Reviews for The Jade Dragon
Olivrayna chapter 12 . 10/26/2012
This was a beautiful story. Thank you for writing it. I'm going to go read more of your stories, now.
HikaruWinter chapter 12 . 9/29/2012
I'm stalking you from now on!
Amazing. I don't know how I got here, but I don't care. I utterly loved this story! You're a genious!
I'd have reviewed in all chapters but... my internet is shit, so I'll have to give it like 8 tries before this can be sent... damned internet!
I'm going to read now the rest of this Anomaly Arc you've mentioned. I'm still curious about Vane's family! I got hooked when I read the first chapter that mentioned them (his dad was AMAZING *W*),and when you inputed the Seer and whatnot thingy? I fell in love -that's my brain's fault. I'm a sucker for magic and mitology-.
Just so you know: You. are. the. boss.
That said, and following my morals of 'If you review, constructive criticism must appear!' I know I should deffinitely tell you that you should have went deeper in their families stories and maybe a little extra background for each character (I didn't get Migs all that well, alythough Vane's was perfect. Simple yet explicative.), and, exacly for that, Miguel's perspective wasn't exploited as much as it could. But I'm content with Vane's point of view -in most chapters, anyway-.
But, -if I remember correctly- you did put a couple of Migs perspectives here and there, right? As I've already told you, Vane's perspective is well-rounded and explicative, yet simple, exactly what is neccesary to keep a reader's interest. But you really should have exploited other character's POV's. It would have made this awersome piece even more awesome! Imagine the possibilities! D: You would have added more deepth (gee, I wish english was my first language Dx) to the story as well as a more realistic characterization of the 'extras' and Migs, that, really. Such a nice person, but not enough instrospection -please don't kill me :'3-.
And, what else? Ah, yes. Migs is spanish, allright -he's a González, I'm a Domínguez, yeah. The only surnames of the 'topic four' that are absent are Fernández and Martínez *srugs*-, but he didn't have any... err... how do you see that again? Um. He doesn't have any spanish tick? Sorry. I don't remember how to say that... but you get me, right? ;w; He always talks in perfect english, something that not even those with spaniard descent are able to do -they usually spill the shit out when they get mad. Or angry. Or have a panic attac. I know. I did. We get all blank and just talk instinctivelly. And when we're upset or confused? Or vocabullary goes on vacation. With our brain. And we sulk like bitches-.
But you did really good! REALLY! You don't have to know about our quirks (ha! I remembered! Take that, brain! Wait...). If you ever need help about a spaniard character you can just contact me if you want, for next time! I'll even give you translations to neverending-rants!
...
I feel like an asshole now. I'm sorry. Should have just commented. You don't deserve the 'lower the ego before they hit the roof' talk ;w; I really loved this story. I'll try to make advertisements in a couple of forums I frequent! I promise!
Well, then. I'll be stalking you!
And now I roll *rolls out*
R. Ficst chapter 12 . 5/17/2012
Very nicely done. I'm not feeling in a particularly eloquent mood at the moment, so I hope something short and simple will suffice. I really just want to say that yet again I've really enjoyed your storytelling. Leonora's actions are quite interesting, and everything about Vane's struggling emotions, and her conflict as well, came out as very real. ...now I'm off to read the next one!
R. Ficst chapter 10 . 5/17/2012
oh mannn. Had to giggle at how you used "oof" as a verb. ;)
Ghostmoon Dancer chapter 12 . 2/6/2011
Amazing story! So good :) I liked it very much, as well as the other two. I'm now off to look at your other fic. Your very talented at story telling :)
pygmy owl chapter 12 . 8/15/2010
I don't know why this story got so few reviews. It's really great! I wish I could see more of how Miguel and Vane met and how Miguel fell in love with him. But overall, great plotline, loveable characters, well written with just a few spelling and other mistakes, but it wasn't too distracting.
Dark Lynnette chapter 12 . 7/28/2010
I liked how the journey to find love wasn't so easy for Vane. I also liked the pacing of the story, although I was confused about the time jump from the first to the second chapter, but quickly caught on from there. Thanks.
PyroTech chapter 12 . 7/21/2010
Loved this one too
rjaldi chapter 12 . 6/27/2010
I just read this entire thing, and I am amazed. I loved it; the characters were so rich and interesting, particularly Miguel and Vane. I kind of want to see more of Vane and Marcus' family, though; they're weird and yet interesting, with this mystic connection that kind of fascinates me. Plus, we haven't seen their reaction to Vane's new lover, although we can probably guess from what's already here...sounds like an interesting drabble opportunity, if you are ever bored. :D

I really like how Vane's struggle with the gay issue is much more subtle, and how it's more of an undercurrent to his struggle over his feelings for Miguel, and his hope for feelings for Leonora. I honestly thought he felt more for Leonora until the last couple of chapters...and I think that he probably did too, which works out well. :D

Anyway, good job, and again, LOVE Miguel and Vane.
Shiri-Matakami chapter 12 . 6/13/2010
Love love love. Miguel. Like. So much.

And Vane's reaction to him, like when he was chased by him in the beginning of the story and he was /scared/ like he was being hunted was beautiful.

I could almost touch the fear is was so crisp and new and natural? Like morning dew to make a completely retarded comparison.

But I was hoping that Miguel was a dragon, because he was all hoard-y and possessive and /gentle/. These stories are just amazing.

I am very sad that I didn't find these earlier. Your writing definitely deserve to be noticed and read. How you make everything meaningful and romantic?

Your stories are just so easy to read, almost like they are soft in how they are written. They are just the thing that I needed.

Thanks for being so awesome an writing these great stories. I am very much looking forward to reading the rest of the ones that you have here.
Hell's first Icicle chapter 12 . 5/16/2009
i just read through the first three in this arc, and i guess it's safe to say that you have a new addict. i loved each and every character in all of these stories, and can't wait to read more. are you still continuing with the next story anytime soon?
elyrian chapter 12 . 3/10/2009
That was a great ending to a lovely story. I enjoyed reading this one as well. Thanks so much for sharing. Please keep up the good work!
Teldra chapter 12 . 10/13/2008
This is really sweet! I like how you've subtly entwined the normal alongside a semi-hidden magical world in this series and how it is treated as almost incidental while the main focus remains on the romance. Lovely story.
calabra silverwolf chapter 12 . 10/13/2008
Well, that was awesome. i had just finished reading your other fic, Velvet Ribbon, and I was hoping you had written more in the same universe, and much to my suprise, you had. Anyways, this fic was wonderful, I love how you described Vane's inner turmoil and his confusion over Miguel. And now I'm off to see what else you've written.
Wittyilynamed chapter 12 . 9/19/2008
It's a shame more people haven't reviewed. What I tend to do if I really like an author is read all their stories and then only comment on one. XD It's a bad habit but I really like to have something to give the author, you know? I've decided that I might as well just say hi and I appreciate your stories. Which I do. I liked this whole series alot, and your Special Ops one and I'm sure I'll like all the others!

Anyway, thanks so much for taking time to write these stories, I love them! And I'm definitely hoping for more.

SINCERELY,