Reviews for I Won't
songforsummer chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I'm a Christian myself, But I'm not the type to force God on people, as in If You ask me, I'd talk. So yeah, I can relate with this poem, one of my really good friends is an Atheist, another Hindu and another Muslim. Sometimes, I think it's better to embrace the difference. Because forcing people to listen, just pushes them To you :)
Julie chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
I really like the story behind this poem. Friends shouldn't try to change their friends. People should like others because they're different. I think your friend was wrong in this one, he(Or she) may believe but that doesn't mean he should try to make you believe as well.

I like the poem It was really good.
Pheonixflower-the-Immortal chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
Wow... that's just... incredible. My personal feelings are that organized religion is one of the world's biggest problems, and I've taken some heat for that... so it's very assuring for me to discover that difference in belief can cause even the closest of friends to fight.

(sudden horror)

AUGH! Oh my God, sorry, I swear I am NOT saying it's good you and your friend fought over this, it's just that... well...

...Honestly, I have no clue how to put it... I'll stop now. (I sound like an insensitive bitch.)
miscellanea chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Your word choice was very earnest and I think suited your topic. I too don't belive that people should excessively push faith on someone else. I'm not an atheist, but I think that any religion that looks down on another in any way is flawed. Well that would mean that most religions are flawed, lol. Tolerance is my thing. Nice poem.
jane1313 chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
I loved this! I've got religous friends now, and it's fine, but I've had friends who just wanted to 'save my soul'.

It's tough, particularly if you still love them. It's good to know I'm not the only one.
AlphaNess chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
I agree that religion should never come between a freindship, we should live with our differences, opinions and beleifs. But bear in mind, we should be able to express our opinions on such matters and listen and see if its what we truly believe in.
S. M. Saves chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
A true expression of emotions. The only hope I can offer is that maybe your friend will realize how silly she's being by preaching her religion to others. You have your beliefs and she has hers. It's nice to see that at least you've grown to know that everyone is different. Well done.
Vector Phantom chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
That was such a sad but beautiful poem.

I hope your friend comes to realize that you shouldn't let religion ruin a good thing.

I hope things work out with a happy ending.
Thurayya chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I'm sorry you had to go through that-something similar happened to me, and now I don't talk to that person anymore. It does sort of suck, being an atheist-I've had people call me stupid for "not having faith", I've had people stare at me as if I had just said that I practice human sacrifice, etc.

An important distinction that one has to learn is that it isn't between atheism and Christianity-or should I say religion; those two in themselves, while contradictory, can exist peacefully alongside each other. Its between atheists and the religious-the atheists who attack the religious for their beliefs, and the religious who attack the atheists for theirs; to be sure, it seems as if us atheists are under more heavy fire, since the vast majority of the world believes in /something/.

The trick is to find friends who love you for you, not for who you could be. I have many friends whose religion-Christianity, Ba'Hai, Islam, Judaism, Hindu-is a huge part of their lives and their persons. But we just don't try to convert each other. :)

Good luck,