Reviews for Stranger I Love
gladiany chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Well if this poem is about you, you did well in expressing yourself. I'd show the poem to my father if I were you... to make him see how I feel... :( and Shay.. you don't have to be the same way your father was or is..or whatever the case is.. if there is a case.. okay, im getting wordy here... wonderful work...very real.. very moving.. I've felt that way sometimes too... I don't know if I'd be a good mom.. you don't know either.. but you can learn to love your child.. and to be a good mom... can't be completely perfect mom but i think you have the potential to get very close to being a perfect mom... anyway..hope i didnt bore you with my words... or that you feel like im intruding in your feelings... love you...
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
for the first time, i can relate so much to a poem. There are some parts where my own thoughts were reflected in your piece. Thankyou.
SassyLil'Thunderstorm chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Aww, girl that was heart-wrenching and beautiful. You said what I never could; either because I never have been able to feel those feelings for someone so absent, or because somewhere deep down I do feel it, but don't wanna be that 'tv stereotype', who knows? Gotta love how those 'men' just all of a sudden get a consience and decide to show up to try and ease it. My father is cool, but I don't see him as that. He's just some dude that I chill with sometimes. My mother's my father, nice try dude. Fail!

And whoa 6 months? Watch out for the big girls! Lol, you know I had to end with a joke ;)
Averybarbarian chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
. . . I know how you feel. I grew up simularly. I knew my mother loved me but I could never honestly say that my father did as well. He was abuseive and convinced me that I was dirt and the scum of the earth yet I spent ever moment of my time trying to earn his affections to hear for one moment that he loved me. I worked myself far beyond what most would consider safe to earn his affections but nothing. He introduced me on one occasion to one of his friends as his "Ugly daughter" I hated myself and gave up on him however, on the day I moved out he told me he loved me more than I had ever heared him say to me in my entire life but it was too late... now he wont acknowledge the fact that I even live. ~sigh~ Sorry about the little rant. Your poem was well job. Those who haven't gone through this after reading this would begin to understand... Well done