Reviews for Confessions of a Former Chew Toy
Pseudonym59 chapter 21 . 6/15/2012
Sooo, I just read this whole story in one sitting. And since I get bored of stories easily, that means I must reaalllllyyyy like this story. :) The characterization throughout was fantastic. I loved to hate Dorianne - she was such a hussie. Haha. Amazing job on this. :)
no-ones-puppet chapter 21 . 1/19/2012
So I just finished your story and i loved it. As to your questions... I think I have 2 favorite characters... Mischa and Elena actually... Probably because I cab picture both of them with accents since you wrote them that way. :) I do think you could've developed Dorianne more... Mainly cause there has to be a better reason than the fact that she's French for the way she was acting like a totla bitch. My favorite scene was when Evie went and knocked on her raunchy neighbors door... Mainly cause I could picture my friends doing that too.. And well imagining a guy tied to a bed is pretty funny. Lol. As to parts i feel you neglected... I have to say poor Elena. I know atchitecture majors spend 24/7 in their studios, but the poor girl has no love interest either! I wonder if she likes feeling like the 5th wheel with the group... Maybe the next installment will have some love for her and Mischa? :) and as to your writing I enjoy it immensely... It portrays the quirkiness of your characters as well as the emotions and depth and intelligence they all have. It was wonderfully written in my opinion. :)

And I'll be on the look out for some of your other stories. :)
Atramento chapter 21 . 12/26/2011
I haven't reviewed any chapters before this one, but that was because I was to busy wondering what came next. I love the story and all the characters in it because they are all actual characters. They're not just an elusive friend who's only in the story to fill a position.

Anyway, to answer your question:

My favorite character was Evie, just because. I think you could have developed Elana a bit more but that's just my opinion. I might just feel like that because she got a bit overshadowed by the Elizabeth/Amory love-hate relationship (that I love by the way. Fantastic). My favorite part of the story was...actually that's hard to decide. I have a lot of favorites. I did love the part with Tully carrying her back to her room and doing a human-tomato-imitation when she told him the keys were in her pants. Plus I loved pretty much every scene with Evie, Tully and Mischa in Bio. As for the neglecting...I don't think you did really. Your story was great! It had me laughing and rolling my eyes at the realistic but bizarre situations Evie and Tully found themselves in. The kiss on the ice rink? Iyiyi. You didn't bring up Lars van Acker, AKA the serial handshaker, again though. I totally wanted him somewhere near the end for something embarrassing! Your writing was actually very good though; it was easy to follow and other than a few rare typos it was completely correct. Plus you didn't make them swear every ten seconds!

All in all I loved the story (even the mother-of-all-fill-in-chapters didn't seem like a fill in chapter) and I think it was brilliant. Go you!

And dang, I only just realized this is a HUGE review...loved it. ;)
fireflyofhell chapter 21 . 11/19/2011
The story definitely cracked me up, especially since I went to Cornell myself. Hearing about Appel and hockey just makes me miss the hill and everything about it. Great job on your story overall! :)
reindrops chapter 18 . 10/26/2011
I love Tully. Teehee.
reindrops chapter 6 . 10/26/2011
I love Beauty and the Beast, too. It's my all-time favorite Disney animated film.
balloonfista chapter 20 . 10/7/2011
I just loved this story! In fact, I read over the latter half several times which is why I'm not commenting on the last chapter! I've been meaning to read this from ages (I had this in my Bookmarks list from like six months) because I adored Six Weeks With Satan and I just got to it now because of stupid exams :(

Okay. How to say this?

ILOVE TULLY 33 He was sooooooo cute :))

Evie was a great protagonist, and so easily identifiable with! I loved her awkwardness and what she did in the end (That was a totally, totally awwwwwwwwwww moment *sigh*)

I loved all your political discussions - I learnt a hell of a lot haha! And I cracke dup so hard at the DNA helicase joke (I'm a Bio student!) It was seriously epic!

Even though Mischa was the sweetest guy ever, I was against him dating Evi from the beginning, I admit because Tully was the right one for Evie! I loved also how you didn't make the story too too intense and cry-ey and kept it humorous all throughout :))

I was also pretty interested in the ADHD thing and I thought it was mor eimportant in the plot but I guess it wasn't *shrugs*

anyway, thanks for a lovely, amazing story and making my day :D 3

Ri
SpasticLittleGirl chapter 8 . 9/27/2011
Sorry about the last review...my phone seems to have a mind of its own and sent the review before i finished typing it :( anyway, im really loving this fic so far! Evies such a cute character and i cant wait till i finish this! It might take me forever though... Cya!
SpasticLittleGirl chapter 7 . 9/27/2011
Do you know what's awesome? Reading this chapter on september 28th.
Annie not Annabel chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Hola! This is Annie, a judge on ADoR (aka A Drop of Romeo) and guess what: this is the first story I've accepted to the Girl & Best Friend category on the website! Congratulations! I can feel your excitement through the interweb. Anyway, here's my review for your story.

Annie Thinks: This story had a little bit of everything: humor, romance, and the woes of friendship. It also deals with real-life problems, such as bullying, ex-boyfriends that just can't get over you, and annoying, way too enthusiastic frat boys. The dialogue was realistic and the descriptions... well, descriptive in a way that makes you envision everything and everyone. All the characters are extremely lovable, not to mention hilarious, and that includes Tully McFadden, the estranged best friend who has never quite forgotten about Evie. As for Evie herself, whenever she opens her fictional mouth, I feel smart just by reading it. It's obvious the writer knows what she's talking about and it makes the story seem that much more real. I especially loved Amory, the aforementioned ex whose favorite hobby is arguing with anyone and everyone. Jampacked with sexual innuendoes, subtle humor, and the small steps it takes to fall in love, this is one of those stories you'll read over and over again (like me).
tiltedHead chapter 3 . 8/25/2011
this story IS CuTE!can't wait to read on...i never heard of Hitchcock,so sue me xD in fact,i dunno wat history facts u were writing,haha cuz my history sucKs..)
ALastGoodbye chapter 8 . 8/7/2011
HAHA, I LOVED the ending of this chapter! Most funniest thing ever! I don't know what I would do if I walked in my guy friend's room and saw him completely naked!

I'd probably just stand there, gaping like a fish, for literally the longest time. Then, I'd run away, hahaha!

I'm really liking this story so far!
MindaAnn chapter 21 . 7/13/2011
Awesome story!
Tanya Max chapter 21 . 7/11/2011
Once again you've outdone yourself! I really enjoyed how easily addictive the story became after introducing all characters in the story.

I really like Evie a lot, she reminds me that not all female lead characters are the ditzy, completely ignorant yet helpful type...boring. I liked how Evie could sense that Tully liked her as well as how sensitive she was. I respected her for trying to face things as well, makes her more human and not remarkably irritating. I particularly enjoyed scenes when all of them are having great fun together, I would read those chapters over and over again.

Everything went smoothly until the ending, I sort of knew it was coming but I felt it was just a little abrupt, its fine to not put in too much detail and let the readers guess a little, (thats what imagination is all about) but I felt that the ending didn't leave much to our imagination...dunno its just me I suppose. its like, *splat* happy ending. I know I'm demanding but you'd probably spur some magnificent ending in your *NEXT* story! :P

Good job all the same, and keep up the good work!
jojo.102 chapter 21 . 6/9/2011
You are an amazing writer!

i LOVE your books...you should keep writing no matter what :D
580 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »