Reviews for Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl
We Used To Wait chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
Mm, I like how not-cliche or predictable it is. A lot of elements in this story are original. I like it! And Remy's unrequited feelings just suck. Ftw, 'Remy' is an awesome name.
We Used To Wait chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Okay, you won my interest. I love how you write. Just something about this writing style almost gets to me. She not dramatic or anything. I love that. :)

Sad, about Edwin. I hate it when the guy dies.
sunsetting chapter 6 . 8/28/2009
so.. i'm not really good at this review-for-every-chapter stuff, but i'll try to give it a go, since i really like this.. yeah. anyway.

um. this is probably just me (because i have an awful attention span) but long paragraphs are kind of a turnoff. my eyes kind of glaze over long blocks of texts :x but that really might just be me.

but i liked all the character interaction in here. especially the first part - remy &her mother. i like that her mother had past, even though you kind of formatted it into a sorta "tell/not show" way.. but it kind of worked, i think. i really liked some of the lines, though, ex: "She loved Tennessee Williams and Chekhov and believed that the heartbreak and tragedies illustrated by each playwright..." & "All of her acting skills couldn’t withstand the charm of Charlie Gardener.", to name a few. but back to character interaction. i like how obvs that remy's fam is so disjointed right now and just.. there, you know? like they all live under the same roof but nothing more. uh yeah. i like that.

&the letter remy writes to edwin. that's just really.. incred. i love the ideas and words and cynicism in here :) so realistic. i mean, i actually think like this kinda stuff - can easily relate, but not to that extent, you know?

&dean. ohmann this is so good. and the dialogue - throughout the chapter/story i mean - it's really.. realistic? that's not really the word i'm looking for, but yeah, it's good.

so uh, yeah. personally, it's your poetry, the way you string words, that i really really love. the present-tense helps too, i think. but anyhow, i'm starting to like remy too. uhh. i can't really think of any critique or concrit or whatever right now, but keep it up 'cause i'd reallyreally/really/ like to see more of this !

..and sorry if this reviews turns out sort of long. :x
mlle wolf chapter 6 . 8/28/2009
Poor Remy, Poor Dean. I really hope you write more.
Xenn.be.Twisted chapter 6 . 8/26/2009
Damn. This is really interesting. I love the debates over... Life, I guess. Very deep.

Please, write more,

Xenn
Killian I chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I like this; it flows well and Remy's voice is very real.
Raingypsy chapter 4 . 8/10/2009
Hey. this is really good. I'm interested to read more.

Please update soon!
Jada Writes chapter 4 . 8/7/2009
Oh my gosh, I can't wait to meet Dean again! Thanks for another great chapter, and I hope for another one soon!
swellhats chapter 4 . 8/6/2009
i love the picture you're painting for this story. i'm excited to view the next chapter, update soon!
too tired to log in chapter 4 . 8/6/2009
hey i just started reading your story and i think you got a good thing going. One question why wasnt Edwin at college and instead at home? Please update soon!
sunsetting chapter 4 . 8/6/2009
again, i love the way you string words together. really. it's incredible. you write &create all these images that i can, uh, you know, actually see happening. yeah. it's good.

but yeah, anyways, characters &the plot - remy is so self-destructive, and i know you know that, but it's still incredible. in a completely &heartbreakingly realistic way too. i mean, this kind of stuff actually happens, but when you're not the person, then... well. you know how it goes. this really isn't the standard fp fare &it's really devastating. &i know remy doesn't want my sympathy, ha. dean is like that little bit of pre-times.

this story is pretty brill, no joke.
sunsetting chapter 3 . 8/4/2009
this is so incredible. the way you link ideas &the way it jumps, but not really jumping altogether, is beautiful. your descriptions are so - and i hate to call it this - perfect. it sounds like i'm just saying this for flattery's sake or something, but i really mean it. the words you pick and the way you use them to throw up descriptions are something else entirely. if i could ¬ feel bad about it, i would steal some of these lines. &remy's reaction/s to her brother's death... so good. i love the way you put together this whole thing so far... it's definitely not cookie-cutter and it's so tragic and devastating to see this kind of transformation... and i just want to read more of it.

but well, on a technicalities note, since you're considering publishing- sometimes, there are some words missing & a misplaced modifier here and there, but a read-over can just easily fix that, i think. and that's not much.

but, really, this is really good. i'd definitely like to see more out of this.
sgwx chapter 3 . 8/4/2009
Well done, once again. I can find no faults to this. Keep it coming!

-S

P.S. If you're interested in getting this published... have you considered posting this up on authonomy? You'll get more legitimate criticism from editors, writers, and the likes.
Wakao chapter 3 . 8/3/2009
You're an incredible writer.

I love all the details in this story, and the way you use words. Can't wait to read more.
Jada Writes chapter 2 . 8/3/2009
Your three-dimensional characters are amazing. I can't wait for the next chapter.
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »