Reviews for Let Them Wear Black
aberlemno chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I love the line "For today's a day of joy's utter lack," and the image of "black and boundless jades." I think I know what you're saying in the second part of the poem, that although you love someone you still understand that's what happens, but I don't know if I totally understand the change from the first part, where everything is traditionally sad... Is it that it's just a show of mourning, because that's what people expect...?

Anyway the general idea of it reminded me of Violet Jacob's poem Maggie... "Naethin bides but what our herts remember- Maggie, ye'll na forget?" But there is also a lot of hope, and acceptance, in it. I could type the whole thing our here but then you'd see this and think it's the most wonderfully in-depth review ever, when in fact it's just me inflicting Scots poetry on you. Even if I may not utterly get it, I really like this. And I think I do get it, I just can't explain exactly how. (uh, yeah, I'll shut up now. sorry.)
wordsofjade chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
You definetly have a way with words! Beautiful writing and I think I'm seeing what you're saying. XD
Kavita Najim chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
I adore the last line.

It is completely and utterly epic.