Reviews for Wings
Werdna73 chapter 6 . 6/4/2013
Very good. I like that each of your characters have distinct personalities, I can picture each of them easily. Most of your descriptions are on an outstanding level and clearly describe the scene.
Werdna73 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Wow. This is amazing, very wonderfully written. You painted a vivid and living image o what was happening. There was a perfect mix of action, fear, and descriptions. This first chapter gives the same impression as those in the novels of Clive Cusseler, setting the scene for future actions.
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 13 . 4/7/2009
Wow, not a totally unexpected turn of events, but strange nonetheless.
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 12 . 12/9/2008
I'm reading! Don't stop! It is a little rough, but it is good writing, I would like to see that you have up your sleeves.
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 8 . 12/9/2008
She is a spy now, this promising to get complicated.
Jenny Rocker chapter 8 . 11/9/2008
Hey! I'm so glad to see an update!

Things appear to be getting more and more complicated...

Hope you continue to update. Can't wait to read more :)
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 6 . 10/17/2008
Is there any particular reason this story hasn't seen any recent updates?

Looking forward to more
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Nice start, beautiful use of imagery, and I love the character introduction
Counting Petals chapter 6 . 9/13/2008
Review Marathon! (-points to link on profile-)

I keep meaning to finish this...I guess I will now )

I like the tension between Lena and Isaac/Katya, because it could make things very interesting between them.

I also like your descriptions because they're really bringing your world to life. I can visualize everything clearly, which is good. I also find the magical theory interesting.
Jenny Rocker chapter 5 . 8/17/2008
Good chapter. You mentioned it was diffucult to write, and there are a couple places where I can feel that difficulty, but if you hadn't mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I loved this description of Isaac as he enters: "this one a slim young man with equally blond hair and classically good looks that were somewhat ruined by his scowling expression". It gives a perfect portrayal of Lena's first impression of him.

“I apologize if it looks chewed in places. I left it with the bags and Patu thought it was food.” -I adore Patu :)

There is one tiny phrase that seems a bit off to me: "She turned, placing her hands on her hips and cocking her head, reminding Lena very much of a curious owl regarding a mouse it didn’t feel like eating right just then"-I love the simile comparing Katya to an owl eyeing its prey, the only part that felt a little too casual to me was "right just then". Seems like you could say "right then" or "just then", but "right" & "just" seem almost like the same wording. I would pick one, not use both in the sentence.

Other than that, flawless. Hope you update soon :)
Counting Petals chapter 2 . 8/17/2008
Review Marathon! (-points to link on profile-)

I like your descriptions of life in a border town. From just the few scenes we got here, I can picture what it's probably like. I also like how you're able to get us curious, because you've made it seem so effortless. You've just introduced a new character, but now I'm wondering what he has to do with the first chapter, and what's wrong with him.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Review Marathon! (There's a link on my profile if you're confused.)

I like this idea. You don't usually see planes in fantasy, so it's neat to see this sort of thing.

I also like the descriptions, because you gave us enough that we could picture things, but you didn't go completely overboard.
Sarthim chapter 4 . 8/15/2008
All right! The next chapter was finally posted. Good as always...and that's all I have to say right now...
Sarthim chapter 3 . 8/4/2008
Very good chapter, as always. The story flows fantastically, and I am already swept up in this world by the terrific descriptions and characters. Keep it going.
Jenny Rocker chapter 3 . 8/2/2008
This is getting better and better, and well I just simply want to read more, so I hope you update soon.

Your characters are fantastic-although at this point I will admit, I like Patu best!: "“Don’t eat that. It’s not food.” Isaac nudged the creature’s head away before it could take a big bite. They were said to be able to eat practically anything, but he figured burnt bits of steel was pushing it. "

I love how you describe Isaac's fear of the plane, how he pictures it as a live creature-the broken glass is its teeth and it's going to eat him. Such a unique concept.

I just absolutely love this so far.

The only thing that was a little off was in chapter 2: "Then five little words turned his world upside down"-"Come home. There is a cure." is six words, which you even state in an earlier sentence. Despite that very tiny inconsistency, Just wonderful.

I would love to read more!