Reviews for Before Redemption
drops of rain chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
EPIC.
ChasingtheDaylight chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
There are so many vivid images and deep ideas in this. You did a great job describing the feelings of being lost and hurt before finding redemption.

We really are prisoners of our our device.
Yorkensmorkenstein chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Oh, I like it. This is one of the only poems I've read that doesn't make me want to spill my guts in a review. Happy Face!
Isca chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
I love Dante's work, so naturally, I like that you wrote a type of 'response' to it :)

"O Lord, be my saviour, from this death that is my own." You know, I daresay this line should be written in some epic poem, where only the wisest souls should be allowed to glimpse at it. This poem is phenomenal. I'm awe-struck!

Your talent is immeasurable!

-Isca
thegreatfool chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
I loved the use of the prison metaphor in this piece. It fit in really well with the imagery you used to describe the state of dying and made the poem flow from one line to the next nicely.

My biggest complaint though would be your closing line. There is just something about the phrasing "death that is my own" that strikes me as rather flat. By this point the reader can surmise that the person is dying and I think that, as the last line of a poem is an incredibly important one, it should be something more than a statement of simple, recognized fact. It should provide a sense of "closure" to the piece that I feel is just missing. I hope that makes sense.

I really did enjoy it overall though. Rather inspirational if I do say so myself.
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
i like this too. it's really nice. it's nice to see some other christian authors. i just try to put my poems under the category "general" so others look at it and hopefully feel god's power through the words. i mean, that's what we're after, right?