Reviews for heart trimming
loversdream17 chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Very well done comparing the tuning of ones faith in the lord to a haircut and trimming away the dead parts that aren't suppose to be.

Great job.

Mandi(loversdream17)
shadow-of-a-trackless-sea chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
I really like your unusual ideas in this of a haircut for the heart, very catchy. Again I don't feel that the ending paragraph was very good but I loved the rest )
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
"but the split ends are ruining my appeal to you." the phrase appeal to you just sounded really awkward to me.

I do however like the whole split ends hair/heart thing, that was really unique and interesting.

I think the piece was a bit wordy in spots. "growing in," the stanza about hair cutting and heart trimming. "make my heart your home to do so," "break me away from everything/cut me off from everything"

I also didn't think you needed to bold that word, but other than those two things I really liked the piece because as I said the metaphor was really unique and interesting. Nicely done.
Maziana chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
This should probably be under the spirituality section, but it is a good poem. I like how you started with the abstract (faith, pure, etc) and then went to the literal with the comparison to hair growing in. I would suggest not mentioning that the dyed part in "my wavy, dyed hair." Unless you are going to reference the fact that the hair is dyed later in the poem, I think you should not mention it. But that is just my opinion. Very good poem.
PoetryQueen chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I really liked how you used getting a hair cut to demonstrate how God can change lives. I liked it and it was very good. Some parts didn't flow to well, most of it did. Other than that, great job! Favorites!