Reviews for W h a t H u m a n s A r e
Brittany Jonas chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
I loved it! Wonderfully written. I enjoyed reading a created story. I hate near rhymes though; only criticism. Wonderful in itself. I like the extended metaphor a lot, the figurative language was a perfect approach; always a winner.

Kudos, Philip. I love your poetry.
Little Girl chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
wow! another i haven't reviewed / i shall have to get better at this ] lol!

...i dont even know where to start besides the fact that you are so BEYOND AMAZING i have no clue how you came to write this..im dying to know whats behind it...but it is just i dont know wow! like...wow! and the question Why are humans what humans are ...and the curious boy character...and how the different (not sure what to call them) but the sun and moon and all that and how they are used...amazing! i wish i could write as awesome as you do! but i cant so i guess i will just have to keep reading yours and be amazed everytime by the awesomeness! ] lol so KEEP WRITING! _!

..haha another longish one ] and the sugar high continues!../ and i still cant think of my password /..oh well ]
Namesake'sSake chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Wow.

What more can I say?

This is an insanely well-made poem. Where did you get the inspiration? The themes, the characters, especially Curious Boy, mesh together perfectly, I only wish they had further character development. The ending was breath taking-ah, or should I say, the whole poem was breath taking and the last line-intoxicating.
Fuocoso chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
This is really good too :) Sometimes the rhyming is a bit forced but for the most part it flowed really well. I really like the concept.
one-touch lamp chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
I...

won't say this to you in person, simply because I'd say it wrong.

But really, truly, this is the best piece I've ever read of yours. And i cannot mean that any more sincerely than i do right now.

at first, your meter pattern threw me a bit, but after a while, the story inevitably drew me in. so much so that the strange rhythm seemed to fit it perfectly.

some of your word choices surprised me; some confused me (as to what you wanted them to mean, to...allude to).

and there is JUST ONE "you're" when it should have been "your"

Otherwise, it was just...wonderful.

Simple, yet profound. And I actually like the fact that you never did answer CuriousBoy's question (although i was dying to know!). Some people may not like that fact, because it's awfully ambiguous, and of course, because there are so many others out there who think they know the answer.

but i like this narrative poem, because it focuses on the question, not the answer. because it IS much more important to ask the question, to strive to starvation, like CuriousBoy does, to ask, and ask, and ask.

So, I say,

Bravo. Bravissimo.

P.S. ever thought about summitting it to a competition?