no way helpful.

I might have seen someone who closely resembled King Edward pressing forward, waving a fist and shouting: "Fight!"

"Go find Lady Farelle and Lady Anne," the Duke said to one of his men. "Tell them we have an urgent magical issue."

"I fancy anything that comes in pants!" she said quickly and I wasn't forced to curse her then and there.

"Me too!" Juliette exclaimed, sitting up again. "Let's be the best of friends!"

Also the fight between Emory and James was kind of epic and long in coming. Not entirely sure what to make of the assassination? attempt - why is he targeting the Duke? or was it a distraction? ...I wonder what was in the thing Aura drank.
Tawny Owl chapter 32 . 3/1/2010
Of course it's James! How daft am I? It was the thing about the wrong step though - like he'snot quite at home with the glamour of it. And a very cool way for him to appear. Although I would have liked him to carry on dancing.

I also love the fact that he knows she's not drunk. And the way the candles flicker as he carries her off. Did she fall down in front of everyone though? Or was that outside? I got a bit confused.

The hex me, jinx me do whatever you want reminded me of some cheesy song. 'Bend me shape me, anyway you want me' that's what I'm thinking of, but strangely that made the line better. The rhythm of it maybe or the fact that he was really feeling that.

She reached to rip his mask of. Does she manage? And if so what does the boy look like?

And poor Aura torn between the two men like that. It really made me feel for her, although I can't helpthinking of James as the bad boy and part of me likes to think she could run off with him - Even though I do like Emory. (Espeacially with the pompous and misguided 'unhand her' after practically ignoring her all night)

You can accompany...I'm not done with you yet.' Brilliant, loving the fiesty. And the anger I could imagine behind it actually.

And I take it all back -I loved the emotion in this, and the idea of her being so upset she behaves like a girl, and the I'll never be in love. I really didn't understand how much of an affect her past had on her until then. ALthough I'mnot sure it ould have been that strong if I hadn't read blood and satin first. This kind of threw Aura's relationship with her dad into sharprelief as well. Made him seem subtley nastier.

And she just walks away from it - Brilliant, and very cool despite her distress.

The not being able to see the man and it turning out to meanother herring was infuriating (in a good way)

Shit for brains?- ah she swears as well, now. The I'm angrier line was fantastic too. It made me think of Sam Vimes when he gets the need to intimidate people. It had that sort of construction. That bit could have done with some more dialogue tags though -it was a bit of a confusing race.

And Claire is brilliant when she's thanked. And the I fancy your brother. I thought you fancied the footman almost had me in stitches: it was wonderfully silly.

I can imagine James and Emory quite happily fighting each other through the whole of the above though. Although I bet next time we see them they're buying each other drinks and discussing sport. Men can be silly like that.
user254435384 chapter 32 . 2/28/2010
"I fancy anything that comes in pants!"..."Me too!..Let's be the best of friends!"

that just cracked me up right there. that's was hilarious! i was wondering thought...how old is James?
redambrosia chapter 32 . 2/28/2010
That was the most intense chapter ever. Even though it was typical for Emory and James to fight "to defend Aurie's honor" I love it! Especially with this James character, please let there be more of him ;D
daydreambeliever01 chapter 32 . 2/28/2010
Hey,

Right so, I love this story! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

I love the way that you write, the way that your characters interact and how they're all completely different.

I think you should update as fast as possible!
waterlilies52 chapter 32 . 2/27/2010
yay James! teehee, I was so happy to see him in this chapter. I hope he makes another appearance in the next. and another. lot of action in this one too!
Tawny Owl chapter 31 . 2/17/2010
I was really looking forward to this chapter after the big emotional explosion that ended the last one.

And law! i love claire. And i love that Aura doesn't like the fact that she likes Kingsley. And the description of her ballgown was brilliant.

What an entrance for Anne, although i couldn't of expected less of her. The dropped tea cup was a nice humourous touch. As was Aura distrusting the guy's beard. I think it should be policy not to trusted beards: they do look shifty. For some reason that coupled with the coat had me imagining a kosack. And I like the way he seems larger than life.

haha, muffin.

I liked the way Aura is feeling nothing. Or telling herself that she is. I would have made her break or drop something though or have her jumping whenever the door bell goes.

The well established mistress line made me laugh, is it wrong I can see the sense in it too? For Anne's situation anyway.

Papa says a lot of things was a brilliant line too. Although you need an n on the end of 'been'

Emory being described as the dumb blonde was good to. But it would have been fun to have Aura be aware of him before Anne points him out, and have her do some less than tactful hiding. Is she aware of him/ tryig to keep an eye on him so she can avoid him? Or is she really above all that an din complete control of herself? Maybe she has plans to avoid him like the stuffed jackalope.

I was glad to see Nathan again, and it was brilliant that Aura hid behind her fan: I never thought she'd be embarrassed enough for that.

Oh, the bit with Emory in was sad, but really well done. Lots of undercurrents floating about.

No guesses at all, but he seems to know Aura even if he doesn't recognise her straight away. I'm going to have to think about which one of the Lords has been described as tall.
redambrosia chapter 31 . 2/16/2010
hmm...I am left rather befuddled..and desiring more!

p.s. Thank you for posting, you have no idea how many authors I'm waiting for to update, it really irks me.
C.M.F Wright chapter 31 . 2/16/2010
Oh my gosh, James is back?

Anne has such a practical outlook on life. It's really amusing.
violinrunner chapter 31 . 2/16/2010
James.

It is James, I am 99.9% sure.

So Anne's marrying a king. Somehow, I'm not all that surprised. It fits her. I like that she made such a big to-do over it. If she had told her parents that she wanted to marry a king, wouldn't they have let her? I mean, he's royalty that doesn't want to kill off the sorceresses, for goodness' sake.

Emory and Auralie in an argument. Ouch. Somehow, if I was Emory, I'd be a little more frightened. Auralie has demonstrated her penchant for violence on a few occasions. Yes. I'd definitely think twice before making her angry...
275 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »