Reviews for Courting Lady Luck
Jave Harron chapter 8 . 8/4/2010
Okay, finally caught up on this. Some of the chapters seem to jump around, probably due to being written over a comparatively longer bit of time. The fist fight in this chapter seemed over two fast, and I imagine someone with military training should know something like zero gravity martial arts. (Imagining zero or low gravity grappling and jujitsu allows for plenty of tumbling and awesome moves...)

A lot of the story's dialogue heavy, not a lot of action or description. What does each character look like? What do they smell like? What do they sound like?

Still, some of the set up might be skipped over if you had them retrieving the box first, showing some tension in the crew, and then the events of this chapter.
eiyuang999 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
hi !

Michael Howard chapter 3 . 8/10/2009
I missed Sheng but still found this an enjoyable chapter. Nice job with the disparate personalities on the ship.
Michael Howard chapter 2 . 8/3/2009
I guess some out-of-space dangers are more terrifying than others 8-) Sheng likes to push himself, doesn't he?
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Not much to comment on as of yet, but the prose of this introduction is smooth and competent - not unlike Sheng himself.
Jave Harron chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
Good to see this story is still being updated! A good action packed chapter, and hoping for more!
dreamshell chapter 2 . 8/19/2008
Good to see an update. ;)

Hmm... a few minor typos throughout. Might wanna do a quick edit. Otherwise, it's good.

Might Shuey be something of a reference to Dune's Dr. Yueh? Also, is the Martian perhaps a reference to Stranger In A Strange Land? The suspended animation bit in particular seemed reminiscent to me.

Liking it so far, though some description of the characters would be nice.
Jave Harron chapter 2 . 8/15/2008
Okay, interesting flashback, but a comment. You mention human "sentience." The correct term would be "sapience," since "sentient" merely refers to being aware of surroundings. Sapience refers to the ability to consciously think.
dreamshell chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Nice setup. D I'll keep my eye on this.
Jave Harron chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Off to a good start with Sheng doing the repairs. Hoping to see some interesting things soon.