Reviews for Visions in a Kingdom of Yesterday
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
gerat story told. i loved the title.
Tammie chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Your poem is wonderful, powerful, simple, magical and I loved it.
Dot Cubed chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Ooh, I love this! It has a very ancient feel-which is obviously what you were going for, haha. Anyway, your description is marvelous as usual (I loved the image of slender fingers, like a violinist), and I really like how the speaking parts are all in italics because it feels like a part of the poem, you know? I think have quotation marks would've just interrupted the flow.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
What a lovely thought. I mean, it's mysterious and I like that. I loved, "so horrible, so beautiful, so proud." The repetition works there and what's more, it brings the statue to life - both literally and figuratively. I think you get what I'm saying. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
Saoirse Redgrave chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Very visually rich. I especially like the description of the statue's slender fingers-it tugs at the eyes and seats the picture more firmly in my mind. I enjoyed it.

~Saoirse
Amarettogirl chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Absolutely fantastic SS post! One of my faves in a long time the writing was brilliant, especially the descriptive, lyrical and content-driven words! Excellent! I really can off no negatives I love it as it is and wouldn't change it! Here is my SS post on vision: amarettogirl./the-written-word/
Paul chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
A very clever idea. I like the way the language reflects the wonder and beauty of the place. And then that let down.
Isca chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
Wow. That was one of the best supernatural stories I have ever read! The undertones of everything unknown: knowledge, the future, etc, really made this piece a masterpiece.