Reviews for GooseSwan
katrina chapter 27 . 3/8/2010
i'm totally hooked on this story, i started calling my cats furbabies now everyone thinks im insane! well done though it is such a beautiful story!
Elise Brooks chapter 7 . 3/1/2010
i thought you'd like to know there are only notations of which words should be italicized, or bolded and it detracts from our (absolutely wonderful) story as a whole.
GoldenEyedFury chapter 27 . 2/3/2010
i really liked this i hope you continue to write about the last chance traveling show. it is really interesting.
AndItMovesUsAll chapter 27 . 1/26/2010
Oh Wow. I loved this one even more! I was a little shocked at the ending with Kirk but it fitted and im glad that he was dealt with. In the last chapter however, at the beginning with Kirk, his name changed to Kurt and Karl at some points, which was confusing.

But seriously, this was such an amazing story! Callie is such an interesting character, i love that shes not the conventional victim but shes still believeable. I have to admit when it got to her meeting Dmitri, and they said they loved eachother literally at their first meeting, i did do a double take, but as you furthered their relationship it made more sense. However when Dimitri first heard her sing and said 'shes the one' to Stefan, i assumed that there was some kind of Faun thing that means they immediately know when they meet their soulmate, because he was hooked right away, without seeing her, but as the story went on it wasnt really explained..?

But Callies and Dmitris realtionship was beautiful, i loved the way they were so comfortable with eachother right away.

And The Last Chance Travelling Show is one of the best things about this book, just the whole lifestyle and the weird and interesting creatures that belong to it, and the way they all act like family, the fantasy aspect really made this.
Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 12 . 1/8/2010
This chapter was just full of sweetness. I loved their easy conversations and the touching moments. At this point I was kind of jealous and wishing for my own Dmitri. Because where are the men who know how to treat one woman well, and not just treat women as plentiful livestock or decorative ornaments? Someone like Dmitri who always knows just what to say, and knows the significance of something as small as little birds on a featherbed. I think it was this quality of Dmitri that truly endeared him to me as a really great man in general, and especially for Callie. Someone who would encourage her, and also she would help him in turn.

I just really loved the way he proposed to her too, even though it was sudden. It just seemed like both of them to not put too much pomp into it. They do what they say they'll do.

The end was the sweetest thing EVER! Where he says he found his 'Hannah,' I was just incredibly happy with this chapter and with where the story was going.

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 11 . 1/8/2010
I was really anxious to see how Callie and Lucy would act together, but it worked off really well. They seemed to be perfect girlfriends, and on top of that, they could really share secrets and Lucy could give her a much needed make-over. I really liked the fact that Callie was slowly getting into the hearts and minds of everyone. Callie would not only get a love, but als o friends, I was incredibly happy.

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 10 . 1/8/2010
YAY! It was in this chapter that my hopes were finally fulfilled! I thought it was sweet that Dmitri had to get man advice on how to deal with Callie. Not to scare her off and such. It seemed like such a normal moment, from one man to another, right before the big 'meeting'

And you really exceeded my expectations. Somehow you managed to capture the exact feeling of first love, with all of the hair-raising and tense moments. As well as the beautiful ones. I felt my heart absolutely melt when you put in the part about Dmitri knowing he was going to love her forever. I thought finally, Callie really gets something she Ya-Ya agrees. at this point, I really wanted Callie to do what she promised, just run off with them and leave already.

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 9 . 1/8/2010
I LOVED Shadi and Marina! Especially the respect that Marina shows Callie, and the fact that we get to hear a little about the background of Marina.

I LOVED how everyone Callie meets loves her in their own way, and say that she would be a perfect addition to the Chancers.

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 8 . 1/8/2010
I liked this chapter, but I was also kind of frustrated that she STILL hadn't met him. I really like how you did the interaction between Ya-Ya and Callie. She still shows her strengths, and Callie doesn't whine or moan or cry. I also liked the way Ya-Ya viewed Callie, with both respect and sympathy.

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 7 . 1/8/2010
Callie finally sets off on her own to satisfy her curiosity!1 This cahpter really made me yearn for the next chapter, because I knew exciting things were going to happen. She (I hoped) was finally going to meet him! I also like how you did the heart-warming scene with Ya-Ya and Dmitri, and then quickly switch to the harsh scene between Callie and her father.

One is encouraged to grow and the other is stifled, I just really wanted Callie to be happy and stick it to her father and Kirk at this point, and you really didn't disappoint!

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 6 . 1/8/2010
YAY! More of Callie and Dmitri! I also really like how she keeps on thinking of him and HE KNOWS! haha, anyway, there was also a little bit about her past that I really liked, because I had been wondering how she hadn't gotten pregnant already, but you always gave the little details and never disappointed, so I found my answer!

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 5 . 1/8/2010
YAY! This marked the first (sort of) interaction between Dmitri and Callie! I love the originality of the songs that Callie sings, i think I forgot to mention that. I also like how this chapter introduces even more of the Chancers.

I really liked the thought that Callie and Dmitri would go together!

I LOVED it!

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 4 . 1/8/2010
I really liked how you introduced Kirk into the story. This just makes it known to the reader that without a doubt Kirk represents the scum of the earth and mankind. It also initiates the awful cycle between Kirk and Callie, but I really liked how, even at such a terrible moment, Callie doesn't submit fully. There's always a part of her that fights back. There is also a bit of foreshadowing here that I could only pick up on after A LOT of re-reading, that even Kirk thinks Callie is strange.

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 3 . 1/8/2010
This really was a long and detailed account about how much Callie's life really sucked, and how dreadful a man her father was. But I kind of liked that she still had a little bit of spunk in her, even though she can't show it to her father. This is only the beginning in showing Callie's inner strength... But At this point, to be honest, I couldn't wait until Callie met Dmitri!

Star-Garden-Moonlight-Memory chapter 2 . 1/8/2010
This chapter really introduces Dmitri, and sort of gives the background information whiich is very important. I REALLY LOVE Lucy, in the story she is one of my favourite characters after Dmitri and Kalliope, I also liked the word choice in names because of what Kalliope actually means, and Ya-Ya, I love Ya-Ya too.

Then after this, we finally get to meet Callie :D

I really loved this chapter most of all because there was a lot of comedy before we really hit the sad life of Callie, and in a way you can compare and contrast both of their lives. One that was so happy and the other that was so sad.
205 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »