Reviews for Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl
We Used To Wait chapter 9 . 6/22/2010
As always, you write beautifully, but did you have to take such a long break? I miss this story so much, and just the other day I was wondering whether you were going to update sometime soon. I'm glad you did, because I love this chapter. Nothing is so far out and this story sounds exactly like a slice-of-life.

And the way you write gets people to feel the same way Remy feels sometimes. When she was confronted by Dean's parents I felt tense as well. When Remy is pissed at Blake, sometimes I feel the same way. People are able to understand it more than just reading the script like a bunch of instructions. I guess I can say it's one of my favourite stories at the moment.

Hopefully you update soon! Thanks.

love.
pseudonymlost chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I'm not usually one to review on this site. I mean, I used to be, but now I'm more of a lurker, I just sort of read what I want and then wander off, letting myself become a statistic instead of a more active, and probably more enjoyable, sort of a reader. However, I'm making an exception for this. I found it late last night, when I really should have been studying for the week of exams that began today, but I was drawn in by the kickass Wes Anderson pen name, and the Broken Social Scene title and the Radiohead chapters and then I was chained to the computer by your wonderful style of writing. Really. I just find it so engaging, and the depth of the characters and the edgy feel of the work that you're producing is very much refreshing for someone, such as myself, who spends a great deal of time digging through the stories on this site and, at this point, expects the light cliched work, and not much else, as a form of easy, but sort of mediocre, escapism. I just wanted to say that this is a whole other standard, I found myself building up the story's world in my mind, the narrative acting as a fuel for my imagination. So yeah... not one to stand by while an author pulls some serious tricks without commenting, let me just say that your taste in film is awesome, your taste in music is awesome and your story is awesome. I do hope that this'll be updated sometime relatively soon, 'cause I just can't wait to devour it.
Nausikaa chapter 8 . 3/24/2010
Hehe, I keep forgetting how good this is. Nice work. :) Hope to see another update soon.
G0bSmackt chapter 8 . 2/13/2010
I love this story. It's really very good. Your description is wonderful and the characters are entirely believable. And you've only just begun...

Can't wait for the next chapter. Hope it's soon. Great work!
into the black chapter 8 . 1/24/2010
Ahh new chapter. Finally. Ahem. Heh...no hint there.

I actually like Connor. He's not so much of a creep. Definitely better than Blake, at least. So I don't quite remember much...is Dean on holiday break from college or something?

I just took the time to look at the chapter names and realized they're all Radiohead songs (except for the first chapter)...any particular reason? Eh whatever, Radiohead is amazing.

Oh and Skins series 4 starts this Thursday. I'm very excited haha.
We Used To Wait chapter 8 . 1/23/2010
Quite of a few of the lines I read really remind me of how good a writer you are. I can't remember which lines they were in the chapter, and I'm too lazy too search. But your writing is beautiful, and almost every sentences is written so.

That drug dealer seemed awfully nice. Is she going to meet him again? Just curious...

Remy's story is so exciting and unusual and depressing. She makes it seem as if some of the dilemmas she faces are normal, and that is what's scary. The constant reminders of her inability to moves on because of Edwin's death is seriously depressing. Makes me hope that there is a good ending, but sometimes, I think that there won't be. But I really think there might be. :)

I love the ending. It's not cliche, thank god. None of it was. And even though cliches hold some truth to them, they're rarely used in the rights ways or circumstances or the right times. So yeah, I love it.

I wish you would updated sooner since the intervals are so long, you almost forget what happens in the last chapter. But I understand that it might be a busy year(s) for you. Take your time, and I'll be so happy if the chapter is at least decent. Just don't abandon the story. :) The other day I was sifting through my favourites, and I was wondering if this story was indeed abandoned. But thankies it isn't!

Update soon. (or in time)

love.
emotionless-stares chapter 6 . 1/23/2010
Finally! Some confrontation
emotionless-stares chapter 5 . 1/23/2010
I can never imagine living my life like she does. She's in a deep hole and hopefully Dean can save her.
emotionless-stares chapter 4 . 1/23/2010
Finally! They meet again. Can't wait to read what happens.
emotionless-stares chapter 3 . 1/23/2010
Ugh. It's so depressing what's happening to everyone. I can only hope that something happens to wake them up.
emotionless-stares chapter 2 . 1/23/2010
I love Dean already. Can't wait for them to see each other again.
emotionless-stares chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Wow. Amazing description. Love this story already.
walcott chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
I can honestly say that my physics grade has severely lowered since I came across this story. I know I'm only on chapter one, but this shows a ridiculous amount of promise. You've grown so much from the Accidentally in Love days, I'm really glad to be a part of it
helzyeah chapter 7 . 11/6/2009
oh golly! the reason i opened up your story was the name. broken social scene! love em! but im so glad i did cause this story is not only deep and thought provoking its well written! this story reminds me so much of the TV show skins. have you seen it? i would say season 3 fits it best. any way. im glad i discovered it and i really cant wait for the next chapter. :)
into the black chapter 7 . 9/21/2009
I don't know if you're familiar with the UK series Skins, but Remy is exactly like Effy, the main character in the show. And Blake would be Cook, Dean would be Freddie. Character wise, they're almost twins. Especially Remy and Effy. The way they dress is even similar with the whole grunge Docs, skimpy tank tops, and what not. Not to mention the drug habit.

Anyways, I was going off on a tangent. I really like what's happening so far. You write with substance, ya know? I was getting really tired of reading the same old story with the same old humored cliches but you write in a dark, poignant way. Keep the updates coming!
77 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »