Reviews for Confessions of a Former Chew Toy
witeaya chapter 21 . 1/12/2011
yay! u completed the story! *confetti*

i have to confess something. it's been months seen i last read this story so i basically lost all the plot details. but one important thing that is so darn clear in my mind is all the ice hockey scenes. they were cool.

so i need to reread the story but im definitely not complaining cause it's an amazing read!

Tasania chapter 21 . 1/12/2011
I am so so glad you finished this story ] I've been a silent reader for the whole thing (I love Six Weeks With Satan P so I checked out your other stories) and I figured I'd drop a review to answer those questions you asked readers to ]

Which was your favorite character and why?

Tully - adorable, funny, talented, and smitten, what's not to like? ]

Are there any characters you feel I could have developed more fully?

Evie - Though, not so much that she wasn't developed fully, but more like her "awkwardness phobia" sounded contrived. I feel like you could have worked it in more naturally I guess.

Elena - you had five main characters... and only four of them had plots. I feel like she didn't have any real purpose in the story besides some British humor.

What was your favorite part of the story and why?

My favorite parts were the flashbacks to Evie and Tully's past. they were just so adorable and cute. And they did a much better job getting across their history than summaries would have done.

Are there any parts of the story you feel I neglected?

I'm not sure. Maybe Evie's inner thoughts about people? I know she had them, but I often felt they were lacking something. Almost as if she didn't really think about people that often? Unless she was having a serious problem with them, and then it was overanalyzed. I'm just not sure whether that was on purpose to get across that aspect of her character, or done accidentally, in which case maybe you should look back and see if you could fix it? In particular, her thoughts about Mischa and Amory (except for when Amroy was drunk). Oh, and over winter break, she didn't talk to Mischa at all? No phone calls, no texts, no emails? That seems very odd to me.

How do you feel I could improve my writing?

I know the story was supposed to be romance with lots of humor, but I feel like some of the humor isn't very natural to the story. I think there were a lot of places where you had a thought, went "haha! that's hilarious! I have to put that in!" and then stuck it in without taking in the "cheese" factor. If that was what you were going for, then by all means, ignore my advice. However, I personally find that more subtle humor is more enjoyable and can make a really funny story without shoving it in your reader's faces. ] I hope that didn't sound like I hated the humor, because I didn't, I enjoyed it, I just think you could make this into a spectacular story if you tried to be a bit more subtle about it.
Chisuto chapter 21 . 1/11/2011
Aww... this was such a cute story! :)

So, how does it feel to finally be done?

It was so wonderful to read this... I feel like this is one of the only few remaining original ideas on this site.

Where did you get the idea?

Thanks for posting all of this!
checkyesdana chapter 21 . 1/10/2011
I loved this, sad to see it over but happy to see it completed with a happy ending. I love Tully, he's so cute!

I'm excited to read more from you!
Weirderest chapter 21 . 1/10/2011
Oh wow, its done! And i've loved every moment of it. Although, one of my absolute favorite stories on fictionpress has always been Six Weeks With Satan, i also REALLY liked this one. It had a brilliant setting and likable characters that were really real and easy to relate to. Regarding your feedback i'm going to have to re-read this, which i will very soon and then get back to you, but my fav character is Amory. Good luck with your new story. You're an AMAZING writer and you are so going places!
SunsetRainbow chapter 21 . 1/10/2011
Haha love it! xD
luvsummer chapter 21 . 1/10/2011
Hi! Your story was great! I definitely loved Evie. I found her hilarious. Especially with all the awkward situations she gets in (like walking in on Tully) and when she was avoiding him. It definitely made me laugh. I think Elena could have been more well developed though. She didn't really stick out to me as much as the characters did and I feel like I don't really know much about her personality compared to the other characters. My favorite part of the story was when Evie walked in on Tully naked. Their reactions were so comical, I couldn't stop laughing. If people were around me, they'd probably think I was crazy lol. All in all, your story was awesome. I think you tied up all the loose ends quite well and your story and characters kept me entertained. Keep up the good work! )
NebulaBloom chapter 21 . 1/9/2011
Which was your favorite character and why?

Evie, because she is easy for me to relate to and funny with her obsessions and quirks.

Are there any characters you feel I could have developed more fully? I would have liked to see Elena developed a little more. She just seems to be the token British friend. But over all, I think all the characters were sufficiently developed.

What was your favorite part of the story and why?

The part where Evie rides up with her professor to the hockey game then runs on the ice. It was adorably awkward and romantic.

Are there any parts of the story you feel I neglected?

Maybe have schoolwork make a little more of an appearance? I know that it's not really interesting enough to play a huge role in the story, but it adds enough stress to really take a toll on people/relationships for awhile, especially at the end of the semester. Maybe include the role of schoolwork a little more.

How do you feel I could improve my writing?

Overall, your writing is a joy to read. Spelling, grammar, and format is all great. As a story, it's really well-balanced and the pacing is good. I can't really think of anything that immediately comes to mind. Maybe have your characters get upset or in serious moods a little more often.
DancingChaChaFruit chapter 21 . 1/9/2011

Lol good job on finishing! I enjoyed this mucho ).
ghurl00 chapter 21 . 1/9/2011
Amory and Elizabeth are hilarious! Love the ending. Definitely worth the wait. XD.
KarmaC chapter 21 . 1/9/2011
You have NO IDEA how excited I was to see this in my inbox. Fabulous. I'm sad that it's over though :( I can't wait to read your next story. And one can NEVER watch too much NCIS :D
Jinxed Rogue chapter 21 . 1/9/2011
::hugs woodstock:: This was an amazing story, and I loved every minute of it. I totally know how you're feeling, and I later used it in my writing. Everything happens for a reason.

As far as life goes, "Bring it on!"
nittany chapter 20 . 1/8/2011
Love this story! It was easy to get into, in fact, I had to come back from winter break early and with no one at school I read the whole thing straight through. Keep it going! I'm almost glad you only have 1-2 chapters yet because I couldn't handle Tully and Evie having a wrench thrown into their relationship!
natalie95 chapter 1 . 11/15/2010

i just wanted to say that FINALLY i found a story that is interesting can u believe that i have been looking for a good story since like yesterday, gosh well anyways i am glad i found one finally i guess u can say i am very picky about what stories i am reading. i like this story b/c its different all the stories i have seen are like super cliche dont get me wrong i sometimes like cliche stories but sometimes its a bit too much u know? that didnt make since did it? i mean when i think how bad my love life is ithen i would read cliche stories to bring my mood up so i just like this story hopefully i will read more of ur writing

Lauren chapter 11 . 11/1/2010
So I just finished reading this chapter, and I'm pretty sure I actually know someone on the US hockey team they played... he's actually one of the top 2011 NHL draft picks. Just thought it was a bit funny that you wrote about Cornell playing them.

And I know I'm not all the way through to the end of your posts yet, but I've come to love the story now that I've begun reading earlier today... definitely has me procrastinating my homework... I'm really anxious to see what happens in the coming chapters :)
584 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »